Recent content by RCXDan

1. RCXDan

It's a fun writing exercise. Tbh I'd write a super cliche story just to yank the rug out from...

It's a fun writing exercise. Tbh I'd write a super cliche story just to yank the rug out from under the player with some crazy revelation that changes the story.
  2. RCXDan

... I'll be honest @Sigony I'm pretty sure you can make any kind of suffering work as long as...

... I'll be honest @Sigony I'm pretty sure you can make any kind of suffering work as long as it's followed up with some kind of good payoff. If its just suffering with no relief or a hint that things will eventually end well then that just tends to invoke Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy.
  3. RCXDan

I'd much rather classify my games based on what you can expect from them, aka. Action-adventure...

I'd much rather classify my games based on what you can expect from them, aka. Action-adventure RPGs. "Retro RPG" tends to imply you're also adopting the flaws that came with older games as a form of tradition which I don't like. Modern times call for modern solutions.
  4. RCXDan

It's a lil heart alien witch fella. :kaothx:

It's a lil heart alien witch fella. :kaothx:
  5. RCXDan

KK

Short answer: No. Long answer: I would make the effort to find free music or at best hire a composer if you can handle the cost. Using assets you don't own for a publically accessible game is a serious no-no even if it's free, so you're much better off replacing everything with free assets.
  6. RCXDan

Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from? :LZSproud:

Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from? :LZSproud:
  7. RCXDan

That is an extremely high bar. Now you've got me interested.

That is an extremely high bar. Now you've got me interested.
  8. RCXDan

Need a quest idea? Here!

This will be very useful because my memory and inspiration tends to waver. Bookmarked.
  9. RCXDan

[MEDIA] God the Ace Combat series is full of amazing music.

God the Ace Combat series is full of amazing music.
  10. RCXDan

200%. Every time someone's given me criticism on my games it's helped me a lot, even if it...

200%. Every time someone's given me criticism on my games it's helped me a lot, even if it spikes my anxiety every time.
  11. RCXDan

Goodbye old friend. You were fun to break the game with.

Goodbye old friend. You were fun to break the game with.
  12. RCXDan

RMMV The Heart's Fallacy

Aurora? Heart? Interactive narrative? Gee sounds familiar. :3 Ok ok I'll be serious and say this sounds pretty cool. I'll be playing it when I can.
  13. RCXDan

what kind of titles makes you give games a chance?

A good title needs to be a combination of three aspects: * Visually appealing * Indicative of the actual product * Original @Synrec made a good point regarding how a title logo should look and how the actual look of your game should reflect it. When I say indicative, I mean what happens in...
  14. RCXDan

RMVXA One Slice Hero + Isekai Ideas

Technically the aesthetic was never new. It's in the opening post. That said, thank you. :) Hmm. I don't want to spoil too much but the basic idea is that his past life was... a higher being than most. He was reincarnated to mortal form, but still kept at least some of his power. Hence the...
  15. RCXDan

RMVXA One Slice Hero + Isekai Ideas

I needed that laugh. And thanks for checking out the thread. :LZSproud: The new title is God Blade Hero since it's both snappier and isn't an almost ripoff from One Punch Man. Also because it has Gameboy color aesthetics, its like... God Blade (Game Boy :kaopride:) It's not the sword, it's...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469