Rider of Dragons
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Unemployed until further notice. Guess I can use my newfound downtime to get back to work on my project
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Ugh, that sucks man :x I hope you can get back to your job soon...
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I feel you man, I'm out of a job in 2 months as well..
    Just got home from day 3 of working at the Catonsville National Guard Armory. 12 to go before I get my free time back. I will say this: "Insanity" makes for one heck of a unit PT program.
    Does anyone remember the "Junction" system from FF8? What if something like that could be implemented in RM? Would you do it?
    The two-jobs thing is over, thank god. Just gotta finish out the semester and I'll have some breathing room to get a project off the ground. Thinking of recreating the D&D 4ed Adventure "The Slaying Stone" in VXAce for practice.
    That moment you realize you work 2 jobs just to be broke T_T
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Time to budget and reassess where all that money is going.
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    What Thal said. Gotta be smart with the dough nowadays.
    oh how I hate Eng-1020, Composition and Literature T_T
    Super Galaxy Convoy
    Super Galaxy Convoy
    I know what you mean, there is way too much writing involved. I have a research paper due tomorrow, well the rough draft of it, and the instruction says to put the file into a dropbox (I'm taking it as an online class) and I can't seem to find where the dropbox is. Just sent an email to the instructor, and hopefully she'll respond to it soon. Also, where I live Literature and Composition is called Eng-1102. (sigh)
    Rider of Dragons
    Rider of Dragons
    My Professor wants EVERY step of the writing process for every assignment. Outline, rough, rough with tutor comments (yes, we REALLY have to do that), final, and all literature journals on our readings to prepare for these essays. It's ridiculous. And I'm taking it online as well
    Super Galaxy Convoy
    Super Galaxy Convoy
    Yeah, my professor is like that too. She wants the Outline, Brainstorm, Rough Draft, Rough with corrections, Final. Not to mention that we have to turn it in through Turnitin.com to see if we actually plagiarizes. I hate that site, I understand its purpose, but it will say that you are commiting plagiarism even if you use stuff from a paper that you written a long time ago.
    Still having trouble coming up with the 'hook' for my game's story :o Curse you writer's block!
    HamPants
    HamPants
    Using a random word generator, I have come up with this for you: The (Chosen) (promises) to (carry) the (basic) (being), but is (nagged) by the (transcendentalist). Huh... not sure how helpful that might be, sorry. :(
    Link
    Link
    Note to self: Next game's hero's title shall be the Transacendentalist.
    HamPants
    HamPants
    I hope your job has Transcendental insurance!
    Finally started doing some mapping; put together a simple town map following the Ace tutorials. Learned quite a bit, actually. Hoping to get a decent quest up and running soon
    Shablo5
    Keep it up!
    Demiurge
    Demiurge
    It might look hard in the beginning (it does for everyone) but keep trying and someday you'll make one hell of a game. :)
    So my Kenshin fan-project is underway. Still trying to determine how I'm going to carry out quest-progression; I don't want to follow a tight linear story structure, so yeah.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    Do the strict story structure first, then focus on the extra stuff.
    Word of advice...NEVER work at a beach/campground :o
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I wouldn't work at a beach, but that is because I hate beaches. Campgrounds though are awesome.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Depends on what your job is there, too. One of my friends spent a summer in highschool doing cleaning for campsites. It pretty much mostly involved picking up used condoms, used tampons and candy wrappers. He doesn't like camping anymore.
    Rider of Dragons
    Rider of Dragons
    Yep; glorified groundskeeper haha! It would be fun but I burn VERY easily :o I look like a lobster and I've only worked 3 days so far
    First day of my new primary job; completely sore haha! Off to my second job to work a closing shift :)
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Wow, that's a lot of work! Make sure you rest when you get a chance. :)
    Rider of Dragons
    Rider of Dragons
    Just got home lol! 8am-midnight workday today. Reporting back at 8. This is going to be one heck of a summer :)
    So I just saw the Rurouni Kenshin trailer the other day and was wondering what y'all thought of it?
    Ronove
    Ronove
    Ooh, I forgot about this. I'm actually finding myself a bit more excited! I hope it'll be good. :D
    Kaiser
    Kaiser
    Oh god how are they gonna butcher it...I have not seen the trailer and I can guess with it being Kenshin it only begs the question. Y U NO MAKE YU YU HAKUSHO MOVIE!?
    Rider of Dragons
    Rider of Dragons
    Kaiserkami, it's Japanese made, and judging by the trailer this is going to be pretty sweet! It looks like they're covering both Jinei and the Kanryu Takeda arc :)
    Trying to figure out Modern Algebra's Quest Log Script
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    It's pretty easy to use once you're familiar with the configuration. :3
    Rider of Dragons
    Rider of Dragons
    Reading the instructions but I feel like my head's going to explode lol XD If only I could put each quest in its own script in order to call it. When I used to use RPG Toolkit 2, each quest would be in its own *.prg file. I would just have to reference the appropriate program and call the #CustomQuest() method I created. RM Scripts are still new to me lol! I miss RPGCode sometimes
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    Great script with an epic explanation on how to use it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:
I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rootcf