Recent content by RCXGaming

1. RCXGaming

Jet & Venima's Pathfinding Blocked Path Problem

Jet and Venima's script is an incredibly powerful pathfinding script with one fatal weakness - if something gets in the way of the goal, aka. an event walking into the middle of the only one tile-long hallway in the room, the path-finding event will cease to move until the obstacle gets out of...
  2. RCXGaming

[img] Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This...

Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This tracks the current amount of items needed to finish a quest. Once you meet the requisite, it turns into "complete" because I figured it would be a good way to tell the player they're done. Also it stops...
  3. RCXGaming

[img] Made a thing that lets you know when you've reached max level. This is compatible with...

Made a thing that lets you know when you've reached max level. This is compatible with the dynamic level cap I use at different points in my games. Very shiny. :wub
  4. RCXGaming

[img] Expanded on YSA Order Battlers - status effects will change the color of the border &...

Expanded on YSA Order Battlers - status effects will change the color of the border & muddy the face a bit to show the effects of status ailments on turn order. Likewise: implemented a Delay Action move that makes you go last if you want. Doesn't cost anything, doesn't take up a turn and can be...
  5. RCXGaming

how to have an unlock system?

Sounds to me that you want something like Skul's Global Save File. It will allow you to store variables and switches throughout not only a save file but even through new game if you want.
  6. RCXGaming

[img] Made simple but incredibly important addons for Vlue's HP Bar. The shielded one in...

Made simple but incredibly important addons for Vlue's HP Bar. The shielded one in particular is using @bgillisp 's old HP barrier script. :wub
  7. RCXGaming

Ooh, now I have pathfinding while having the ability to have enemy NPCs continue their move...

Ooh, now I have pathfinding while having the ability to have enemy NPCs continue their move routes off screen. None of you are safe. :kaohi:
  8. RCXGaming

Thanks to Jet's Pathfinding I've finally conquered the one thing that would have ruined my...

Thanks to Jet's Pathfinding I've finally conquered the one thing that would have ruined my attempts at scary chases: the enemy getting stuck on the terrain and blankly staring at the player! :kaoback: Now they actually backtrack and find the shortest path to kill you. :wub
  9. RCXGaming

"Metal Slime"/"Abra" Type Enemies that flee

I love enemies like this to the point where they have their own tab in my bestiary. I dunno, as frustrating as these types of enemies tend to get, it's always rewarding to see them drop fountains of EXP or money or rare items for trying to damage check them in time. But I also think that the...
  10. RCXGaming

@TheAM-Dol funny thing, it was you bringing it up that actually made me look into it. I don't...

@TheAM-Dol funny thing, it was you bringing it up that actually made me look into it. I don't think it really clicked until I got ahold of the config script and played with WASD & mouse as confirm & deny. A few minutes changed my entire outlook on controls, tbh.
  11. RCXGaming

Yo! We got custom keyboard configurations working for my games! [IMG] Now you can set up any...

Yo! We got custom keyboard configurations working for my games! Now you can set up any kind of cursed button combination you want and the game won't poop itself. Thanks @Sixth !
  12. RCXGaming

The Perks of No Levels?

For some reason this thread got me in the mood to really interact, so I'll go in order: It should be easier, right? Primarily because removing levels in general or at least the typical stat gains forces you to build the game in other ways. A few benefits I can think of right off the bat are...
  13. RCXGaming

What was the first RPG you ever played, and what was the oldest?

My first RPG is Chrono Trigger. Was quite literally the only RPG I ever owned for ages until I went into the Playstation era. The oldest RPG I've ever played was probably Capcom's Sweet Home for the NES, which is closer to Resident Evil than Final Fantasy imo.
  14. RCXGaming

I don't think I ever really commented on how rad your game style looks. It reminds me of FFT but...

I don't think I ever really commented on how rad your game style looks. It reminds me of FFT but super-HD with taller sprites. Also snakey women :wub
  15. RCXGaming

A bit late to bring this up but I enjoyed that long "reputation" video you made for RPG Maker...

A bit late to bring this up but I enjoyed that long "reputation" video you made for RPG Maker, and that it's always nice to have a new person put their voice to the conversation. (The discourse threads here tend to get pretty crazy.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you are a fan of TRPGs like Fire Emblem, take a moment to help me by filling out this:

Camping inside a hidden cave.
LzSHByh.jpg
I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kosta