Romanticist
Last Activity:
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Share This Page

Romanticist

Veteran, Male

Veteran

https://tinyurl.com/s5kqpdy Very nasty response to my post & the mods let it slide! I didn't get to defend myself; the mod closed the thread Nov 28, 2019

Romanticist was last seen:
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    1. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      https://tinyurl.com/s5kqpdy Very nasty response to my post & the mods let it slide! I didn't get to defend myself; the mod closed the thread
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Such hostility. I don't appreciate this kind of behavior, RPG Maker!
        Nov 28, 2019
      3. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        Please do not use the status feed as a place to complain about a thread closure, there are methods to report posts if you believe there is a problem that are explained in the forum rules.
        Nov 28, 2019
      4. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Hmm... Why not we just talk about gamedev? Isn't that the main purpose of this forum?
        Nov 28, 2019
        Romanticist and Finnuval like this.
    2. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      Having lots of trouble making a noir/cyberpunk city map. Preexisting tiles don't cut it & I don't know where to begin making my own tileset
      1. Storyteller-Hero
        Storyteller-Hero
        I recommend Affinity Photo for an editing program. It's a one-time payment purchase at a reasonable price for low budget artists - no subscription needed. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube as well.
        Nov 24, 2019
    3. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      If RPG Maker had a "Find and Replace" text option, I'd be so happy.
      1. Shaz and mylafter like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        @Heirukichi It's not much more convenient because you're still limited to constrained text boxes and it doesn't solve the original issue of more convenient dialogue, either. Look at this mess: $game_message.add("Hello")
        While in something like Renpy you can just type:
        "Hello"
        But maybe that's not fair, because afaik in most game engines the dialogue scripting is a mess.
        Aug 25, 2019
      4. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Well I just had to vent lol, I know complaining won't get anything done. I still think a "Find and Replace" feature would be amazing though haha
        Aug 25, 2019
      5. Heirukichi
        Heirukichi
        You can bind multiple script boxes together using proper ruby knowledge and, on top of it, you can use a single string for multiple dialogues (not many are aware of it though). Even so, it is still better to press a button every 26 lines rather than pressing multiple buttons every time.
        Aug 26, 2019
    4. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      I am far too stupid to code anything. Sigh
      1. Elliott404 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Thank you, haha. Where did you start learning? And what language? If you don't mind me asking.
        Jun 14, 2019
      4. Amarok
        Amarok
        i started a course on my city, we first started with C and then switched to Javascript, currently learning Java. And imo, javascript is by far the most fun and easy to learn.
        Jun 14, 2019
        Poryg and Romanticist like this.
      5. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        @Amarok I still think Ruby and Perl are cooler than JavaScript. With how it is advancing, I do expect JavaScript will one day be able match those languages for cool syntax structure though.
        Jun 14, 2019
        Amarok likes this.
    5. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      Is there a way to set a variable to total number of ALL items in inventory? I currently have over 340 items and...
      2. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Sigh, I knew this would happen. Well, I'll respect your request but I just figure for a tiny question I'll use my status update (since I have no other use for status updates). I apologize.
        May 30, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        why not use discord for such "small" question?
        May 30, 2019
      4. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Because I don't like to use Discord. Simple as that, really. I don't understand why using my status updates for a question bothers anyone. If you don't want to interact with me, then don't. :/ But again, I won't use it for questions anymore since I was asked.
        May 30, 2019
    6. Romanticist
      Romanticist
      Is the message window supposed to disappear when the "Input Number" window shows? I'm using VX Ace but I'm sure it's the same in MV, right?
      2. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        Awesome, thanks for responding! Yeah it must be one of my scripts. I'm glad I didn't make a forum thread for this, lol
        Mar 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Inb4, you will still get the mod warn for posting this.
        Mar 29, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
      4. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        "Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you."
        Mar 29, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA