RCXGaming
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I remember a bug exterminator horror story where the guy went into a house that was covered wall-to-wall with cockroaches and the people who lived inside were non-plussed about it because it was just a Thing they dealt with.

A visual metaphor for when I do bugfixing for my games. :kaoswt2:
    I severely underestimated how good an increased resolution size would be for my games. 640x480 gives me way more space to put everything! :kaomad2:
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    I needed 800x600 to display more information in a tidy way and making UI far less cluttered, not to mention not making text-related stuff the size of an ant. One of the reasons why RGD is so groundbreaking.
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    @CraneSoft I've seen that RGD example gif where they literally do The World's timestop effect from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Honestly if any RPG Maker game I played ever did that, I'd give it an instant 10/10. :kaoback:
    Nenen
    Nenen
    And somehow I didn't even know what you guys were talking about (RGD), till I searched for it.
    Awesome stuff. Thanks for mentioning it!
    The more I experiment with Yanfly Lunatic Scripts, the closer my projects get to mimicking most of the cooler Pokemon mechanics. (Psycho Shift, Magic Bounce, etc.)

This is a good thing because I have big plans for a monster collecting game in the far future.
    I really love it when major blocks preventing me from going all out in game design get shattered.

Like finally developing a fully functioning Technical Machine system where certain characters cannot learn certain moves.

You have no idea how much that helps me.
    Interesting prospect: I could make Enemy Transform useful for "stance change" enemies that use different moves if you attack them with a move they don't like or something. Especially since HP carries over between "transformations".

I love it when ideas like these pop into my head, since it feels like I stumbled into a new world of possibilities.
    New laptop. I can finally Make Game without sacrificing my legs to my sardine can of a computer desk. :kaojoy:
    I had no idea how much letting the player see the order of who goes first in combat influences things until I tried it out with that one Yami script. I just want to thank @kirbwarrior and that dumb mechanics thread because I can see this being very useful.:kaopride:
    Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
    Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
    The contest ends on the 20th of the month, right? Too bad I don't have a good idea to start with, so I'm out already. :kaophew:

Oh well, at least I'll have fun playing peoples' games. :LZScheeze:
    Interesting concept for story-driven RPGs: a chapter select function you unlock upon beating the game.

You get to pick what part of the game you want to replay (the start, mid-game, etc.) with the bare minimum needed to progress for whatever point you choose. :LZScheeze:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    You can do this in mostly puzzle or stage-based games where the grinding required is either minimal or none at all. But for RPG with character progression, I'm not sure how. Because the character progression is part of the fun other than the story itself imo.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Nier: Automata does something like this and it is great. It is actually with the same save file. It is basically New Game+ but you can select anywhere to start from. And at any time you can open the chapter menu and jump to the start of any other chapter. And you just keep all your progression.
    Shikamon
    Shikamon
    That's gonna interesting if there's different outcome from that chapter which can also change ending/fate other character, perhaps?
    Oooh, I really like the new Dark theme! The old one wasn't bad but this one is definitely slicker.

Thank goodness the edit bar came back... and apparently there's a new table function too. That'll be fun to play with.
    Do you ever wonder how you got here? Like the circumstances that got you to where you are?

I like to ponder stuff like this a lot.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I sometimes wonder, and then I remember - I had little control over the circumstances that brought me to where I am. The parts that I could control, I can look back and be proud of how far I've come. I am me, and I wouldn't change that for the world.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    the tough part is when you realize "Yes, that's exactly how I got here..... and it wasn't even my fault."
    Quexp
    Quexp
    No but I sometimes wonder why I'm still here (as in lack of purpose).
    This profile banner thing is great! Not sure on the size needed, but it's still a nice feature.

Made mine nice and edgy because I'm still 15 at heart.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delisyabakery