RCXGaming
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Black Friday steam sale is gonna siphon my wallet faster than someone can cast Stop on me.
    • Haha
    Reactions: BK-tdm and fizzly
    fizzly
    fizzly
    *casts stop spell*
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    My wallet's already been siphoned the past two months, and I have a huge backlog of games so I'm not going to get anything. Good luck though!
    The first thing I do when I come back to a project I'd left sitting on the shelf gathering dust is immediately make cool powers for everyone.

Such as a gal that has a sentient, tangible shadow that she can slip through cracks and control corpses to fight for her.
    Feeling like this:
    hkauk5V.png
    gstv87
    gstv87
    . . . . .
    stretchy?
    do you like the wibbles

(Pay no attention to this profile post, I'm exorcising a brain demon)
    Not gonna lie, the amount of options I give my characters in combat makes fighting so much fun that I actually forget that I'm meant to be playtesting and fixing bugs lmfao. :LZSlol:
    I was gonna ask for someone to help me make a "1st actor only" version of Yanfly's Class System (as only the protagonist can utilize it for lore reasons), but turns out replacing instances of @actor with $game_actors[1] was enough to make it do what I want.

I'm winning, guys.
    It's so funny whenever I come across a problem with an actor-related script that would otherwise require a ton of time and possibly enlist someone to help... only for me to go like "Why not tie the function to a state instead?"

@actor.state?(x) has literally saved my life multiple times.
    > Plays someone's game and writes a thoughtful critique
    > Learns that person hasn't been around for [x amount of time]

I need to stop being late for everything. :LZSlol:

New Battle HUD is looking clean and provides a lot more features than vanilla Ace Battle Engine.
    • Love
    Reactions: Kato-A
    Kato-A
    Kato-A
    Is it normal that I feel bad for the zombies? they look so cute.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    @Kato-A Maybe. You can pop them like candy (they have 850 HP and you casually do 1200) and they weren't brought back of their own will.
    I'm getting increasingly fascinated by the prospect of converting my work from VX Ace to MV, if only to see how it pans out.

I've already accumulated a list of replacement scripts / know how to build my games by now, so depending on what my impression winds up being, this could be huge.

Edit: Read below
    I've always fought with removing the time sensitive nature of missable quests so 100% completion would be feasible without having to replay the game if you mess up.

But then I figured "why not temporarily set the player back in time to when those quests would have been available while having the game act like you've always finished those things" since time is nonlinear in video games anyway.
    Nenen
    Nenen
    Interesting idea.
    Sounds like something that could be fun in it's own right.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    There's many solutions to helping the player be able to get 100% without worrying about missables, but this is probably the most creative.
    Reactions: Nenen
    TheAM-Dol
    TheAM-Dol
    I've thought about this too. My game theoretically has a few secret missable events, but the plan is that the player can go to the inn to rest and "dream" about those segments, allowing players a chance to find those secrets.
    • Love
    Reactions: Nenen
    mli9mWK.png

WjgmF7O.png

Experimented with different flame colors for mood lighting.
    Reactions: TheAM-Dol
    TheAM-Dol
    TheAM-Dol
    Somewhat inspired my redesign of my world mob encounter sprites - added subtle glow and some visual effects.
    Yo I just tested a "use time stop to outrun a set of torches before they run out" puzzle and it works. I love just being able to do whatever I want in VX Ace.
    Current mood:
    DmTsmuBWwAA-LRA.jpg
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that kid had anger issues lol... his foot did damage to that car. not Aerosmith damage, but damage nonetheless.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Yeah that was me yesterday at work. I have my first concert in 2 years today, and I never sleep good after really stressful days, so it was real f****** hard to get as much sleep as I did which was barely enough. I finally got out of bed at like 2:30pm.
    Yes, hello! I want to strangle Victor's Custom Slip Rates for the nightmare it has put me through twice now.

Thought I had a handle on custom poison per person until it threw a curveball at me, but at least it's functioning the way I want now.
    > Realizes Yanfly JP Manager fundamentally does not work the way I think it does, ruining plans I had with Learn Skill Engine
    > Also realizes I can just modify Learn Skill Engine to take a completely new variable-based currency
    > *cracks knuckles* :kaosalute:

When you want something done right, you do it yourself.
    OMG I finally cooked up a system where you can face towards a specific actor in your party regardless of where they are in your set-up. This is insanely important for me regarding cutscenes.

I should make a tutorial for this, since it's one part eventing and one part a Himeworks script that controls your followers movements.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!
I released a test version of my game on itch.io. If anyone wants to check it out, here's the link (for now in Brazilian Portuguese only, sorry).

https://rafael-lobo.itch.io/insolita

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdavid