Share This Page

Robin

Veteran, Male, from England

Veteran
Robin was last seen:
Jun 27, 2017
    1. Robin
      Robin
      Today, I'm working on the history of the world of Lurra and many of the important people that live there. It just seems like there's so much to do!
    2. Robin
      Robin
      I've now finished the first draft of the 18 classes of Valiance, where each of the six main characters are able switch between three exclusive classes.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Robin
        Robin
        You can easily change classes on the field. As for in battle, I'm not sure if it'll be allowed yet.

The first two classes will probably learn their skills from upgrading their weapon, which will use components found across the region of Eudora (where Valiance is set). The third class for each character will be more challenging to obtain, probably being part of an appropriate side quest.

Level is constant between classes, but each class will have its own stats and...
        Aug 3, 2012
      3. Levi
        Levi
        Sounds sweet!
        Aug 3, 2012
      4. Robin
        Robin
        Level is constant between classes, but each class will have its own stats and stat growth.*

It cut off the end.
        Aug 3, 2012
    3. Robin
      Robin
      Closer still to finishing the skillsets of the diverse classes in Valiance. Just a couple more to finish up before this first draft will be complete.
    4. Robin
      Robin
      Not too far away from finishing the first draft of the classes and skills of Valiance.Trying to avoid an overpowered party / too much overlapping in classes is the real challenge.
      1. Robin
        Robin
        For those that don't know, each character in Valiance can switch between three exclusive classes. The first two classes they gain learn skills by upgrading their weapon using components found across the region of Eudora. The third class for each character, however, will be more challenging to obtain and learn the skills of, likely involving some form of side quest.
        Jul 22, 2012
    5. Robin
      Robin
      I have this really cool (at least, I think so) non-RM idea for a TV network simulation game. Think Football Manager, but instead of a team of players, you have a network of shows. I would have no idea how to go about making such a game though.
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Like a tycoon type of game? Or more time-management casual game?
        Jul 19, 2012
      3. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        I hit enter too soon. I was going to add that I like the concept! :)
        Jul 19, 2012
      4. Robin
        Robin
        I guess like a tycoon game, but that undersells it a little, as tycoon games tend not to be very good. It would probably be mainly screens of information and statistics.

It's one of those ideas that sounds good, until I start thinking about the details, as then it falls apart.
        Jul 19, 2012
    6. Robin
      Robin
      Today, I finished a first draft of descriptions of many of the locations in Eudora (where Valiance is set). Now, I'm going to try and refine some of what I've done.
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        It's funny, sometimes it feels like refining takes longer than making the concept in the first place. XD
        Jul 5, 2012
      2. Espon
        Espon
        Refining always takes me a long time. When I think I'm done, I suddenly notice a hundred inconsistencies and errors.
        Jul 5, 2012
      3. Robin
        Robin
        Yeah, even before rewriting the descriptions, I just have too many locations.
        Jul 5, 2012
    7. Robin
      Robin
      Today, the focus has been looking at the structure of the cities of Valiance. The region the game is set in, Eudora, has seven main, diverse cities ranging from the capital of of kingdoms and empires to independent city-states.
      1. Kevvviiinnn
        Kevvviiinnn
        i feel like i'm watching the history channel
        Jun 15, 2012
    8. Robin
      Robin
      Today, my aim is to get as many skills decided upon for the 18 classes. Trying to find the right number and type of skills, where the class is useful, not too powerful, and not having so few skills that there's a better class for that character to choose, can be difficult.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Yeah that will be tough finding enough skills. It really depends on how many skills you want each character to have. From my experiences I can come up with about 150-200 different skills without having it become too repetitive or adding a bunch of useless skills.
        Jun 9, 2012
      2. Robin
        Robin
        Wow, that's a lot. My aim is for 12 skills per class (* 18) and that becomes 216. It's scary thinking about the whole number. I'm not sure how successful I'll be in avoiding repetition (e.g., similar skills that inflict a negative status effect), at least initially.
        Jun 14, 2012
    9. Robin
      Robin
      I've been making further progress with Valiance's exclusive class system. Really starting to define the specifics of the skillsets for each of the three classes/jobs available to each character.
      2. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Its in Early Project Feedback about half way down the first page. Its called Maze of the Lost. There's a demo in the first post. But basically I put 3 different classes (Fighter, Thief, Scholar) and each class has a wide variety of skills they can use to make it customizable for the player.
        Jun 6, 2012
      3. Robin
        Robin
        Ah. My approach is somewhat different. While I originally had each of the six characters represent just one class, each character will have the option of switching, eventually, between three distinct classes.

This means that I have to really ensure that all 18 (6 character x 3 classes) classes are different from one another in role / skills, whilst still being an interesting and useful class.
        Jun 6, 2012
      4. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Thats a good idea. I could see that going pretty well.
        Jun 7, 2012
    10. Robin
      Robin
      Valiance is coming along well. Really making progress with the character classes and skillsets. If anyone is interesting in contributing concept art, let me know!
  • About

First Language:
    English
    I'm Robin, I'm working on Valiance, which is in the top million game ideas ever thought of, probably.

Now that you're here, I'm selling these fine leather jackets.

Signature

Check out the Valiance thread and comment!