Recent content by RachelTheSeeker

1. RachelTheSeeker

Stat Checks?

I literally have no valid response to those pinging my malice-laced post. I am responding to say that yes, my douchebag rant is douchey. I am sorry for saying these vicious things to Frostorm, and for not grasping simple context. I don't want any further involvement with this thread hereafter.
  2. RachelTheSeeker

Stat Checks?

I am sorry for being a huge jerk, then. There was no need for me to assume the worst and rant about it. Let alone projecting. Carry on.
  3. RachelTheSeeker

If it's more story-based, definitely gaining characters over time for me. If characters are more...

If it's more story-based, definitely gaining characters over time for me. If characters are more like blank slates for classes and customization, most or all of 'em from the start.
  4. RachelTheSeeker

And sometimes, when English-speakers like me can't find a word, we come up with them on the spot. :p

And sometimes, when English-speakers like me can't find a word, we come up with them on the spot. :p
  5. RachelTheSeeker

Stat Checks?

On the debate between Tai_MT and Frostorm, I have all this to say. Barely related, but a personal pet peeve for a while. Theory means absolutely, positivity jack-flippin'-squat if you don't back it up with practice. Frostorm, I have seen you post theory thread after theory thread for a couple...
  6. RachelTheSeeker

Stat Checks?

I'd pondered something stat-check-adjacent before? For New Vegas's skills, there's no percentage-based roll to determine success. You either have the proper skill rank, or you don't. However, this also feels a pain to translate into RPG Maker. For a JRPG-esque version, why not have it be "you...
  7. RachelTheSeeker

Here's to the l'il cutie getting a good home! I kinda wonder if your avatar is that kitten?

Here's to the l'il cutie getting a good home! I kinda wonder if your avatar is that kitten?
  8. RachelTheSeeker

What's The Story Behind Your Avatar?

My avatar. My word, a story to tell. She is my main OC and a veritable fursona / self-insert, Raziya. About nine years ago, I had seen bits and bobs of The Lion King for the first time in years. I remembered how much I adored that movie. I got the weird idea, a prospective RPG Maker dabbler at...
  9. RachelTheSeeker

Elemental Spells

I feel that elements shouldn't be overdone. They should have character, and there's more to that character than just giving status effects. Each element (let alone specific spell) should still have a niche, even if those niches may be asymmetrical. For instance, let's look at the original...
  10. RachelTheSeeker

Been a while. New jam coming up on RMN. Let's press Continue, my lovelies.

Been a while. New jam coming up on RMN. Let's press Continue, my lovelies.
  11. RachelTheSeeker

Is the first enemy encounter area in your game a forest?

Prologue will be a forest, first "real" dungeon is a cave. Eh, I have my reasons.
  12. RachelTheSeeker

Naming Elemental Archetypes

Hmm, each character has a specific elemental affinity and weakness? Sounds cool to me! Not only does this exist in Pokemon, but I also appreciate how Digimon World 3 and even Dragon Quest 8 did similar. My own worry is that you'll be reaching for too many elements in a cast that feels redundant...
  13. RachelTheSeeker

How do you name your characters?

Considering my game world is Byzantine inspired, I just pull names from there and adjacent countries. Greek, Egyptian, Persian, Swahili, Slavic, Italian, and sometimes more Western European languages like Gaelic work. I don't think too hard on why the names are given, as long as it feels good...
  14. RachelTheSeeker

Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing...

Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)
  15. RachelTheSeeker

Do You Have Healing?

I mean, I love support in games. But there's much more to support than just healing. Buffing allies to kick butt, giving them a second chance to succeed, shutting down enemies with debuffs and ailments... I love it. I can't stand White Mages who are meant to be healbots, especially if they're...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS