Recent content by RachelTheSeeker

1. RachelTheSeeker

16 years indeed, and a good call. And here I thought my unused lore was extensive. But yes, I'm...

16 years indeed, and a good call. And here I thought my unused lore was extensive. But yes, I'm finding it's more useful to create the game as you go, and not tack on more lore unless there's something to show for it. If anything, all that lore can be alluded to to make an extensive world...
  2. RachelTheSeeker

Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)

Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
  3. RachelTheSeeker

Limit Break

Hey! Been looking for something like this. The one caveat I'm curious is: is there any way to deplete the TP meter to zero if the actor is KO'd? In this way, it'll feel even closer to a FF7 limit break, and force characters to survive instead of just taking damage. Other than that query, this...
  4. RachelTheSeeker

Even from what little I learned about sumo culture from a Gaijin Goombah video or two, this is a...

Even from what little I learned about sumo culture from a Gaijin Goombah video or two, this is a cool concept and I feel it's very unique to see it adapted. It's a niche not even Japanese fans really specialize in from personal experience. It's like how my fantasy setting is specifically based...
  5. RachelTheSeeker

Nouns~

Nouns~
  6. RachelTheSeeker

And that is fair, to have wanted to present a warning. Your heart was in the right place and...

And that is fair, to have wanted to present a warning. Your heart was in the right place and your worries valid, but the warning was mishandled by myself and likely others.
  7. RachelTheSeeker

There y'go! A jolly guy who's soft for a hug and can shrug off hard hits. He sounds fun! Besides...

There y'go! A jolly guy who's soft for a hug and can shrug off hard hits. He sounds fun! Besides that, people create characters that they like based on interests too. Not just self-inserts, heh. Heck, there's a lot you can imply about my tastes, beliefs and even kinks from looking at my MC...
  8. RachelTheSeeker

Heck, people point at FF7 being centered around megacorps and environmentalism when the bigger...

Heck, people point at FF7 being centered around megacorps and environmentalism when the bigger picture is coming to terms with oneself and the past coming back to haunt someone. The personal elements of your story are what make it unique, however, and can draw people in initially too. Despite my...
  9. RachelTheSeeker

The only thing I could suggest is, indeed, not using fat furs as a selling point? I'm not sure...

The only thing I could suggest is, indeed, not using fat furs as a selling point? I'm not sure how heavy-handed that element is, because I didn't give your writing a chance. When someone puts a specific thing on a pedestal -- politics, sexuality, gender identity, etc -- there'll be people who...
  10. RachelTheSeeker

Then maybe I've handled it unfairly. In my case, anyone can point to my art so far and scream...

Then maybe I've handled it unfairly. In my case, anyone can point to my art so far and scream "SJW" or "snowflake" because my lead (furry) characters are usually LGBT+, and have personal issues they need to grow stronger from. I'm likely not the target audience, but you still deserve a more fair...
  11. RachelTheSeeker

Clearly, you need the Bank Card key item. And to beat up some urban critters and neighborhood...

Clearly, you need the Bank Card key item. And to beat up some urban critters and neighborhood rowdies, so your dad can toss you allowance from his workplace.
  12. RachelTheSeeker

Style vs Information

Ideally, I'd say info > graphics for a RPG. I also like having fun with item and skill descriptions, which can spruce up menus in a natural way. For turn-based JRPGs, an entertaining pun or a bit of lore in a description goes a long way. In action-RPGs where you need a basic description, that's...
  13. RachelTheSeeker

May 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

This past month has sucked. Not just for dev work, but almost all of my creative works. I'm getting real sick of faffing about on YouTube all day. I've bounced between procrastination and burnout without any in-between. It's coming to a hard decision, but one I need to make. One I hinted at with...
  14. RachelTheSeeker

What are your favorite superhero games?

As of yesterday I've gotten nostalgic for X-Men Legends? I played the original with my childhood pal during our teens, back when I new little of Marvel outside of a Spider-Man trade I was gifted for Christmas (to say nothing of the Spidey 00's movie). I'm more of a Marvel than a DC but I like...
  15. RachelTheSeeker

Reworking my setting and cutting lore bloat to make it work for a game. A reboot with no...

Reworking my setting and cutting lore bloat to make it work for a game. A reboot with no material doesn't count as a reboot, I think?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimmyChapman