Recent content by rue669

1. rue669

New RPG Maker coming soon? What do you think?

3D would be awful. It's hard to do 3D right and make it look good. It takes a lot of effort and is much more difficult to customize the assets. It's just not worth it, in my opinion. I do think an Action RPG Maker should totally be in the works! I'd go for that in a heart-beat. Personally, I...
  2. rue669

Recap Plugin

Thank you both for your help! Much appreciated! Great suggestions and advice.
  3. rue669

Recap Plugin

Hi everyone, One of the things I liked about Dragon Quest 11 was the recap feature where after you load up a save you'll get a recap of the story so far. Is there a plugin (or method) to incorporate this into RPG maker? It'd be really helpful for games that have complicated stories or...
  4. rue669

Change Enemy Element Weaknesses

Awesome. Thank you for this quick and easy answer. Much appreciated.
  5. rue669

Change Enemy Element Weaknesses

Does anyone know if there is a plugin or script command that will switch the enemy's weaknesses and strengths. Let's say an enemy is strong against all the elements except fire. But then half way through the battle, the enemy uses a skill and switches the weakness from fire to ice. Thanks in...
  6. rue669

Has Anyone Tried to Sell Their Game to Nintendo? Is there an RPG Maker Game in Nintendo's Library?

When you made as much money as To The Moon did, you can afford to give it to a company that ports games. It’s a risk, but more for unknown developers, not someone who has critical claim like To The Moon.
  7. rue669

IconSet Wizard - software for iconset creation (MV)

Great tool! Thanks @Pheonix KageDesu
  8. rue669

What type of encounters do you prefer?

I definitely prefer encounters on screen that you can see. It's not so much about maybe being able to avoid them, but I like that if I'm on a map and I've killed all the enemies I need to, I can explore without getting into a battle. That's what always drove me crazy about random encounters...
  9. rue669

Front View vs Side view

I do front view and prefer it. I’m a fan of shin Megami Tensei IV and love the art that can be shown off with a front view battle system. Its also much faster which I also like.
  10. rue669

Best Way for Organizing Writing?

I use scrivener, which I've had for years. Really helps to organize your complex stories, characters, backgrounds, etc. It does cost money, but it's a pretty small fee.
  11. rue669

What's your one favorite thing about RPG Maker Engine?

RPG Maker 2003 is my favorite engine. I love the way the sprites and tilesets look and you can make it look like a classic SNES game. It's also the engine I used to complete my first game (back in the early 2000s). I'm currently using RMMV, though. It's better supported in every way so it's the...
  12. rue669

Guardinthena's MV Resources -- Make an impression with Beehive Area Rugs

That weather worn version is gorgeous! Great job!
  13. rue669

Best time to release a game... or the worst?

I don’t know if now is the best time to release a game. I’m not buying any new games until this crisis is under control. My wife and I decided no non-essential purchasers. We’ve got a mortgage and don’t want to dip into our savings. My brother who is also a gamer is also not buying anything. I...
  14. rue669

COVID-19 a.k.a. coronavirus, let's talk about it.

Over here in Toronto we are slowly going towards lockdown. As a country, our government is taking this very seriously but as a people? Not so much. Maybe not as bad as other countries, but our prime minister is starting to lose it on us. I don’t think he wants to use more draconian means, but I...
  15. rue669

Save points: Yes or no?

Nope! You can save anywhere, like in most games these days.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGLordLight