RCXDan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Man I sure would love it if my memory didn't blank out and I completely forget what it was I wanted to look up.
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Riazey
    Riazey
    :kaoblush: Or like you open a tab and have a minor side thought and get distracted and 5 minutes later realize you didn't look up whatever it was.
    Reactions: RCXDan
    New Game Plus from an NPC's perspective must be wild, especially if they let you keep end-game weapons and armor.

* Guild leader: "Alright, send em i--"

* [Protagonist walks in wielding a world class sword and is in a giant, overdecorated suit of armor that nearly blinds from how shiny it is]

* Guild leader: ("Who the **** is this new guy?")
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I really like the idea of a NG+ from the perspective of an NPC, or even a party member! That would be pretty damn cool.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Just like what Snake says in a MGS3 NG+ "Don't get worked up over details." when he got questioned about NG+ gear. :kaopride:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Especially if NG+ doesn't change the dialogue or quests in any way. Your protag, decked out in all the best gear, and lugging around a sack ooverflowing with gold, asks the local guild for work to earn a bit of cash so he can pay off his debts. lol. The guild master might think the protag is just being a troll.
    Slimes are starter enemies until you watch something like the Blob.

Then you realize that if they really felt like it they'd just swallow everything you throw at them that isn't magic. Swords cutting them? Nah. Shooting them? They'd eat the bullets or they go right through, and so on.

... watch me do something with this.
    Reactions: spec3 and KakonComp
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Well, they eat everything, but yes, it happens that some firstly eat intelligence-ups, allowing them to pick and choose which potions they drink. If we don’t have slime poison in store, then we might have a repeat of the great splooge of ‘69
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I try to forget '69.
    spec3
    spec3
    We've finally moved into our new house! We had to drag heavy-ass furniture up a flight of stairs, but everything is here! :kaopride:
    Quexp
    Quexp
    It took me about a year to finally get settled in. Not having kids, the spare room became the storage room. Some people have a "junk drawer"; I had a "junk room". Haha! Anyways, congratulations on the move and enjoy tonight's pizza. ;)
    Crazy idea: lawnmower/weed whackers as a weapon type.

Specifically the ones that are spinning axes on sticks.
    Reactions: palatkorn
    Dororo
    Dororo
    There's a japanese martial art that teach how to kill people with common objects like paper, flowers, stockings.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    A weed whacker made of axes? You mean a chainsaw?
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Well, considering there are already people using carrots as a weapon 20 years ago..
    Weird question but: do you guys get more frustrated at mediocre games over ones that are outright bad?

Especially if the mediocre game has hints of greatness but it squanders 90% of it?
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Due the amount of indie and free games and emulation and markteplaces and other stuff I can/must do daily, mediocre == bad. I mean, I don't feel cheated by both, I simply let them flow away.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Yeah, actually. A bad game may irritate me to a great degree, but when I play something that has these flashes of brilliance, but buries it beneath absolute poop, I really get frustrated.
    • Love
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a bad one for me is basically complaining about frustration vs. dropping & uninstalling.
    Tooth please stop aching I wish to live with a little less stress :kaoeh:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sounds like you need to make an appointment with Dr Pliers to have that troublesome tooth ripped right out. :p

In all seriousness, toothache sucks. It's that special kind of pain that makes you irritable, and prevents you from really focusing on anything else.
    • Haha
    Elliott404
    Elliott404
    If the pain last longer than 10 mins, then it sounds like a nerve issue to your tooth.
    And you have to set an appointment to your dentist ASAP
    • Wow

Help me out with "other world" ideas, fellas. :kaoeh:

I finally feel comfortable showing off the game for more people to play now.
    Pros: I finished my entry for the game jam and posted the thread.

Cons: Submissions ended three hours ago

Well... let's look on the bright side: I got a game done? :)
    Really feeling the burn with my no travel game jam project. Actually kinda worried I won't get it done on time simply because I'm such a stickler for details.

At the very least the biggest cutscene is done with and the most problematic maps are over with.
    My greatest nemesis: schoolwork.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Quill-Hawthorne
    Lilly
    Lilly
    Atleast you can listen to music at home while doing it.
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    And just like that, I've taken down my greatest enemy. Unfortunately, in typical shounen fashion, a stronger opponent shows its face and it turns out to be... RPG Maker!? (I really had less trouble doing schoolwork than I do with game development, huh. :/ )
    Yes, I've got 90% of the maps done for my game jam entry!!

Wait, you're telling me I still have to do cutscenes, databasing and combat?

Well, back to the dungeon with me. :kaocry:
    SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    Haha, opposite problem for me, basically everything is done, I just need to make all the maps. :dizzy:
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I wished i liked the MV style (art) Im spending so much time on the art that ive barely started making the game, and i dont have an artistic bone in my body... But its forced me to try to learn :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalamar_Sinn