Ratty524
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I am in the process of making a new patch to Tina of the Stars, with the intent on making it easier. Is anyone interested in Beta Testing? :D
    Yikes. The Permian-Triassic extinction event is full of possible theories in relation to its causes. I don't know which one to represent in the side-project I just started. Dx
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    So several armored fish, amphibians, and mammal-like reptiles turned into brain-craving undeads and started a massacre.

... SOUNDS AWESOME!
    Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    Have all (actual theories) be possible, maybe randomly occur? What kind of side project?
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    It's a new game I started working on. It will be titled "Prehistoric Fantasy: Path to Transcendence". Its an RPG taking place in the early geographic periods of an Earth-like planet. You play as a prehistoric animal who's main goal is to survive against the odds though each geological period (Cambrian - Present) and evolve to eventually reach "transcendence", or human-level intelligence. It's largely inspired by the SNES game EVO: The Search for Eden and I plan to...
    If I made a game about the evolution of prehistoric animals, akin to games like EVO, would people play it?
    zeraf
    zeraf
    curious what type of graphics or sprites you would be using
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    I have the RTP tileset combined with my own RTP-styled graphics for the creatures on my mind right now. After two projects creating large amounts of custom graphics, I kind of want a break from it. xD
    zeraf
    zeraf
    I say go for it
    I just learned today that Ksi = Liberty from RMN D:
    Tsukitsune
    Tsukitsune
    What's RDM stand for?
    Ksi
    Ksi
    GDM, sorry. It is an all-nighter I have pulled, so some mistakes are a possibility. Game Dev Month.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    GMD = Game Making Drive :D

That must have been some all-nighter!
    seita
    seita
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    Wow, lol. I don't know how you'd draw something like that; I thought it was a 3-D model which was rotated as a portrait. That being said, there's not enough materials to start a game with it - you'd have only 4-5 characters that look different from each other,
    seita
    seita
    I'm still 95% sure those are from an online game, and just redrawn by celianna. I just can't find the damn thing ;x
    What is the god damn point of making installers for freakin' RPG Maker games!? No it doesn't make your game look professional.
    Chrome
    Chrome
    Im not sure but isnt it harder to hack a game with an installer?
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    I think if you're making a commercial game, you must have an installer. But if you're just displaying demos or putting something free for people to test here, it is extremely annoying to mess with their installed programs list.
    Animus
    Animus
    Oh I'm with you on that Ratty; I'd never ask another RMer to install as that annoys me too. It'd mainly be for big (original everything) projects that get their own website...anything else just use the normal extraction; I know I said that it's hard for some people who don't have RM to find the Game.exe, but it's not impossible. Having the game in RM portals make installers even more ridiculous.
    Dammit I keep confusing this board with RPG Maker VX Ace forums!
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    It's ok, I always assume people are on Ace >.<
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    99% of the time, that is true.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    It is, but still, I've answered a VX question in terms of Ace more than once :/
    GOD WHY DO PEOPLE USE THOSE FACE GENERATOR GRAPHICS!? THEY LOOK FREAKIN' HIDEOUS!
    Animus
    Animus
    I would say it's okay since not everyone can make faces, but there are a whole lot of faces made for RPG Maker to choose from that haven't seen much use; my favorites are the ones that are different from the normal RTP face/busts
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Yes overall they aren't "all that" but some combinations do work. Heck I still use the generator facemaker sometimes. I took a liking to it when it first came out, kinda reminded of the Tales Of game art style. If you know what your character looks like it's fine. Just... don't click random generator xD
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    Almost every combination I've seen produces something that looks cross-eyed, unnatural and creepy. Take the portrait in Jak's Adventure, for instance. I still can't remove that image from my mind.
    So how many people have been banned so far in this community? 2?
    Celianna
    Celianna
    This is seriously not needed.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    All of the bans have been for one of five reasons: 1. Excessively rude members who were given many chances to lighten their tone, 2. People who were attacking the moderators, not disagreeing with them, attacking, 3. Spamming members via PM 4. Posting illegal materials, 5. Spambots.

I find that if you find any of those excessive.... I have no idea what else to say.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Or people who have created multiple accounts to get around being banned :)
    Why do I feel like Zelda: Twilight Princess is just beginning itself at the point where you reach Hyrule Fields?
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    Because that's where it begins, dude.

Then begins itself again after you finish getting the Master Sword.
    dragonborn99
    dragonborn99
    Very, very nice...

One question I have, though is: is this game suitable for boys also?

I think maybe you could put a gender switch option in, or would that clash with the storyline too much!?

Because I am male and I would love to play this game!

Can't wait to hear more of this!!!
    Gomi Boy
    Gomi Boy
    um, boys can play games with a girl protagonist. it doesn't mean you're suddenly a girl or anything.

some really neat spriting in this one, I'll check it out for sure later.
    dragonborn99
    dragonborn99
    Okay then :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, ended up at the hospital with the oldest so mebbe might make the game jam's deadline. Maybe not. Regardless, really digging MZ.
I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nitrostat