Recent content by RCXDan

1. RCXDan

No Travel Game Jam

I am fascinated. Might be just the thing to kick me out of a writers block, too.
  2. RCXDan

Large NPC Collision

I tested it out and it works 75% how I wanted. (I used Hudell's script first) The 25% that doesn't work is that even though the hitboxes are larger even when they're mobile and that player/event touch works (this by itself makes amazing eventing potential), the ABS tools don't seem to connect...
  3. RCXDan

Large NPC Collision

As the title says. Is there a script somewhere for VX Ace (I know there's one for MV) where you can customize the tile size of NPCs on the overworld? This is useful for me because I'm using Falcao's Pearl ABS system and I plan to have big boss monsters on the overworld.
  4. RCXDan

RMVXA How do you create a magic system that both works mechanically well and conceptually well within the game world?

I'd just keep it with something simple and flexible, but I'm just gonna echo what everyone is saying and make what works mechanically before you go into any lore stuff. For example, everything in my game uses soul power. Boom, that's all the explanation you need. I can see it being an issue...
  5. RCXDan

More talk about bosses

Had to catch this thread despite only being on my phone at the moment. Either way I have quite a few thoughts in terms of bosses: Boss Rushes: I'm mixed on this one cause like, if done well it can be a sign of how far your characters have grown since they last fought these bosses. If done wrong...
  6. RCXDan

Disgaea 5 or making my game... got me in a real hard place here, Universe.

Disgaea 5 or making my game... got me in a real hard place here, Universe.
  7. RCXDan

Honestly it would be to make something that can stay as evergreen as possible, with something...

Honestly it would be to make something that can stay as evergreen as possible, with something that keeps people coming back to analyze the story or just replay the game over and over due to the sheer amount of tools to work with.
  8. RCXDan

Sound design does a lot of heavy lifting for me enjoying games, if I have to be honest. The...

Sound design does a lot of heavy lifting for me enjoying games, if I have to be honest. The Undersea Palace in Chrono Trigger would be a lot less interesting if the music didn't keep playing through the fights, for one.
  9. RCXDan

RMVXA The Dark Heart | [Demo Available]

March update now that I've had some time to breathe from college: Plot - * Spoilers. * But in all seriousness I work on the story and world daily to enhance the experience. Probably to the extent where I'd be a little better off working in the editor :rswt * I have been thinking of revising...
  10. RCXDan

Attack an enemy, get a reaction

So, a thing I've been thinking about is having enemies react to normal or even special attacks like in Chrono Trigger. Like, is there a method where "X enemy is hit with [player attack], forcing them to react" either through conditional branches or scripts? Ex. Boss is in a defending stance...
  11. RCXDan

@Black Pagan I'm not talking about what games you would play, I'm talking about how you'd tackle...

@Black Pagan I'm not talking about what games you would play, I'm talking about how you'd tackle the process of making one. I always make sure the gameplay loop is dynamic and interesting, cause you could have an amazing story but lose me with a game that never spices itself up. I'm mainly...
  12. RCXDan

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game...

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct. Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good...
  13. RCXDan

[MEDIA] like this?

like this?
  14. RCXDan

... I was thinking of making a game themed around the Oracle of Seasons/Ages GBC artstyle. Glad...

... I was thinking of making a game themed around the Oracle of Seasons/Ages GBC artstyle. Glad to know I'm not the only person who wants this retro aesthetic.
  15. RCXDan

How did you get this picture of me? : O

How did you get this picture of me? : O

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p0nah