Recent content by RampartCratylus

1. RampartCratylus

A Revising "Book of Techniques"?

If I really wanted to get what I wanted out of the mechanic, there would likely be additional refinement such as the presence of 'accents' for some words, just as ways of flavoring the ability in question. Maybe the defense buff doesn't give solely defense this way, but mitigates the Def buff...
  2. RampartCratylus

Well, this isn't how I had envisioned it. The words would be slotted prior to combat, and what you could use would be decided unless you chose to rearrange the word order. But yeah, words would have different contexts and so forth. That's part of the big appeal. My dream ideal would be for...
  3. RampartCratylus

Lost Magic seems similar to what I had in mind, but I suppose mine was more abstract- in a way derived from the Orbment system of the first two Trails in the Sky games where you'd equip various gems of a sort and depending on the allotment of elements, would get different spells out of it. In...
  4. RampartCratylus

Kiseki Series and In-Depth Lore

Right. I've been meaning to get the Crossbell titles, but I'd need to learn Japanese :P , which might not be an ill-advised endeavour. But really, the Trails games have been a major source of inspiration in how I pace/plot/etc. I learned from Sora no Kiseki especially how to pace for dramatic...
  5. RampartCratylus

This one is a bit off-kilter, but seeing as I'm brainstorming, I thought I'd ask. Essentially, for a spell-caster class, you'd have a book that determined what kinds of spell they could use. As you go through the game, you'd learn various words in the language contained in the tome, and...
  6. RampartCratylus

Plot and Character Feedback

Here's some lore I developed for the background to a religious cult system in my world. _______ Roughly 1,250 years ago, the primary hub of 'civilization' was concentrated in the Theocratic union of Aclodius, where the religion of the Azerama more or less suffused every aspect of life. The...
  7. RampartCratylus

Which annoys me to no end. I really would like to play the Crossbell Arc at some point, as it seems to be a point at which many plot threads intersect. But perhaps the most interesting to me is The Third Sora No Kiseki where you play as Kevin simply because it has heaps and tons of lore...
  8. RampartCratylus

Plot and Character Feedback

In the story I've been developing, I want the main antagonistic force to be rather obscure, but tied to the tourism agency of the country you primarily explore. The reason for this is: - The tourism agency presupposes a historical awareness of the country - They have tons of excess capital...
  9. RampartCratylus

Thoughts on RPGs with lots and lots of characters?

I think it depends on the kind of atmosphere the game cultivates. In Suikoden II with its overall theme of war and unity in the face of the odds, it made sense to have a large cast as it brought you into closer contact with the world, which was important for the way it developed overall. 
  10. RampartCratylus

"Wacky" Magic Mechanic

In part inspired by the variations on the same spell I saw in Dissidia, I was thinking of having a mechanic in which if you put a character into a sleep status, his magic casting ability doesn't merely become stronger- but wackier, with additional effects as opposed to mere damage. For...
  11. RampartCratylus

Battlefield "Enchantments"

The point of most of my design philosophy is that if it sounds 'off', to keep working on it to see if you can utilize it in some novel way for interesting combat. It would extend beyond mere curse mechanics into sorts of spell-casting/skill pre-conditions. But the idea has some integral...
  12. RampartCratylus

Battlefield "Enchantments"

Despite the hi-falutin title for this topic, what I had in mind is really quite simple. In this game mechanic I was thinking of having a boss (for example) cast a spell- call it Curse 1.  This Curse would act in a sense to open up another menu of commands on the part of the boss, and even...
  13. RampartCratylus

That's cool. Keep it up though, because SC really pulls out all the stops. FC is more the 'world building' title as I see it.
  14. RampartCratylus

Yeah, it actually starts very slow. Ramps up slow. By the end of the FC which is a long game, the full scope and breadth of the overall story-line begins to become manifest.
  15. RampartCratylus

No I'm with you in many relevant capacities. Since I'm not getting a PS3/Vita I watched a lot of Sen no Kiseki on my computer. Really really really liked both Trails in the Sky titles, hope the Third one gets localized too. A lot of my approach in storyboarding takes from Trails ultimately...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minh0408