rpgLord69
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Guess I'll try to do a little bit of marketing...at least spam some tweets. Let's see if there's any benefit.
    I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
    Reactions: lianderson
    Arthran
    Arthran
    And when you consider that about 75% of RPG Maker users aren't even using MZ, and that there haven't been that many MZ games released yet, I think it's unlikely that people have actually had all that much exposure to MZ RTP music.
    rpgLord69
    rpgLord69
    Good points, I'll think about it. Guess I'll see if I can get something I like for cheap and see if that works out.
    Alador
    Alador
    Idk man if it's not the default title theme from MV then I think you'll be good lol
    Took a six week summer break from making my game, hoping some inspiration would magically strike me and I'd easily finish the last minigame and find the remaining music, but no such luck :D Guess I'll soon have to just sit down again and grind the project to the finish line. Well, at least I played a couple of good games. The Messenger was fun (when it didn't cause you rage) and currently playing World End Syndrome.
    Gunmetal_Dreams
    Gunmetal_Dreams
    Inspiration is a fickle thing, you never know WHEN it will strike or desert you, even after a while it can sometimes still be missing. May it come back to you soon
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I once took a break long enough to play ffx start to finish. Seemed to work. Sometimes we just need small breaks. And sometimes we need to just do something in the editor to get us started too.
    :kaolivid::kaodes::kaolivid:
    Trying to set bgm loop points in audacity, changing the 1/10th and 1/100th of second integers, not being able to hear which way to go.
    Reactions: Iron_Brew
    Ahuramazda
    Ahuramazda
    Man, brings back memories from about 5-6 years ago when I went in and created my own looping points... I don't think I used specifically 1/10 or 1/100 sec for it, but I did it by ear and had to listen to some of the loops dozens if not hundreds of times until it felt perfect.
    rpgLord69
    rpgLord69
    Yeah, like I said above, I just don't care anymore. I've spent 8 hours today, learning about these music things, looking for some tracks and trying to set a couple of loops :D I'll just have to try and find tracks with premade loops and if I have to use some that don't, then my players will just have to laugh at the less than 100% perfect cuts. I'll try to make them not too jarring.
    Ahuramazda
    Ahuramazda
    As long as its close it will be fine, but some of the music I've listened to had some just terrible loops put in and I had to correct them. Once you learn what you're doing though, it goes so much faster and easier with each new track you find the loop for. :D
    Typical end result of me spending 45 mins trying to make small edits to basic sprite clothing (guess I'll need to spend money on this too):
    pixel_edit.jpg
    ericv00
    ericv00
    We need a meme in the meme thread with a caption "Character concept in my head...What my character looks like"
    Avery
    Avery
    I don't wanna sound anyhow entitled, but I'd really love to see how one can spend that time on a TV sprite^^' Maybe there are some tips we could give to help you streamline the process^^
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    To be fair, I said TV + TVD lol. And part of it was combing through literally thousands of generator parts I've hoarded over the past 1.5 years. And we all know how lovely RPGM's generator part naming system is.

I'm slow and nitpicky. And, like many of us, I'm suffering the delayed effects of terribly organizing things when I first got RPGM. But I'm still open to ideas haha
    What the **** is that MZ "Cry 2" sound effect? That just sounds like someone taking a huge s*it.
    The amount of hours you have to put in this hobby to make even <2 hour joke game is ridiculous :D I have no idea how people with full time jobs and kids are handling this. Going to get a heart attack from this. Just spent 1,5 days eventing this simple inventory for my adventure minigame, making some gimp edits and writing interactions and now I'm completely burnt out again :D

Finally set up some animated water
    Beewo
    Beewo
    hot damn thats a pretty map with some lovely water
    JamieSabriel
    JamieSabriel
    Holy moly, what tileset is this? It's gorgeous, well done!
    rpgLord69
    rpgLord69
    Those are Pandamaru's trees and then there are some assets from a couple of different asset creators. I'm not the one who created the map (all my game maps are made by one dude), I just set up the water here.
    Managed to write a conditional script (almost) independently for the first time. Now I feel like a JavaScript Wizard!

$gameVariables.value(162) - $gameVariables.value(170) <= 25 && $gameVariables.value(162) - $gameVariables.value(170) >= -25
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royeventcompany