Recent content by Rave

1. Rave

Sprited SV_Enemies

Amazing work! Could you sprite a SV dragon, based on this character sprite by the @whtdragon? https://i.imgur.com/Z0leMuD.png Thanks in advance.
  2. Rave

Neon Black's Large Sprite Fix

Hello, this plugin leads to performance degradation (as n, the game starts to slideshow) and ultimately a crash in 1.6.1 - does anyone know of alternatives to this plugin or a fixed version?
  3. Rave

VX Ace Tileset Converted to MV

Awesome work. Wonder if it'd look good to mix MV and Ace resources since they're so similar (aside of the size).
  4. Rave

whtdragon's animals and running horses- now with more dragons!

Really like your upright dragon sprite. Looks awesome! I wish you could do SV battler and monster version of each of the dragons, even if only a single color (since doing a recolor is easy with GIMP or Photoshop). But I understand if you don't feel up to it, especially for SV version - there are...
  5. Rave

Why did Kadokawa abandon 2k3/XP autotile format?

And audio keeps lagging in vanilla 1.5.2 with a project made in vanilla 1.5.2 and no plugins, because... Strawman. Battle system has nothing to do with the autotile format which is what this thread is about. Look, I know HTML5 and JS is cool and trendy, but it isn't a best choice for a game...
  6. Rave

Still, even with 4gb max (and people normally using only 1-2gb) it shouldn't been an issue for a 2d game engine. RM never was a cutting edge AAA engine, no it was a nice, cool engine to make a 2D RPG with. So the RAM shouldn't cause any issue even back then. And I agree, unlimited tileset size...
  7. Rave

Yeah... if the RAM usage was the reason, then it was a really stupid one. Memory is cheap these days and it's not like RM is cryengine or UE4. As for mapping, that reason doesn't make sense to me as well, since 2k3 used the same format as XP (only that 2k3's autotiles were half as big) and in...
  8. Rave

Didn't know what board to put this in, so feel free to move. Why do you think Kadokawa abandoned XP's autotile format? It was easy to learn (as opposed to VX(Ace)/MV format) and was actually a superset of what VX autotiles can do. VX autotiles can only make square boxes that would feel right at...
  9. Rave

Coinhive plugin

Because I'm not EA.
  10. Rave

Coinhive plugin

Yes, let's ban knife sales because they can be used to kill people. Or, more closer analogy, let's ban paysafecard, Western Union transfers, etc. because they may be used by criminals. Listen up: Technology is neither good or evil, it's how you're using it that matters. As for transparency, I...
  11. Rave

Wave Filter

It's a nice plugin, but I need a picture wave command specifically (like in old 2k3).
  12. Rave

Anyone had any luck with using Typescript (compiles to JS) to develop plugins?

No, I meant definitions. I think I'd be able to take it from there.
  13. Rave

Wave Filter

Hey, I'd really love to use the filter, but as video shows, it "cuts" pictures at the edges if "waved" area extends picture's bounds, whereas in 2k3 it was extended as needed. Unless this is issues has been/will be fixed, this plugin is quite unfortunately useless for me. Great work, though.
  14. Rave

Have a great upcoming week! Here, in Poland, we start weeks on Monday. Deal with it ;)

Have a great upcoming week! Here, in Poland, we start weeks on Monday. Deal with it ;)
  15. Rave

Announcement PSA: ITCH.IO - Check your Names and Games!

Exactly. I'm really actually fine with giving a chunk of my processing power to a website or a game if those three things are followed: - I know it's happening - It isn't too much (definitely less than 20%) - The developer/site owner actually gets it, not some hacker. In this case at least #3...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
universalwonder