Raijinn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Non-fantasy good rpgs anywhere?
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Shadow Hearts, Resonance of Fate, SMT games in general.
    StrawberrySmiles
    StrawberrySmiles
    @leenat40 - How is Dark Souls not that "fantasy-ish"? It's basically dark fantasy.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I pretty much only know older stuff. The Mother series, and if you're okay with a blend of scifi/fantasy the Star Ocean series and Chrono Trigger both have a fair amount of scifi. I hear Phantasy Star is pretty good too and is supposed to be scifi.
    I WANT A CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE BURGER
    I made up random usernames when I was 12 and today I saw them come true. Someone actually thought of that wtf
    Undertale is the best rpg I've ever played. I'm serious. No FF or Tales of gonna beat that shiiiiii
    Reactions: Uzuki
    Isabella Ava
    Isabella Ava
    too bad for you to say so. I assume you never play legend game like Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, FF8, FF9, Valkyrie Profile, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, Kingdom of Heart, Legend of Zelda ......
    Sami-Fire64
    Sami-Fire64
    One of us, one of us! It really is a good game with a touching story.
    Reactions: Uzuki
    Raijinn
    Raijinn
    Making a small project, with base resources and maps with a few plugins maybe. Who wanna play?
    why is there two forums for rpgmaker what's up with the rpgmaker.net and what's up with this one?
    evmaster
    evmaster
    All I can say is this forum is the official RPG maker forum.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Right. .net is a fan forum. Though a lot of people are members of both.
    Verdelite
    Verdelite
    I've read that rpgmaker.net isn't strictly for RPG Maker games but for RPG devs in general and only happens to share the similar name.
    Reactions: Dalph
    Have you ever re-made the beginning of a game 14 times because all 14 was boring?
    Reactions: Hollow 1977
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Did it twice and I'm happy now, might want to do what bonkers and bgillisp say, 14 rewrites seems really excessive.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Haha reminds me of when I was 11 playing the PSX RPG Maker. I think I spent more time re-making and re-writing intros than I did actually making the games.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I would start on creating some other areas of the game as they would need to tie in with the beginning. At that point you may want to modify things. Needless to say I have restarted projects, games, etc cause I wanted them to be perfect. Do you have the overall story written?
    Not once have I seen a non-rpg game made with rpgmaker
    evmaster
    evmaster
    Wait a sec, did Slimmeiske just say she made "To the Moon"???
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @evmaster Uh no :P The games I listed are all made by different developers. To The Moon is made by Kai Reives Gao.
    My own games aren't finished yet ^^; I guess I should have made it clearer.
    Raijinn
    Raijinn
    Holy Crap, didn't think this was gonna get that much reply
    3 months worth of work is gone..... I have no will to live...
    kurimaw82
    kurimaw82
    You can try to port the HD to another desktop and try to salvage.. Btw what happen?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    If it makes you feel any better, I started over on my project after about 7 months of development. I think all that is still left from the first 7 months is the character names.
    Lantiz
    Lantiz
    Just don't give up [:
    STEAM SUMMER SALEEEEE AYEEEEEEEEEEE RPGMAKER DISCOUNT AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Why do I feel most rpgmaker games feel the same... it's disappointing sometimes...
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    But unless buy a number of sound, graphic packs or are really gifted in drawing you are highly limited. What comes with the system is just not enough to really produce something. Storywise though, that should not be an issue as you can change the backgrounds of the characters and make a really nice story but graphically though especially maps and stuff you have to draw or buy the packs.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Some people also don't bother to use the "character creator" thing in some of the newer programs to make their own characters and sprites... Which is... disappointing. They'd rather use the defaults.
    Raijinn
    Raijinn
    Okay, fair enough. But storywise, it's almost always something like this "Ooh look at that sp00ky place, go there and beat the sp00ky monsters". and sometimes "go get that thing from that place." @Hollow 1977
    *UPDATE* Re-making my game, might need another month to finish the story.
    Reactions: Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Keep going! You're nearing the finish line. All you have to do is cross it.
    feelin ignored lmao
    Reactions: bis1994
    chungsie
    chungsie
    some days are better than other days.
    bis1994
    bis1994
    Maybe you just giving attention to the wrong people...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm that guy in the room that if asked about 3/4 people won't remember me being there (unless I get into a fight anyway). Actually prefer it that way though, being noticed by people generally sucks for me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think the characters are really too short. Should at least add a little more
Just the legs should be longer.
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist ---

Survivalist: I going to Test you: How to make the Fire.
F.Mage: That easy. (Preparing the Spell) EXPLOSIVE!!!
(an Explosion on the Wood Branch then Fire is Appeared)
F.Mage: (Proud Face) See?
Survivalist: (Angry Tone) MAGIC ISN'T ALLOWED!!!
Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robotpirategary