rux
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
    Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
    SigmaSuccour
    SigmaSuccour
    I use the HAB Scale:
    H - Hunger
    A - Abstinence
    B - Boredom
    The more deep into these 3 things you are. The easier it is for a human to focus, and stay motivated.
    In short, we work so we can eat and procreate. If you deprive your body of these things, it starts becoming active (or, motivated) so you can search for these things.
    So I now intermittent fast every day. And I stopped watching anime, or playing videogames.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I make a point of doing what I love. My seemingly endless well of drive to work on my game comes from the fact I simply enjoy what I'm doing. So there's no real struggle to find motivation. Perhaps you should focus on the aspect(s) of game design you best enjoy and once you're further in, what you've...
    Reactions: rux
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...already accomplished will motivate you to continue. :LZSwink:
    Is it weird that it takes me so long to finish the storywriting and tilesets than the actual mapping? it must be just me.
    ??????
    ??????
    That's normal I think. I normally spend way more time documenting my code (for others to use) than I do writing it. ~ Its always the little details that take longest :p
    Nova By Creative Robot
    Nova By Creative Robot
    Just make a mind map for now. No need to complete/write too much details since you only need to know what are the locations/maps needed.

The rest(details of the place) should be automatic once you start mapping.

For tilesets I usually just make do with what I have then just replace and add the tileset used later on incase I thought of something new to add/improve. Like creating the base/structure.
    Can you post your youtube link in a post?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    There is a forum called Maker Casual, where you can post your youtube channel for others to visit. And you can put it in your signature.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Just remember to use a spoiler tag if your video is in your signature. The mini YouTube player exceeds max signature size. I ran into that problem. :kaoswt:
    Someone please help me make my game.
    I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.
    rux
    rux
    I understand the consequences of waiting or having no one want to volunteer, but the obvious irony in my post was just
    to make fun of my stress of making a game.
    Also yes, I wouldn't stop my game development for someone else's, I do not except people to do so, but there are some people who aren't working on anything and are willing to work for others.
    magnaangemon01
    magnaangemon01
    If you need help with your game, I'd suggest opening an Open Recruitment thread detailing your game and what you need help with. People will give you advice but they aren't going to just volunteer blindly.
    rux
    rux
    I already did
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne