RachelTheSeeker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Anyone know if there's a script (or an eventing process) which lets you swap party members if the main party is defeated?
    Been going back and forth with ideas for games that I wish to do. Let's just say that the concept I decided on for my story-based game is going to be partly inspired by a canceled game of mine... and that some things in life never change. [/toosubtle?]
    Out of curiosity... if and when I finish a game (or at least get a demo out), should I include the credits in-game, in a .txt document bundled with the game in a .zip file, or both?
    Hesufo
    Hesufo
    Both - the game itself should have the mark of the author somewhere and credits help with it (this, to avoid potential plagiarism. Very small chance, but it CAN happen!)

Text file, for easy access to players.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    In-game is fine. No need to include it in a text file because nobody will likely take the time to read it. Include some credits in the beginning or have the entire credits as an option on the main menu to select.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    *nods* Definitely. Thanks for the info, guys; I was planning on just putting them as a choice in-game at a "Start new game?" prompt. =)
    Now then. Down to business. Brainstorming stuff for my story-based game. Have most of what I want to do with the dungeon-hacking game already figured out, as well; just need to begin working on sprites and actually using the maker itself to begin piecing it together.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Cool. Once you get knee deep in it it will be hard to stop. Here's for the best (toasts to a couple mugs of "milk") cheers.
    Sorry if this update's a bit too soon from my last one. Anyway, had an epiphany of how I can stat out the characters for my EO-inspired game WITHOUT spending ages doing, like, +50 characters' stats. O_O
    With the opinions added, I am deciding that my main project will be story-based, due to the fact that I feel I could complete it in a timely fashion. For my EO-inspired game, I'd need to make a TON of sprites. Regardless, I'll probably work on both at the same time, but will lean toward my story-based RPG a bit more.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @Knightmare: Easy, dude... I'm still not 100% sure which I'm going to focus more on, thinking things over. Felt I had more work to be done with the EO game as, not only did I need to make custom sprites, but I ALSO need to stat all of them out, and well... you'll see why stating them will be a pain unless I take a couple of shortcuts. Overall, like I said, I'll probably work on both simultaneously, so... chill out!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    I know I was just ribbing man. I hope whatever you do works out for you. If you're good with story I'm sure it will turn out fine.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    *nods* Sorry; at times I have trouble telling a joke or sarcasm from being serious. This was one of those times. ^^;
    So... I'm at my wit's end at what I want to attempt for an RPG. Should I try for a party-choosing, dungeon-hacking game inspired by Etrian Odyssey? Or, should I attempt something more storyline-based?
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Pick one that you really feel like working on and can finish within a reasonable time span.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    From personal experience start with something simpler and save the custom grahpics and deep storyline stuff for later. My personal opinion start with the Etrian Odyssey type game.
    Hesufo
    Hesufo
    Dungeon crawlers FTW.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rizal_afand13