Recent content by Redeye

1. Redeye

Time Keeping in non-Earth worlds

Unless your world has a culture that speaks Latin and another that worships the Norse gods, you probably shouldn't use the gregorian calendar in a fantasy world. While renaming your fantasy calendar is far from imperative when building your world, you should at least change the names if you're...
  2. Redeye

To Durability Or Not To Durability

The thing about the Souls games is that durability is probably the most forgettable mechanic in there. Equipment in Souls degrades fairly slowly, and fully replenish upon resting at a bonfire, thus repairing your stuff is only necessary if they're outright broken, which will very rarely happen...
  3. Redeye

What makes a good Isekai game? What to avoid?

I never really understood Isekai, the only interesting concepts I've seen were the ones from SAO and Log Horizon, which raised the question "What if we could literally, physically interact with video games in a hyper-immersive VR experience?" (A question which I long to see answered irl). Other...
  4. Redeye

Bed of Chaos from Dark Souls

Bed of Chaos from Dark Souls
  5. Redeye

What are the reasons people don't want to put a credit in their games?

Yeah, it's mostly just forgetfulness (which can be solved pretty easily by just writing down your findings in a text file as you go)
  6. Redeye

I'm eating ice cream during snowy weather. dayum the rules.

I'm eating ice cream during snowy weather. dayum the rules.
  7. Redeye

If RPGs were more realistic, the main villain would try to blow up the inn while you were...

If RPGs were more realistic, the main villain would try to blow up the inn while you were asleep. *inn chime plays* *explosion noise* *game over*
  8. Redeye

The story of your first project!

My RPG making experience actually began with RM3 for the PS2. I never finished any of the projects I started with it, except for the very first, which was a total mess littered with sample data. All I remember about it is that the main character was named Ed and you fought a Balrog multiple...
  9. Redeye

Unpopular Opinions: The Thread

The Star Wars prequels are good. I'd even say they're better than the original trilogy. The only thing bad about them was some dialogue hiccups and only a small handful of characters / relationships, and that's it.
  10. Redeye

I spent a good 5 hours just making characters. Weeaboo nonsense and Characters from my story alike

I spent a good 5 hours just making characters. Weeaboo nonsense and Characters from my story alike
  11. Redeye

Your favorite RPG class?

Illusion-themed classes tend to be my favorite. They usually involve light/heavy crowd control or completely bamboozle enemy AI if programmed well.
  12. Redeye

What game are you currently Playing?

Modding Skyrim SE yet again. And the cycle goes on.
  13. Redeye

Which RPG Tropes Are You Actually Fond Of?

Ancient civilizations with advanced technology. I always loved the Dwemer Ruins from the Elder Scrolls series because of how interesting they were. But probably my favorite application of this trope is when it's presented as a plot twist rather than a casual piece of the lore. Just imagine...
  14. Redeye

You'd better not slack on those lessons, or else that owl will kidnap your family and friends!

You'd better not slack on those lessons, or else that owl will kidnap your family and friends!
  15. Redeye

Thalzon's MV Battlers

That one giant fallen angel with scythe hands in his frontview collection was always my favorite boss graphic. I'd love to see it remade for sideview one day.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...
So the four of my friends are singing a song and I'm like... ohoho I don't know this song. Better act like I do!
A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
califert