Last Activity:
Aug 16, 2018 at 3:47 AM
Birthday:
May 8, 1989 (Age: 29)

Share This Page

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs, Male, 29, from South Dakota

Veteran

So... I can't change my avatar, keeps reverting to my current avatar regardless of size, Aug 13, 2018 at 3:48 AM

Rukiri was last seen:
Aug 16, 2018 at 3:47 AM
    1. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      So... I can't change my avatar, keeps reverting to my current avatar regardless of size,
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        There have been several posts explaining that there is a forum software issue which is being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Aug 13, 2018 at 5:05 AM
        Marsigne, Rukiri and Finnuval like this.
    2. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      I am da true wae
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        tell me da wae
        Jun 18, 2018
        Rukiri likes this.
      4. Rukiri
        Rukiri
        An Action-RPG Maker is in our future.
        Jun 18, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        da wae is gud :)
        Jun 18, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    3. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      For those who plan on doing A-RPGs with Rpg Maker MV please read this!

- Your game will lag heavily if you have more than 10 enemies on screen... I literally require 30 minimum "resolution is 21:9 720p" 

- RPG Maker currently has lag issues that you can't fix with plugins or source edits to pixi (I've tried and failed, and I'm not alone here).

- Also, any special visual effects such as shaders will cause lag as well.

There's a few ways to alleviate screen lag, create a custom screen camera and cap each screen enemy count to <9, depending on your general map size it's probably best for 1 screen to be 1/4th your resolution size.  Won't fit much, but will solve the issue.  

Here's where my ABS currently lags.

- 3 Allies and 1 main hero all simultaneously using a projectile attack, add to the fact that 10 enemies lag the game (dipping fps from 60 down to the 30s...) add 4 projectiles or a long ranged beam attack(that's continuous) and your game is running at 38fps...

- Custom knockback when a projectile or a melee attack is used on the player/allies or enemy. 

(I look for where the hero/allies or enemy hit a hitbox then send it either straight or diagonal in the opposite direction but retaining it's current facing direction)

let's all pray 1.3.3 or 4.0 fixes the lag issues at least the knockback issue.
      1. Schade likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        But have you implemented anything useful with them?
        Jun 18, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Wouldn't it be weird if I didn't? :D
        I built my whole preloading circle around them. Which by default may not sound like much, since Javascript loads resources asynchronously, but I was also dealing with encryption, so it helped me alleviate the pressure a great deal.
        Jun 18, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        The web workers have, true, a pretty limited functionality, because they can't access global variables and DOM, but I also find it useful in small tasks that I would normally repeat in game loop. For example (exaggeration) tracking values of 10 variables in my game loop would lag my game, so I offload them to a web worker. Variables reach certain height - I send message back to game loop.
        Jun 18, 2018
    4. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      Menu face 1 done... dang... got so many more to do.

Hey uh...god, I need about infinite amount of time or a time, or a clone.. yea a clone would be perrrrfect.
    5. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      You know what sucks about moving? Moving into a temporary place that's so small you have to give up any work that requires mouse precision...and that includes pixel art, web design, thankfully not programming, and most of all... level design!!\

I can't wait to move into a house at the end of summer!!!

In the meantime, time to look for a table to at least work on sprites and start my portfolio site!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Rukiri
        Rukiri
        I also have to give up FPS games as well.. I'm just a target basically.  Still ironic that I still dominate "sometimes" in CS:GO though ^O^
        Apr 7, 2016
    6. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      http://i.imgur.com/cworbLf.png

Should I make a community template?  I can't stop but go up in sprite size... just when I thought I found the perfect size...
      1. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Nice! I am working a DBZ project too. You did a nice job.
        Feb 5, 2016
    7. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      There is an unlimited supply of cloud food up here! woops... I spoke too much!
    8. Rukiri
      Rukiri
      Doing homework, the most boring time of the week!
  • About

Birthday:
    May 8, 1989 (Age: 29)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Programming, Web Development, Spriting
    ...and Anime!

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    ericksitter

Signature

Projects
    - Dragonball Hero's Spirit
    http://www.dragonball-hs.tumblr.com - Development Blog
    I am a genius!!
    [​IMG]