Recent content by Richard John S

1. Richard John S

I wasn't aware of this VST. I love SNES game music, so I'll have to look into this.

I wasn't aware of this VST. I love SNES game music, so I'll have to look into this.
  2. Richard John S

It's been a while in the making, but my music site is almost done.

It's been a while in the making, but my music site is almost done.
  3. Richard John S

More details about the music pack can be found in the Emotional: Redemption forum topic...

More details about the music pack can be found in the Emotional: Redemption forum topic: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/emotional-redemption-released.118496/
  4. Richard John S

Emotional: Redemption is now available! Below is a video showing some previews to some of the...

Emotional: Redemption is now available! Below is a video showing some previews to some of the compositions in the music pack.
  5. Richard John S

I have a new RPG Maker music pack announcement coming soon. I am really having good time...

I have a new RPG Maker music pack announcement coming soon. I am really having good time composing this one!
  6. Richard John S

Dungeon Encounters: Infinite vs. Finite number

I like both myself. Option 2 is a good option if you don't want things to get too tedious and grindy. However, an area could feel pretty empty when all of the encounters are done with. I think option 2 where encounters reset/respawn over time would be pretty cool. That way it wouldn't be too...
  7. Richard John S

@The Stranger However, this only slows down the process. Eventually, save times will grow longer...

@The Stranger However, this only slows down the process. Eventually, save times will grow longer and longer.
  8. Richard John S

@The Stranger I will still be working on the project. I can still do a lot until a 3D plugin...

@The Stranger I will still be working on the project. I can still do a lot until a 3D plugin arrives for MZ. For the meantime though, I will have to make databases as flexible as possible including giving shops their own databases instead of reading out of the main DB so that when they refresh...
  9. Richard John S

@The Stranger Try using Yanfly's Item Core with independent items on, and then add a weapon x...

@The Stranger Try using Yanfly's Item Core with independent items on, and then add a weapon x 9999, and then try again with x 50,000, and then try saving the game on both amounts.
  10. Richard John S

@The Stranger Sorry, my wording may have been bad. That's what I meant in my post. In MV, saving...

@The Stranger Sorry, my wording may have been bad. That's what I meant in my post. In MV, saving say 9,999 Items pushed into the databases. You will notice long save times. With MZ, 50,000 pushed items into the databases will still result in decent saving times. This is a huge performance...
  11. Richard John S

@The Stranger Unfortunately, no. :( My updated Might and Magic project requires the 3D plugin...

@The Stranger Unfortunately, no. :( My updated Might and Magic project requires the 3D plugin which is only available for MV. Once a 3D plugin arrives for MZ, it will be well worth porting my MM project over. Based on what I have tested, porting my own MM scripts over will be easy too since both...
  12. Richard John S

After spending some more time with MZ, I can say that it's clear that MZ is the superior engine...

After spending some more time with MZ, I can say that it's clear that MZ is the superior engine as compared to MV, and it's worth the upgrade. It may be a little shy of some really big game-changing features outside of MV, but the performance is a huge upgrade. With MZ, I can have 50,000 pushed...
  13. Richard John S

ReStaff MZ Release Celebration

Excellent work!
  14. Richard John S

I was thinking of making a script to delete items that aren't present or being used from the...

I was thinking of making a script to delete items that aren't present or being used from the databases, but then it would affect the ids of all of the items in the party. Ex: The actor has a shortword before the deletion of an unused item. The actor has a longsword after the deletion of an...
  15. Richard John S

Well, I ran into a bit of a problem with my Might and Magic inspired project. I decided to make...

Well, I ran into a bit of a problem with my Might and Magic inspired project. I decided to make my own independent item and random enchantment system from scratch. I did a test of adding 9999 random pieces of equipment to the databases, and does saving a game ever slow down. With shops...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

https://itch.io/jam/scream-jam-2020/rate/797725 Hey guys come play /rate my jam rpg maker horror game!!!!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...
People2_1 added! ( with alternative hairstyle )

Hey there fellow makers!

just looking for an excuse to post this, really... :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marikaze