Recent content by RCXDan

1. RCXDan

Enemy flash when hit with weakness

I actually still had the "miss" pop-up not showing up, and that was bothering me a lot. So I instead chose to go crazy: I chopped up Yanfly Ace Engine and @Trihan's script into two halves each, placed them like this: * Yanfly Ace Battle Engine (1/2) * Trihan's Script (1/2) * Yanfly Ace Battle...
  2. RCXDan

@Trihan @Roninator2 Both of you, thank you so much! It works now! :kaojoy: Edit: Uh-oh. It doesn't seem to play sound effects when you yourself get hit with a weakness or resisted attack... or show the text that an attack missed.
  3. RCXDan

I did that, but unfortunately the script itself seems to not work when it's above Ace Battle Engine. :( Oh well, it was worth a shot. :)
  4. RCXDan

Thanks so much for responding, @Trihan! Unfortunately I caught a quite... embarassing bug: It seems like the script doesn't play nice with Ace Battle Engine's core script, since the numbers and pop-ups refused to go away when the turn ended. Aside from that, the script you made is perfectly...
  5. RCXDan

Couldn't be any closer to the truth if you tried. Algebra sucks.

Couldn't be any closer to the truth if you tried. Algebra sucks.
  6. RCXDan

(Singular bump just to revive the thread because I'm still interested in the function.)
  7. RCXDan

So a feature I quite enjoy in some games is when the enemies visibly react to getting hit by the element they're weak to. I'm looking for a simple script that has it so an enemy shakes and flashes red if hit by an element weakness (or blue if hit by something they resist). I don't know how...
  8. RCXDan

Kinda yeah. But idk, I found it entertaining.

Kinda yeah. But idk, I found it entertaining.
  9. RCXDan

Dynamic music system?

Dynamic music system?
  10. RCXDan

Unique weapons for magic users.

I have scythes as a magic weapon because... well, they're more useful as a symbolic weapon than something you actually swing around. Like they're very impractical if you try to use them as a sword, so I retooled them into magic conducting weapons. Playing / tarot cards are another neat idea for...
  11. RCXDan

100% depends on execution. If you give people a reason to care why the Dark Lord shouldn't be...

100% depends on execution. If you give people a reason to care why the Dark Lord shouldn't be let out for example. Like say the immediate area around his prison is a place that is built up for most of the story and has characters with lives like the main heroes... especially if you went out of...
  12. RCXDan

I... love to make fun of them if that helps. :D

I... love to make fun of them if that helps. :D
  13. RCXDan

Dynamic difficulty based on player performance

I know everyone's talking about difficulty sliders, but fundamentally for me... For action games I'd rather not have the game activate easy mode if I perform poorly. It'd be pretty stupid since it's my fault for not [insert relevant comment]. For RPGs I feel having enemies that level up with...
  14. RCXDan

Limitation breeds creativity as they always say. I've always found it more thrilling to have my...

Limitation breeds creativity as they always say. I've always found it more thrilling to have my own workaround even if it's cruder and more rudimentary. Working in the scope of what you have can lead to some amazing results if you just apply yourself.
  15. RCXDan

Acceptable.

Acceptable.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Character sprites are difficult to create so I decided to get/buy some. Got the Pixel Champions from Alexdraws. But It had no walking animation :/ But redid the free ones from the Mighty Pack <3 Turned out pretty good imo.Calistra.PNG
Tempted to come up with a unique spell naming system....But ''Fire Magic'' and ''Fire,Fira,Firaga'' are so easily recognizable :p
Yesterday I discovered that I can copy/paste multiple commands by holding shift. I tried this when I started developing holding ctrl and when it didn't work I just copied every single command one by one. For two years.

I am in heaven now.
All right, so lesson learned. No more complicated battle systems for me.
Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsCloxdy