Rikifive
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Er my gerrrrd! Ya that battle adjuster would be perfect. I'm using a couple scripts that mess up the game's battle tester. I don't want to continuously activate then deactivate the scripts everytime I want to adjust an enemy and battle test it.
    GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Plus, the battle tester won't let me add ALL types of equipment either.
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    @GreyStone84 Now you'd be able to check the positions/sizes after moving and resizing windows and such by checking their current values:

Wondering if I should ask Hasbro for permission to happily continue the development without worrying about copyright or if it would be better to don't do anything and continue hiding in the basement...
    Blinn
    Blinn
    @Rikifive

This should give you a good idea of what's likely to happen:
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    And he's right. Personally I hate Blizzard, because they don't care about players... and are greedy in general.

But yup, that's what most likely will happen to me as well. =/
    chungsie
    chungsie
    @Rikifive there is something called creative liberties. Where if something copywritten is used in a manner not intended in the copyright, it is legally allowed... not sure how it would apply to games, it's usually something authors use from poetry or popular quotes.
    Why in the hoof my game crashes in random scripts in random places when I'm using items? That's an issue, that I can't solve, because I have no idea what is causing it... If the issue will persist, then there's no way, that I'll ever release the game, because it's a frustrating bug. Aww what went wrong? =/
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    It crashes when I'm using any item ~ from the ones with stat growth to simple HP potions...

It's completely random and it points me to random places in the scripts...

I sincerely don't know what's happening ~ it's terrifying me ~ I think I'll ask for help on that one as I'm heavily confused...

For now I'm going to sleep, because I'm tired. I'll try few things tomorrow.

Good night! ^^
    Hudell
    Hudell
    It's probably a script putting an invalid value somewhere, then anytime some other script read that value, it crashes.
    Idril
    Idril
    Make a copy of your entire project so you have a backup. Then remove all scripts in one of your copies of the project, test, and start adding scripts back one by one and playtesting after each addition. As you are doing it, make sure that you carefully follow any directions in the script headers about where to place (e.g. "under all other scripts" or stuff like that). If you get the crash directly after adding one of the scripts you will know it is that script - something in the config, or maybe an incompatibility with something else you are using. Then you can try to narrow down the potential causes from there.

A good rule of thumb is to always remember that when it comes to computers there is really nothing "random" - everything is caused by code and sometimes that code goes wrong for no apparent reason, but there is never a random unknown cause. Even random number generators use complex code to simulate randomness. There must be some cause behind anything, because there is no true random when it comes to computers and code.
    For the first time I actually needed to use 'Replace' function in the script editor. It saved me some work! ^^
    RPG's are really one of the harder genres to make. ^^
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    My overwriting was done, before this question appeared, while starting the editor. In the past it simply had overwriten your files. And it happend right in that time. :|

The very first one I started, I couldn't even upload here, because it's a hentai/horror mix, which is against the forum rules. :|  
    I will go on, with my MLP or momentary project, that I posted the prequel in the "Birthday Bash" forum here. :) (\s/)
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    I see. =/

I don't know what to do for this event ~ a sequel or a new silly minigame =P
    Gothic Lolita
    Gothic Lolita
    Same here, but I thought to stick with a little prequel to Yuri No Monogatari. Only "problem" is, that it need to stay in a rating of "E" or "PG13". So I need to cut of some stuff. :/

For a hour of gameplay, I guess there is a minigame collection needed. ;) (\s/)
    Is posting joke scripts allowed here? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    Oh I think I remember that one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mine is more useless I think, though on the other hoof it could be used for some creepypasta type games...? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Saltwater Croc - lol

This kind of status post kinda ruins my plans for my April 1st script, but whatev.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I think I did that sometime in the past...
    Finally they stopped shooting, my dog was freaking out. I was waiting only to reassure my poor dog ~ Now I can go to sleep soon. By the way: Happy New Year! :D
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Happy New Year to you too!
    Mega Man Volnutt
    Mega Man Volnutt
    Woah, I thought you meant by gun kind of shooting. Strangely, my apartment doesn't celebrate new years.
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    @Croc In my place they stopped shooting after ~30 minutes.

@Marsigne (=

@Cadh Thanks! :D

@Minun I've derp'd with a wrong term, haven't I? =P I don't celebrate by myself ~ I'm just not hyped and stuff.
    I want Garry's mod so badly! It would be incredible to play that with my siblings! (Especially Prop Hunt) :D
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    My cousin used to play that ALL THE TIME.
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    @Dalph That's nice! ~ Wish I could. ^^ (don't ask) ~ Perhaps someday.

@Cadh I bet I'd be playing this a lot too. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
    Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    Lol
    100% cloudless, 100% snow free, sunny and not even that cold day out there. (note: It's of course definitely not normal) ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
    Memories...
    DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Great memories. I still remember my first game (if you can call it that) using Rpg Maker as a teenager.
    Rikifive
    Rikifive
    I only managed to do the databasing and the first cutscene ~ then I abandoned that project, but the music really, really got stuck in my mind.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicabyrne11