Recent content by Ragpuppy87

1. Ragpuppy87

Creating a Short yet Effective Tutorial

I had just thought of this myself 2 minutes before you posted this. I think it would work well within my game as the player is already forced to interact with a book at the very beginning. "Why not make the book a key item?"
  2. Ragpuppy87

Creating a Short yet Effective Tutorial

The title of this thread says it all. What do you include in a Tutorial? How do you keep it brief, while making it effective at the same time? Basic controls are easy enough, but what about the menu screen? There is a lot on a RPG Menu screen. Sub Menus, equipment, how to equip, what all those...
  3. Ragpuppy87

Should I put money into this non-commercial first time project?

A lot of good tips so far. Thanks everyone. If I were to spend any money on this it would be quite a while from now. I'm currently in the very beginning of reworking my project into something far more playable. General consensus from my initial Beta release seemed to be , the story was...
  4. Ragpuppy87

Should I put money into this non-commercial first time project?

It seems like a stupid question. Ask me a month ago and I would have said no. But now I find myself with $1,200 burning a hole in my pocket. And now I'm not so sure. It's easy to say "no" when you don't have the money to spend. I've been working steadily on my first RPG Maker project for (Wow...
  5. Ragpuppy87

I guess at some point you have to realize that your game will not please everyone. If you go...

I guess at some point you have to realize that your game will not please everyone. If you go into designing one trying to account for everyone's specific preferences you'll never get anywhere.
  6. Ragpuppy87

23 years late, but I can check Final Fantasy VII off my gaming bucket list. It wasn't the...

23 years late, but I can check Final Fantasy VII off my gaming bucket list. It wasn't the flawless masterpiece I was led to believe. Not by a longshot. But overall it was a positive experience.
  7. Ragpuppy87

RMMV Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer

A quick drawing of one of the game's shopkeepers, courtesy of @SmashArtist.:kaothx:
  8. Ragpuppy87

RMMV Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer

Project Update: Progress was delayed for a bit due to Covid-19 but work is scheduled to resume soon. I am both honored and excited to be working together with @Finnuval and now @SmashArtist to make this project the best it can be.
  9. Ragpuppy87

Obscure Secrets (aka "How the Heck was I supposed to figure that out?!")

I actually found this very interesting. I never considered that the style of secrets were due to a more cultural reasoning. Whether this translates well to the rest of the world is still up for debate, but it is definitely something to keep in mind. Thank you for sharing that info.
  10. Ragpuppy87

Obscure Secrets (aka "How the Heck was I supposed to figure that out?!")

So I'm playing through Final Fantasy VII for the first time. For the most part I'm finding it enjoyable. There are several things that are driving me crazy however. One of which is a lack of direction in certain areas of the game. Example 1 How was I supposed to know that to get the Keystone...
  11. Ragpuppy87

MV- A Variety of Sleeping Cats

Once again, your work is amazing! :) Thanks for going above and beyond with the sitting poses as well. I truly appreciate everything that you have done thus far for my project. :cutesmile:
  12. Ragpuppy87

MV- A Variety of Sleeping Cats

These are by @whtdragon. Eight variants of cats. I'm hoping someone can make sleeping versions of each one of these variants. As always any help is truly appreciated. Thanks.
  13. Ragpuppy87

Sometimes after working a bit too long and hard on my project, I mix up my left and my right...

Sometimes after working a bit too long and hard on my project, I mix up my left and my right. The result is a character delivering dramatic dialogue and then promptly running into a wall.
  14. Ragpuppy87

Avy's MV Stuff

I apologize. I just saw a lot of other requests in the thread and assumed. Would you mind if I made a request in resource requests for another artist to create a face sheet based on your work?
  15. Ragpuppy87

Avy's MV Stuff

Hello, @Avery. If you are currently taking requests, I would like an emotion face set for your fortune teller character above, please. This character wouldn't actually serve as a fortune teller but rather just a kind old wise woman. So I would just need some basic emotions such as a neutral...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always forget that most of websites have "Back to top" button. I always scroll my way through to the top than clicking them :(
Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElenoreEdwin