RachelTheSeeker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Is getting more ATK at the cost of less Evasion and Crit % a good trade-off?
    Acetonide
    Acetonide
    I think so.. But then again I naturally just don't even bother with defense. Dx
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    Crimson Dragon Inc.
    depends how tough you gonna make the battles?

do the enemies hit hard or are they more magic orientated
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    A bit of half-and-half, really... most likely to include at least one hard-hitting foe and one skill-oriented one per dungeon.
    Compiling sprites to make templates; doing so in order to use a visual equipment script for my science fantasy project.
    For my urban science fantasy, I've come up with a story arc during work today (which went fast as greased lightning). To avoid spoiling it too much, it reminds me of Cecil's trials toward heroism from Final Fantasy 4.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    I'm interested to see how it all will play out.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Thank you; I intend for the story arc to be fairly early, as it involves the joining of a new party member into the hero's entourage.
    So. Etrian Odyssey 4 has me inspired to work on my one dungeon-hacking game I wanted to make quite a while back. Even though it's only out in Japan ATM, the preview info from it makes me want a 3DS.
    Okay, didn't realize I needed screenshots for my project before posting in the Early Project Feedback forum. Glad I caught myself; regardless... *derp*
    After a long-arse hiatus, I am building up steam (and resources, as I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks ago) to make an RPG. The genre? Urban science fantasy!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Hey Wulf, long time. Urban science fantasy sounds fun, but how would that even work?
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Indeed, been too long. In regards to the game, it's going to be mostly urban fantasy, with a few bits of sci-fi technology that work due to alchemical substances. Easiest way I can describe similar ideas include the following: the tabletop game Deadlands (mixing steampunk with fantasy, albeit the fantasy being mostly horror-related), or even Star Wars, to stretch it a bit (sci-fi setting where some can use spiritual psionics, AKA The Force).
    A strange feeling can be had from the following mixture: a) working on weapons for an urban fantasy project, B) listening to an indie game OST, and c) wanting to play FO:NV.
    Too... many... icons... at the least, my iconset is almost finished. Just have to edit a couple of preexisting icons, and create four of my own -- a main gauche, stiletto, tabarzin, and colichemarde.
    Fafnir
    Fafnir
    Needs more glaive-guisarmes.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Perhaps a spatha, especially given the fact that I'd like to try and make a game inspired by the Glory of Heracles/Hercules series of RPGs. Glaive-guisarmes... why not?
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Also... *cannotdetectpossiblesarcasm*
    It's all coming together for me now; I finally know what I want to do with my upcoming RPG Maker game, as well as how I'll do it. Just... need another week's pay so I can get the full version of VX Ace. ^^;
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Sounds good. Just beware that one you get Ace you'll never go back.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @Knightmare: Oh, I know, I know... I originally planned to do my projects on just regular ol' VX, before I realized how much easier it could be on Ace...
    Anyone know if there's a script (or an eventing process) which lets you swap party members if the main party is defeated?
    Been going back and forth with ideas for games that I wish to do. Let's just say that the concept I decided on for my story-based game is going to be partly inspired by a canceled game of mine... and that some things in life never change. [/toosubtle?]
    Out of curiosity... if and when I finish a game (or at least get a demo out), should I include the credits in-game, in a .txt document bundled with the game in a .zip file, or both?
    Hesufo
    Hesufo
    Both - the game itself should have the mark of the author somewhere and credits help with it (this, to avoid potential plagiarism. Very small chance, but it CAN happen!)

Text file, for easy access to players.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    In-game is fine. No need to include it in a text file because nobody will likely take the time to read it. Include some credits in the beginning or have the entire credits as an option on the main menu to select.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    *nods* Definitely. Thanks for the info, guys; I was planning on just putting them as a choice in-game at a "Start new game?" prompt. =)
    Now then. Down to business. Brainstorming stuff for my story-based game. Have most of what I want to do with the dungeon-hacking game already figured out, as well; just need to begin working on sprites and actually using the maker itself to begin piecing it together.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Cool. Once you get knee deep in it it will be hard to stop. Here's for the best (toasts to a couple mugs of "milk") cheers.
    Sorry if this update's a bit too soon from my last one. Anyway, had an epiphany of how I can stat out the characters for my EO-inspired game WITHOUT spending ages doing, like, +50 characters' stats. O_O
    With the opinions added, I am deciding that my main project will be story-based, due to the fact that I feel I could complete it in a timely fashion. For my EO-inspired game, I'd need to make a TON of sprites. Regardless, I'll probably work on both at the same time, but will lean toward my story-based RPG a bit more.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @Knightmare: Easy, dude... I'm still not 100% sure which I'm going to focus more on, thinking things over. Felt I had more work to be done with the EO game as, not only did I need to make custom sprites, but I ALSO need to stat all of them out, and well... you'll see why stating them will be a pain unless I take a couple of shortcuts. Overall, like I said, I'll probably work on both simultaneously, so... chill out!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    I know I was just ribbing man. I hope whatever you do works out for you. If you're good with story I'm sure it will turn out fine.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    *nods* Sorry; at times I have trouble telling a joke or sarcasm from being serious. This was one of those times. ^^;
    So... I'm at my wit's end at what I want to attempt for an RPG. Should I try for a party-choosing, dungeon-hacking game inspired by Etrian Odyssey? Or, should I attempt something more storyline-based?
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Pick one that you really feel like working on and can finish within a reasonable time span.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    From personal experience start with something simpler and save the custom grahpics and deep storyline stuff for later. My personal opinion start with the Etrian Odyssey type game.
    Hesufo
    Hesufo
    Dungeon crawlers FTW.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?
YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arc115