RCXDan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
    Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
    The contest ends on the 20th of the month, right? Too bad I don't have a good idea to start with, so I'm out already. :kaophew:

Oh well, at least I'll have fun playing peoples' games. :LZScheeze:
    Interesting concept for story-driven RPGs: a chapter select function you unlock upon beating the game.

You get to pick what part of the game you want to replay (the start, mid-game, etc.) with the bare minimum needed to progress for whatever point you choose. :LZScheeze:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You can do this in mostly puzzle or stage-based games where the grinding required is either minimal or none at all. But for RPG with character progression, I'm not sure how. Because the character progression is part of the fun other than the story itself imo.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Nier: Automata does something like this and it is great. It is actually with the same save file. It is basically New Game+ but you can select anywhere to start from. And at any time you can open the chapter menu and jump to the start of any other chapter. And you just keep all your progression.
    • Love
    Reactions: RCXDan
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    That's gonna interesting if there's different outcome from that chapter which can also change ending/fate other character, perhaps?
    Oooh, I really like the new Dark theme! The old one wasn't bad but this one is definitely slicker.

Thank goodness the edit bar came back... and apparently there's a new table function too. That'll be fun to play with.
    Do you ever wonder how you got here? Like the circumstances that got you to where you are?

I like to ponder stuff like this a lot.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I sometimes wonder, and then I remember - I had little control over the circumstances that brought me to where I am. The parts that I could control, I can look back and be proud of how far I've come. I am me, and I wouldn't change that for the world.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    the tough part is when you realize "Yes, that's exactly how I got here..... and it wasn't even my fault."
    Quexp
    Quexp
    No but I sometimes wonder why I'm still here (as in lack of purpose).
    This profile banner thing is great! Not sure on the size needed, but it's still a nice feature.

Made mine nice and edgy because I'm still 15 at heart.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    ...is that...JTHM...stuff...I see??
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    @TheGentlemanLoser JHTM? I dunno what that is, but I sure can tell you that my banner is from Madoka Magica.
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    bears a strong resemblance to some characters from Johnny The Homicidal Maniac.
    Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I thought it would be cool to make a game featuring different members of the forum (not without anyone's permission though) but I'm still practicing/learning so it would be a long time before I got to anything like that.

I really like the idea of mixing games together! I know Nintendo did some of that with theirs (first instance I can think of is Donkey Kong character in Super Mario Bros.).
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    I would LOVE to be part of something like this. I love when people things and factions show up in dimensions where they don't belong!
    richter_h
    richter_h
    Already done that. Still doing it. Will do it some time later.
    While we're at it, might as well check Chessmaster's Challenge for the execution of such idea.
    Man I sure would love it if my memory didn't blank out and I completely forget what it was I wanted to look up.
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Riazey
    Riazey
    :kaoblush: Or like you open a tab and have a minor side thought and get distracted and 5 minutes later realize you didn't look up whatever it was.
    New Game Plus from an NPC's perspective must be wild, especially if they let you keep end-game weapons and armor.

* Guild leader: "Alright, send em i--"

* [Protagonist walks in wielding a world class sword and is in a giant, overdecorated suit of armor that nearly blinds from how shiny it is]

* Guild leader: ("Who the **** is this new guy?")
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I really like the idea of a NG+ from the perspective of an NPC, or even a party member! That would be pretty damn cool.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Just like what Snake says in a MGS3 NG+ "Don't get worked up over details." when he got questioned about NG+ gear. :kaopride:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Especially if NG+ doesn't change the dialogue or quests in any way. Your protag, decked out in all the best gear, and lugging around a sack ooverflowing with gold, asks the local guild for work to earn a bit of cash so he can pay off his debts. lol. The guild master might think the protag is just being a troll.
    Slimes are starter enemies until you watch something like the Blob.

Then you realize that if they really felt like it they'd just swallow everything you throw at them that isn't magic. Swords cutting them? Nah. Shooting them? They'd eat the bullets or they go right through, and so on.

... watch me do something with this.
    Reactions: spec3 and KakonComp
    Sigony
    Sigony
    Well, they eat everything, but yes, it happens that some firstly eat intelligence-ups, allowing them to pick and choose which potions they drink. If we don’t have slime poison in store, then we might have a repeat of the great splooge of ‘69
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    I try to forget '69.
    spec3
    spec3
    We've finally moved into our new house! We had to drag heavy-ass furniture up a flight of stairs, but everything is here! :kaopride:
    Quexp
    Quexp
    It took me about a year to finally get settled in. Not having kids, the spare room became the storage room. Some people have a "junk drawer"; I had a "junk room". Haha! Anyways, congratulations on the move and enjoy tonight's pizza. ;)
    Crazy idea: lawnmower/weed whackers as a weapon type.

Specifically the ones that are spinning axes on sticks.
    Reactions: palatkorn
    Dororo
    Dororo
    There's a japanese martial art that teach how to kill people with common objects like paper, flowers, stockings.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    A weed whacker made of axes? You mean a chainsaw?
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    Well, considering there are already people using carrots as a weapon 20 years ago..
    Weird question but: do you guys get more frustrated at mediocre games over ones that are outright bad?

Especially if the mediocre game has hints of greatness but it squanders 90% of it?
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Due the amount of indie and free games and emulation and markteplaces and other stuff I can/must do daily, mediocre == bad. I mean, I don't feel cheated by both, I simply let them flow away.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Yeah, actually. A bad game may irritate me to a great degree, but when I play something that has these flashes of brilliance, but buries it beneath absolute poop, I really get frustrated.
    • Love
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    I rarely pick up mediocre/bad games but the defining difference between a mediocre game and a bad one for me is basically complaining about frustration vs. dropping & uninstalling.
    Tooth please stop aching I wish to live with a little less stress :kaoeh:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sounds like you need to make an appointment with Dr Pliers to have that troublesome tooth ripped right out. :p

In all seriousness, toothache sucks. It's that special kind of pain that makes you irritable, and prevents you from really focusing on anything else.
    • Haha
    Elliott404
    Elliott404
    If the pain last longer than 10 mins, then it sounds like a nerve issue to your tooth.
    And you have to set an appointment to your dentist ASAP
    • Wow
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velocistar