Recent content by Rukiri

1. Rukiri

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

Hopefully editor plugins will be real so someone can finally correct kadakowas mistake and and we can have a proper tile editor. Looks like I'll still be using tiled since kadakowa doesn't listen. I'm more interested in the programming aspect, is pixi5 fully open or a limited version? Is...
  2. Rukiri

If we're talking wishlists here is what I want. A very detailed and expansive event system, MV is worse than 2k3... Sprite animation editor Pixel/8 way movement by default C# (yes, c# is very beginner friendly) or Lua WELL DOCUMENTED CORE! MVs core documentation leaves much to be desired...
  3. Rukiri

Proper mapping would be nice, need to put to rest the vx era of mapping. Im assuming this is just mv ace/plus. Id love a built in animation system vs ordered spritesheets, particle editor would be nice as well. Also the new engine needs to be desktop first not a second class citizen to mobile.
  4. Rukiri

RMMV Naima's Melody - A Zeldalike Action Adventure Game (DEMO!)

Zelda 1 was but not LTTP and later titles. The Game Boy Zelda was various maps due to the limitations of the game boy tho.
  5. Rukiri

Have updates for MV finished?

You can upgrade Pixi manually, it's not difficult, but but dunno if the editor uses pixi "hope not" which then yea would have to wait for an update. I do remember upgrading pixi 2-3 or was it 4? But it took a lot of time to get done correctly. I do think he was referring to updates to the...
  6. Rukiri

RMMV Naima's Melody - A Zeldalike Action Adventure Game (DEMO!)

Looks really cool, Open Worlds however are essentially 1 large map. So, do you have everything spaced out in sectors and just teleport to the next sector or is it just various Maps? It does have that Zelda MC vibe tho!
  7. Rukiri

July Goals and Progress Thread

Which is why I dropped bolt, it's a learning tool but I'm just so much faster typing it... So back to C#, never intended to drop it period but just wanted something to event stuff out visually.
  8. Rukiri

July Goals and Progress Thread

Rewriting my movement code in bolt, while 1:1 with C# it does lead to large spaghetti strings... This is just setup, no collision or movement at all right now.
  9. Rukiri

June 2019 downtime incident discussion and information regarding the MV Plugin database

Yup... When RRR was acquired it died almost right away and I was active until 2014 when it kicked the bucket, yes RMN is a replacement for RRR but not as fun. It was a shame, it became what GamingW was back in 2002-2005 (I joined RRR in 2005). I'm starting to show my age...
  10. Rukiri

Is it even worth it?

Actually most indies create their own assets, Unsighted is a good example here as Tiana is the sole pixel artist and programmer and the game looks manifique!! People go into RPG Maker half assed and generally lazy, which is why most RPG Maker games look well.. bad. If you have a good story...
  11. Rukiri

Is it even worth it?

Don't let the art aspect burn you as it takes time to git gud! But, learn color pallets and contrast. My sprites are a good example for this. Now, if you're working on a 8bit style game than yea some of these look great, others that have shading... no. Use a darker outline and a color that...
  12. Rukiri

June 2019 downtime incident discussion and information regarding the MV Plugin database

I'm saddened every time someone mentions REFMAP or RPG Revolution :( I also never got over Dark Dominion closing around 2002/3 either.
  13. Rukiri

i don't eat snails

Welcome to the boards 'ma dude!
  14. Rukiri

please help game keeps crashing.

The filesystem is corrupt, if you have a backup and can edit the game I would work towards copying the data over to a FRESH project. Might take some time, but worth it.
  15. Rukiri

E3 2019

While I've been hyped for the FF7 remake ever since the PS2 rumor days, Nintendo won simply by localizing Seiken Densetsu 3. Game over, all hail Nintendo! The remake looks great to :P

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark