RachelTheSeeker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm debating drawing IRL and scanning in facesets for characters in a dungeon-hacking game, or just using their sprites as "portraits" in place of their facesets...
    DeviTheHuman
    DeviTheHuman
    John Wizard used sprites as portraits in his games. It looked weird at first, but then I got used to it. It could work.
    Okay, I feel like a newb. How does one create a blog? The help topic exists, but there's no "My Blogs" section of My Settings...
    I return, and I've got an idea of what I want to do at last (kind of). More after I wake up and blog here about it, as I'm heading to bed soon.
    Assigning gun damage values for a post-apoc RPG is -such- a pain in the butt when you're handling rifles... oy...
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Iron rifles do more damage than wood rifles.
    Espon
    Espon
    But you could set a wood rifle on fire if you ran out of ammo and use it to burn your enemies.
    Making up a quicky tabletop RPG like the ones I used to make in middle school: ones inspired by JRPGs. Only have so much time to finish the system before my cousins, the players, arrive at Thanksgiving. Despain, your RPG skill advice will come in handy. Otherwise, wish me luck!
    Kyouki
    Kyouki
    T-T I miss D&D...
    My latest idea can be either somewhat decent, or a HUGE flop. What I -will- need is to do a lot of drawing in order to assemble all the battlers I'll need for it...
    Ugh. Thinking about going back to regular old VX; cannot get the d20 system to work as well as I'd hoped, yet know I could easily do so with VX. x_x
    Just finished mapping out character stats and when the five magic-users gain spells. Only 30 spells in the game, not counting TP-using techniques and enemy powers; trying to keep it simple but effective, using Dragon Quest 2 as inspiration.
    Why can I not feel satisfied with using the numerous resources for a game available to me...?
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Because no matter how pretty they are, they will never match exactly what you envision for your environments.
    Celianna
    Celianna
    Or mostly because you just want exclusive resources no one else has.
    From people who've worn heavy sports padding and gear before: if you had to wear it as improvised body armor, and wanted to use gaming terms to describe it, would you call it "heavy", "medium", or "light" armor? Mostly, in terms of weight and movement restriction.
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Football or Hockey padding, as for modern standards, certainly heavy armor.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    Medium armor. Kevlar would be heavy.
    Demiurge
    Demiurge
    It depends on what other armor you'd be using. If you're using anything heavier (eg Kevlar) then sports gear would go medium. If not, I'd say heavy.
    After close to a half-hour or more of fiddling around with scripts, I think I've finally got the basis down for a quasi-d20 system in my game! Excelsior and hallelujah!
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Wow! I'd love to know how you've managed to do this.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    I'll be honest, it was mostly with help. Found someone had posted a D&D attack formula, and just needed to tweak it and add in a new stat with a script. Regardless, I'm sure I can pull the rest of it off, too, though my main problem is with making a D&D-style stat to resist status ailments...
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I saw a D&D attack script on a forum once, can't remember where it was hehehe. I have a small code snippet which makes luck a useless stat, well, it prevents luck from having any influence over states, buffs etc.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oooh. What tabletop games do you play?
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Quite a few. D&D (3rd edition and up), White Wolf games, Mutants and Masterminds, and most recently, Savage Worlds.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I play both the new, and old, world of darkness games by White Wolf. I've never really had a chance to play D&D, but I have played a Savage Worlds game called "Solomon Kane". I also play Hellfrost, and I've played a few games of Exalted.
    Speaking of steampunk: energy weapons in my side project (that takes place in the same world), yea or nay?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If they fit the setting, then go for it. If they seem totally out of place, and there's no real explanation as to why these energy weapons exist, then I wouldn't use them. It's up to you though.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    *nods* Well, I was planning on having a few sci-fi anachronisms, the technology of which is powered by alchemical substances. I'll think it over, and wait for more opinions (if I get any), but regardless, thanks for the input, man.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Fair enough, if you want to use machines which are powered by some form of alchemical substance, be it a real chemical or otherwise, that's entirely up to you -I'm a big fan of strange machines which are powered by weird science and almost magical ingredients- you just need them to have a connection to your world. I guess it's entirely up to you how complex you want to make your world, how much history you want to design etc. I hope it works out.
    After that trainwreck that was trying to stream last night, I'd managed to add a few additions to my game. Spell/technique lists for all but one PC are finished, and decided on making the game steampunk fantasy, as I'd first intended a year or two when I first came up with the idea.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?
Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz