RCXGaming
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• hjyI4gQ.png

Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This tracks the current amount of items needed to finish a quest. Once you meet the requisite, it turns into "complete" because I figured it would be a good way to tell the player they're done. Also it stops numbers from going off of the UI.
    Joyh8IP.png

Expanded on YSA Order Battlers - status effects will change the color of the border & muddy the face a bit to show the effects of status ailments on turn order.

Likewise: implemented a Delay Action move that makes you go last if you want. Doesn't cost anything, doesn't take up a turn and can be removed just as easily. You know, for combo purposes.
    Thanks to Jet's Pathfinding I've finally conquered the one thing that would have ruined my attempts at scary chases: the enemy getting stuck on the terrain and blankly staring at the player! :kaoback:

Now they actually backtrack and find the shortest path to kill you. :wub
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    I remember fighting The Butcher in Diablo...that was the only way to actually win, without over-leveling.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Nothing breaks a scary moment more then them getting can get on terrain. Monster: I am going get you.
    (Chair blocks their path)
    Player: ...Oh...
    SoftCloud
    SoftCloud
    Ahh finding solutions to terrify your player~!
    Yo! We got custom keyboard configurations working for my games!

spongebob-excited.gif

Now you can set up any kind of cursed button combination you want and the game won't poop itself. Thanks @Sixth !
    Imagine being poisoned in an RPG and that prevents you from eating food-based HP recovery items because you're literally sick to your stomach. I love overthinking mechanics in video games. :kaoluv:
    Environmental gimmicks are fun. Just the last night I came up with a poison floor that keeps increasing the damage you take if you keep stepping on the tiles, as well as a superheated room feature where even idling will not only damage you but the damage keeps doubling every few seconds if you don't get out of there or have protective suits.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sick. Especially the latter feature, which fits very well as a trap room.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I have radioactive areas in my post apocalyptic game, you have a dosimeter that shows how many mSv of radiation you gain per second. Radiation gives you mutations, is used as a source of power for mutation skills, and will also kill you if you absorb too much of it.
    Me when I feel practical: "Alright, let's incorporate this feature to help the player's overall experience. :kaothx:"

My brain, at random times: "DUDE WHAT IF WE HAD BOMBING RUN MISSIONS LIKE IN ACE COMBAT WHERE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH A GAUNTLET OF A MILLION DUDES AS PART OF THE MAIN STORY :kaosalute: "
    Everywhere I go to, everyone brings up the heat being insane. Is this an omen? :kaoswt2:
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Yes, a gradual one foretelling of a warmer climate :p
    woootbm
    woootbm
    More of a thing that was "accurately predicted by science and ignored." Omens are usually supernatural, heh.
    Recommendation of the day: Lufia - The Legend Returns for the Game Boy Color. One of the most gorgeous GBC games and an RPG that's way more robust and clever than anything I've seen on the system. There's a lot of little neat tricks and the main party gimmick encourages customization.

Also it lets you defeat "unwinnable bosses" and tackle parts of the game you're not meant to yet.
    Well I had a productive afternoon. Checked how levels affect the strength of my characters.

Essentially, Stat Bases and Stat Growths are critical in determining the viability of certain peeps and levels themselves stop mattering after a certain point. Equipment can be super useful in affecting character strength too.

I feel like I've learned where to make the unique parts of my combat shine. :kaoluv:
    Interesting concept: if an enemy WILL drop their rare item in a fight, they'll have a little sparkly next to their name & a battle log message that says they have [x] thing.

I feel this would greatly streamline the process for my fellow completionists... provided I find a script that lets me do it. :wub
    I have created a stealth system I can be proud of.

Most recent edition I put in was a feature where if you hit unaware enemies on the overworld but you're too far away from them, you don't enter combat. You know, for when you want to sneak.

If you're too strong compared to them it just nukes them outright. :kaohi:
    So I'm shocked. I didn't know parallel processing events playing with no wait frames would lag the game into oblivion. :kaoswt2:

Thank goodness I caught this in time, because that would have stumped me down the line in regards to making sure big maps don't get super slow.
    C64_Mat
    C64_Mat
    It does make a massive difference, especially if you've got several parallels running with conditional branches in each. If your computer is trying to call each event every 60th of a second, and trying to run through each event in that time before calling it again, it's going to get slow eventually. Of course, hardware dependant, but it's still a reliable way to bog down your CPU.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    @C64_Mat
    I can't believe 15 wait frames (1/4th of a second) is enough to save my computer from utter annihilation. :kaoback:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Haven't you ever heard that good things come to those who Wait?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another day, another patch. Praise be to the game make!
Okay... I'm injured and stuck in bed with a bad knee. And I'm only 24! I shouldn't be limping this badly, but my leg refuses to fully straighten and it hurts if I try to push it.
At least I have my games to work on.
RianQuenlin wrote on Iron_Brew's profile.
To elaborate on "safety" since bgillisp locked the thread, some lunatics will take reports personally and decide to harass people who file reports or otherwise complain about them. Me, I don't care but others seeing that might nope right out of discussion. Being a former mod back in the mid-2000s for some gaming forums in by BYOND days I can tell you some people go crazy.
Excitement: I've spent the last week making a little update package for VE Fog & Overlay, and finally got it working in my test environment!

Dread: Sigma fullscreen and Zeus's map effects are screaming at me when I add them into the mix.
ScreenShot_8_7_2022_0_23_50.png
Unleash the hype beam...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Introvertebrate