Richard John S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I just finished composing a new freebie composition,  "I Just Want to Hold You in My Arms Again..." It's an expressive solo violin based composition that focuses on love and sorrow. I will be releasing freebies every so often as well as each Rpg Maker music back I release. You can download the composition at the freebie section of my site. Feel free to use the composition in any of your game projects, but please give credit.

http://www.richardsuru.com/freebies.html
    Reactions: 2 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    It's beautiful! I love the sound of violins. Thank you for composing it. :)
    mara_vertin
    mara_vertin
    Thank you very much! Those are great. :)

Love that some of your songs are with voices. There aren't many of them out there.

Bought your Emotional Music Pack and will buy you other pack(s) as quick as I have the money.  :D
    Richard John S
    Richard John S
    Thanks, @mara_vertin, I'm glad you liked the compositions, and thank you for supporting my packs. If you like voices, there are a few tracks that contain female vocals in my upcoming pack, Love and Sorrow, more so than the Tragedy and Drama pack.

@The Stranger Thanks, bud, and no problem, glad you liked the piece as well. :)  As, I'm gradually finishing up with Emotional Dreamscape, I have already started composing for War and Heroism.
    My upcoming music pack, Love and Sorrow, has been submitted. It is an album that focuses on music for both love and sorrow based scenes. Love and Sorrow includes several emotional vocal tracks as well as expressive solo violin and solo cello tracks and passages. Below is the teaser I shared in the Love and Sorrow music pack thread.

The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Richard John S Yeah, the campaign is really short. It's divided into many short mini-stories, so you never get to know any of the characters and never really see any of the large gritty battles you'd expect to take part in. The closest it ever got to feeling like WWI was during the prologue mission and one or two missions for the tank crew mini-story. I lost interest and gave up half way through a Lawrence of Arabia mini-story.Then I tried the multiplayer for a while and found it to be far too fast paced and felt like a WWII game - tanks speeding around, everyone using automatic weapons or sniping.

Oh! There's also a mission in which you wear what amounts to power armour and wield a hefty LMG against Germans in Italy.

If you haven't already, pick up Valiant Hearts: The Great War. I became so emotionally invested in that story. It doesn't focus on glorifying war or painting one side as being good or evil, it shows you how common people were swept up in the war, forced to leave behind their families and never see them again. The gameplay is just a 2D side-scroller with some very light puzzle elements and adventure mechanics, but the story and accompanying music are just wonderful.
    Richard John S
    Richard John S
    Thanks for the details, bud. I was hoping for large based combat. I only ever saw the intro video. I'll have to check out Valiant Hearts: The Great War, I haven't heard of that one. I've been also contemplating on getting Hearts of Iron IV. It's well detailed strategic war game, very complex.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Man after my own heart. :) It's a good game. I also enjoy playing Crusader Kings II and Stellaris - though Stellaris isn't as deep as HoI or CK.

If you don't mind multiplayer games, you might consider taking a look at Verdun. It's nothing but trench warfare and mechanics which force a sort of tug of war stule gameplay over said trenches. Each side takes it in turns to either attack or defend. I enjoyed it, even though I'm not a fan of playing games online.
    Love and Sorrow Rpg Maker music pack, this is a teaser track for one of my upcoming music packs, Love and Sorrow. The music pack will focus on both a touch of love and sorrowful music themes. The album is almost completed, and then I'll be finishing up with Emotional Dreamscape.
    A video presentation of some of the compositions on my newly released Rpg Maker music pack, Tragedy and Drama. The full track list to the album includes: A Call to Arms, A Shattered Heart, Devastation, Entering the Darkness, Melody of Sorrow, Mournful Prayer, Needles in the Heart, Requiem, Siege, Tension Rising, The Winds of Change, Those Who've Perished, Torn Apart, Tragic Love, and Until We Meet Again...

More information is available here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/72501-tragedy-and-drama-music-pack-released/
    Do you want to be a sky pirate? Make your dreams come true with, Emotional Dreamscape Rpg Maker Music Pack (WIP)! I am one of the new contributors to the Rpg Maker music department, and I've been busy composing away over the last few months since my first album, Emotional, was released. I just submitted my second album yesterday. So, now I'm starting my third album, Emotional Dreamscape. The idea behind this album is to create music for emotional dream-like scenes or surreal moments. Below is a teaser track, it's a demo from the composition, Dreams that Come True. This will give you an idea on what to expect in this music pack.
    My musical asset album, Emotional, for Rpg Maker has been released today! Thanks for the warm welcome @Lunarea glad to be a part of the team!

View attachment 38076
    Reactions: 1 person
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Wohoo! Congrats. :)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Beautiful!  This is going on my to-buy list.
    Richard John S
    Richard John S
    Thanks, Shaz! Hope you enjoy the pack. This album will work well with emotional based cut-scenes.
    The Serpent of the Void... This dimensional creature from my project, Legend of Erthia: Armageddon (Might and Magic-like project), is inspired by the Gamma Gazer from Might and Magic: World of Xeen. It's existence is told through sacred scrolls found during the great devastation 1000 years ago...

View attachment 37577
    Video game music, I grew up on this stuff!!! Some of my favourite video game themes come from Zelda and Final Fantasy. When I do my compositions, a lot of the times I just like to keep it simple just like the snes and nes days, but with high quality instruments replacing the synths. I like this style of music.
    I have this urge... this strong urge to play FF6 again! :D  It's my favourite FF game of all time.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Have you tried the difficulty/rebalance hack brave new world? It's so good, it makes the game feel fresh again. :)
    Richard John S
    Richard John S
    I will have to check it out, I never heard of it before. Is Kefka much more difficult? I remember him beingsuper easy by the end of the game.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    I don't think I can link you to it due to site policies, but it shouldn't be hard to google. Actually I haven't gotten to Kefka, I got as far as the world of ruin on a much earlier version, then I got distracted by something else and haven't played it ever since, except in short spurts.

But a new version just came out that implements an esper bank. Basically, you can buy esper levels and spells with accumulated spell points instead of being forced to wear certain espers if you want this or that stat growth. That, coupled with the fact that each character can only equip certain espers  (and a thousand other little changes) make the game strategic, interesting and challenging. Even if I haven't finished it, I can't recommend it enough to any FFVI fan.
    So, after getting some more time in with MV and enjoying the experience of using some really awesome plugins such as DreamX's random properties plugin and yanfly's plugins, I have to say that MV is definitely a huge improvement. MV's ability to port to different devices is a huge perk, and man... the custom and high resolutions was so needed. Another big thing for me is the full mouse support, that was one of the main reasons why I bought MV. I want to eventually get my Ultima-inspired project, LOE: The Etheral Gate converted to MV. I'm just waiting for Pioneer Valley Games to release some more content. They are doing a good job so far! Pioneer Valley Games creates the exact graphics I need for an Ultima-like project. As of today, I have two active projects: LOE: Armageddon (Might and Magic inspired game) and Project: Genesis.
    The latest updates to my Might and Magic inspired project, Legend of Erthia: Armageddon. As a result to changes on how certain objects work, I had to redo a lot of the in-game objects and maps to work with the clone script. Ultimately, this was a good choice though because If I need to change something I don't have to change thousands of events. All in need to do is change one event and it affects the rest of the same objects (monsters, traps, treasure, etc).

- Updated a couple more maps to work with the new scripting system
    - Polished up Buccaneer Isle
    - Added more on map bestiary to work with the new scripting

View attachment 37180
    Divinity: Original Sin and Ultima VII are my favourite rpgs of all time. I'm really looking forward to Divinity: Original Sin II which is supposed to be coming near the end of 2016. Waiting just seems forever... :D

View attachment 37139
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...
People2_1 added! ( with alternative hairstyle )

Hey there fellow makers!

just looking for an excuse to post this, really... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuxRae