Raynar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
    • Sad
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Well, ain't we all, right? It happens to a lot of us. What matters is that you caught it. And hey, maybe you've learned something useful about balancing in the meantime? Planning might not be starting the damn game but it'll give you a boost when you do. Might save or cut down on needed revisions later on.
    Reactions: Raynar
    Raynar
    Raynar
    I wish I did learn something but I hadn't haha. At least I managed to get some brainstorming going about furthering the story, but I definitely need to find some tutorials on skills, damage formulas and the like.
    I finally managed to get some kind of design going for my first castle! I'm proud :D
    SOC
    SOC
    I really enjoy designing castles, too! Be sure to update us!
    This probably isn't the place to ask, but is there a forum here where I can post / ask for advice and building tips? I'm stumped.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    If you've got an attempt at what you're going for you can post in the "Game Map and Screenshots" thread for personalized advice on how to make a map work better.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    If you actually meant "how to make a game" stuff, well, that's going to depend a lot on what you're trying to do. Starting with the tutorials is best, and Andar has a great list in the VX Ace subforum that also works really well for other versions.
    Raynar
    Raynar
    @CleanWater Cheers, Will do!

@Sharm Woah... Thank you so much for your response! I wasn't necessarily asking how to make a game since I've been doing decently so far by just experimenting, but when it came to map design, that's where I was stumped. But thank you very much for your input, It's greatly appreciated!
    Anyone get that feeling when you're designing a castle or a structure, but for some reason it doesn't look quite like how you imagined it?
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Raynar
    Raynar
    I'm aiming to create a three floor Castle. (Third floor being the throne room) I've finished designing the first floor but something in the back of my mind was telling me that it didn't quite look attractive enough. I could be wrong, but I just have that inkling that it doesn't quite look good.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    You could always post it in the screenshots section and get a second opinion on it.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    all the time. It's part of the process and looking for feedback is the way to go then :)
    Finally finished off the Village of Tret and the forest it's positioned in. Time to make the Tower Dungeon, then the final part: The Castle!
    Raynar
    Raynar
    Then some fine tuning with the story, a few extra cutscenes to add, and then, I shall be finished :D Oh, and I need to come up with a name for the game, and figure out how to create a demo without finalising the project. Wouldn't want to release a playable beta to find out the project isn't usable anymore, haha XD
    Man... Now that I've come around to it, designing simple and enjoyable dungeons wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be...
    Hey, I thought I'd reply here instead as it's a bit off topic. I just wanted to add to what you said, good luck :) but don't rush out a demo even though I said I said. It's always better to take your time on it and check for bugs and things like that. Of course you could be doing that anyway, but I just wanted to be clear, as it's a mistake people who are making there first games sometimes do.
    Reactions: Raynar and Marsigne
    Raynar
    Raynar
    Oh, of course! I wasn't planning on rushing it out, the first location is far from done. There's still a few villages to do, two dungeons and a fair load of scripting/story creation yet. Trust me, I'm far from the state where I feel confident releasing a playable demo :)
    atoms
    atoms
    Ok great news! :) Sorry, just wanted to be clear in-case.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...
This is on the Amazon page for the FF7 Remake: 'If you get the game early, please think of others and don't spoil it for them. Please don't post videos or screenshots of the game until it is officially on sale on April 10.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flat_Tire_Games