RachelTheSeeker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So many projects to choose, so little time... I'm bent on my current project that I'd asked about on the forums (in regards to the retelling) -- what I cannot decide on is a side-project to not burn myself out on the main one. x_x
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I think that's a good idea. I have a side project I'm working on, I don't dedicate the same amount of time to it as I do my primary project, but it is a distraction when I need to take a break from my main project.
    Lockpicking system: yea or nay? I was planning on having two character being able to open locked stuff -- doors for shortcuts and treasure chests -- with one being better than the other. Also was thinking of including magic keys that are one-use items to unlock locked stuff that's not important to the story. Lockpicks can be snapped upon failure, but not every time you fail -- magic keys will always vanish when used, but work 100% of the time.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Definitely. Will consider whether or not it'd be useful -- otherwise, indeed, was planning on having lockpicking be used to get through a dungeon or two quicker, or provide escape routes if you're running low on supplies.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Ah, sorry. Hehehe. Must've missed the part about shortcuts. The escape routes sound like a good idea, perhaps you could even reward players with hidden bits of lore or something.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Ooh! Good call, both Liberty and Cain. Early on, I'd imagine the dungeons would be shorter, and thus less of a need to leave for provisions -- hence, the main 'rogue' for that may as well have chest expertise. And, considering I like to develop settings' lore, I think making info one of a lockpicker's rewards could work. =)
    After some downtime, the iconset for my project is finished!
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Spoke too soon; forgot I wanted icons for each character's techniques. =\ Also, might add more depending on whether or not I want to throw in some key items.
    Just finished spending a couple hours making a custom iconset, pasting them in by hand into a template with Paint.Net. Worth it? So totally.
    So. Let's just say my current avatar and member title are implications to something... something that I can hopefully share with y'all before winter arrives this year...
    Zeramae
    Zeramae
    This was the animated film you were talking about in your topic?
    To anyone interested: I need advice and/or constructive criticism on game dev. If up for providing either, check out my topic in the General Discussion sub-forum of the Game Development forum.
    -Finally- getting to work on my dungeon-hacking project. First step: compiling sprites, and making many of my own. Thank you, VX Ace character generator.
    Is getting more ATK at the cost of less Evasion and Crit % a good trade-off?
    Acetonide
    Acetonide
    I think so.. But then again I naturally just don't even bother with defense. Dx
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    depends how tough you gonna make the battles?

do the enemies hit hard or are they more magic orientated
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    A bit of half-and-half, really... most likely to include at least one hard-hitting foe and one skill-oriented one per dungeon.
    Compiling sprites to make templates; doing so in order to use a visual equipment script for my science fantasy project.
    For my urban science fantasy, I've come up with a story arc during work today (which went fast as greased lightning). To avoid spoiling it too much, it reminds me of Cecil's trials toward heroism from Final Fantasy 4.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    I'm interested to see how it all will play out.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Thank you; I intend for the story arc to be fairly early, as it involves the joining of a new party member into the hero's entourage.
    So. Etrian Odyssey 4 has me inspired to work on my one dungeon-hacking game I wanted to make quite a while back. Even though it's only out in Japan ATM, the preview info from it makes me want a 3DS.
    Okay, didn't realize I needed screenshots for my project before posting in the Early Project Feedback forum. Glad I caught myself; regardless... *derp*
    After a long-arse hiatus, I am building up steam (and resources, as I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks ago) to make an RPG. The genre? Urban science fantasy!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Hey Wulf, long time. Urban science fantasy sounds fun, but how would that even work?
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Indeed, been too long. In regards to the game, it's going to be mostly urban fantasy, with a few bits of sci-fi technology that work due to alchemical substances. Easiest way I can describe similar ideas include the following: the tabletop game Deadlands (mixing steampunk with fantasy, albeit the fantasy being mostly horror-related), or even Star Wars, to stretch it a bit (sci-fi setting where some can use spiritual psionics, AKA The Force).
    A strange feeling can be had from the following mixture: a) working on weapons for an urban fantasy project, B) listening to an indie game OST, and c) wanting to play FO:NV.
    Too... many... icons... at the least, my iconset is almost finished. Just have to edit a couple of preexisting icons, and create four of my own -- a main gauche, stiletto, tabarzin, and colichemarde.
    Fafnir
    Fafnir
    Needs more glaive-guisarmes.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Perhaps a spatha, especially given the fact that I'd like to try and make a game inspired by the Glory of Heracles/Hercules series of RPGs. Glaive-guisarmes... why not?
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Also... *cannotdetectpossiblesarcasm*
    It's all coming together for me now; I finally know what I want to do with my upcoming RPG Maker game, as well as how I'll do it. Just... need another week's pay so I can get the full version of VX Ace. ^^;
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Sounds good. Just beware that one you get Ace you'll never go back.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @Knightmare: Oh, I know, I know... I originally planned to do my projects on just regular ol' VX, before I realized how much easier it could be on Ace...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoorv