Hey Rukiri, been following your work for a while now and I love the way your goku is turning out. If possible, Id like to talk about a project I'm working on related to DBZ. If interested, please add me on discord: Jordan#1942
I can show you some of the work there
For those who plan on doing A-RPGs with Rpg Maker MV please read this!
- Your game will lag heavily if you have more than 10 enemies on screen... I literally require 30 minimum "resolution is 21:9 720p"
- RPG Maker currently has lag issues that you can't fix with plugins or source edits to pixi (I've tried and failed, and I'm not alone here).
- Also, any special visual effects such as shaders will cause lag as well.
There's a few ways to alleviate screen lag, create a custom screen camera and cap each screen enemy count to <9, depending on your general map size it's probably best for 1 screen to be 1/4th your resolution size. Won't fit much, but will solve the issue.
Here's where my ABS currently lags.
- 3 Allies and 1 main hero all simultaneously using a projectile attack, add to the fact that 10 enemies lag the game (dipping fps from 60 down to the 30s...) add 4 projectiles or a long ranged beam attack(that's continuous) and your game is running at 38fps...
- Custom knockback when a projectile or a melee attack is used on the player/allies or enemy.
(I look for where the hero/allies or enemy hit a hitbox then send it either straight or diagonal in the opposite direction but retaining it's current facing direction)
let's all pray 1.3.3 or 4.0 fixes the lag issues at least the knockback issue.
You know what sucks about moving? Moving into a temporary place that's so small you have to give up any work that requires mouse precision...and that includes pixel art, web design, thankfully not programming, and most of all... level design!!\
I can't wait to move into a house at the end of summer!!!
In the meantime, time to look for a table to at least work on sprites and start my portfolio site!