Oct 31, 2019
Birthday:
March 3
Home Page:

Share This Page

sabao

Veteran, from Tokyo

Veteran

Just picked up RMMV Trinity for Switch. Streaming for a bit for funsies. Come by if you want to check it out! ID: sabao72 Nov 17, 2018

sabao was last seen:
Oct 31, 2019
    1. sabao
      sabao
      Pre-purchase done. I'm going to stare at the thing til it drops now.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        it's dalph who put a countdown clock : D
        Oct 7, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        *laughs* Figures.
        Oct 7, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Ruby> Yeheeep, MV. Traditional 2D JRPG controls are pretty simple so I always believed they'd work pretty well on mobile. I still have my developer licenses for Android and iOS so this couldn't have come at a better time!
        Oct 7, 2015
    2. sabao
      sabao
      Game 2 of 2 for the IGMC done. Uploading! Also, a wedding in an hour. I have not slept.
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Both done. Not completely satisfied with either, but it was a good run.
        Aug 8, 2015
      3. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        What comes next after the wedding? Iran?
        Aug 8, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        (jk)
        Aug 8, 2015
    3. sabao
      sabao
      First IGMC game is live! WHOO.
      1. tearsofthenight
        tearsofthenight
        congrats dude
        Aug 8, 2015
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Congrats!
        Aug 8, 2015
    4. sabao
      sabao
      11pm. Can't leave the office. IGMC entry still compiling. Still have to upload. Still have to finish the other one. 8 hours to deadline.
      2. sabao
        sabao
        I'm probably not catching any sleep tonight because my other baby Showtime! Super Idol Galaxy still needs finishing. And I have a wedding to drive to at 6 in the morning. GOOD TIMES.
        Aug 8, 2015
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Wow you are a popular one, good luck mr double dipper =3
        Aug 8, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Stupid, more like. I started both of them, sorely underestimating how short a month is.
        Aug 8, 2015
    5. sabao
      sabao
      Just one more day. We are losing our minds. This looks great tho.
    6. sabao
      sabao
      IGMC game entry page done. Work in 2 hours. Welp.
    7. sabao
      sabao
      Both IGMC projects now posted on the GDF forum. Just a wee bit more and maybe I can post the proper entries.
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        o_O they both look pretty good. I'm surprised you could pull that in just a month!

Totem in particular got my interest. Seems pretty ambitious and love the graphic design. Added to my list 'to try out' ^^
        Aug 3, 2015
      3. sabao
        sabao
        Not without a lot of sacrifices! Totem's going to lose a lot of content we had planned out because creating the assets took far longer than planned. At best I'm expecting nothing longer than a 15 minute playthrough of one dungeon that will very likely only show a piece of an already very simple story. I'm not even sure how well we can integrate the contest's theme effectively anymore at this point, but we're at least hoping the work we put in yields us some good feedba...
        Aug 3, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        ...feedback, and maybe convince the boss a PC game is worth pursuing commercially so we can take a break from making stuff for mobile.

I've generally managed to do two at once because Totem is a studio project, so I work on it during work hours (9am-6pm, weekdays), and then Galaxy I get to work on the rest of the time. It also helps there are like, five of us working on Galaxy so we just pick up each other's slack where/when we can.
        Aug 3, 2015
    8. sabao
      sabao
      Less than a week to go. Both IGMC projects still need a whole lot of work. Gulp.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Two IGMC projects? Good luck!
        Aug 3, 2015
      2. sabao
        sabao
        I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks, but they're... coming along. I work for a studio (and by studio I mean me and a 3D artist), and they wanted to participate so I work on one game on my work hours, and then work on another with friends on my hours off.
        Aug 3, 2015
      3. sabao
        sabao
        Re: The studio bit. We're a small startup of six, but only two of us are actually involved in the IGMC. Just to clarify.
        Aug 3, 2015
    9. sabao
      sabao
      1. Robin
        Robin
        Really interesting read. It does seem concerning that Whiz Kitty was released with, not simply a late regard for monetisation, but no regard for it at all.
        Jul 29, 2015
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Things like in-app purchases are to be added, but it was being rushed so hard out of the gates that I'm afraid it cost us really good opportunities on our strong start. 2K on the first week was nothing to sneeze at, after all.
        Jul 29, 2015
    10. sabao
      sabao
      1. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        It's not loading. :(
        Jul 16, 2015
      2. ??????
        ??????
        your website failed!
        Jul 16, 2015
      3. sabao
        sabao
        Jul 16, 2015
    11. sabao
      sabao
      Today my grown ass self learned to ride a bike. In a forest trail. On a mountain.
    12. sabao
      sabao
      The artist that did the first Sword Art Online theme had a smallish concert here two days ago. I don't listen to J-Pop much nor do I speak the language, but the show was pretty entertaining!
    13. sabao
      sabao
      Ran 8km last night. At work now, body screaming for death.
      2. Artificer
        Artificer
        Is like rocky balboa training? for the IGMC 2015?
        Jun 29, 2015
      3. OM3GA-Z3RO
        OM3GA-Z3RO
        Cue the "I'm the best" theme while running up a public stairs.
        Jun 29, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        More a work/daily life requirement. Sitting in your desk 12 hours a day is horrible for your health plus you get a lot less productive if you let yourself go after a while.
        Jun 29, 2015
    14. sabao
      sabao
      Bugger, I forgot the bill for my webhost was up. Didn't get an e-mail reminder either.
      1. Seriel
        Seriel
        Surely they should send you emails about that stuff? @_@
        Jun 22, 2015
      2. sabao
        sabao
        I think I gave them an old e-mail address I lost access to and forgot to change my contact details. I sent the host a ticket to see if I can get this sorted. It currently isn't a huge problem for me since I only use it as an online portfolio and I'm not exactly looking for work at the moment anyway.
        Jun 22, 2015
      3. Seriel
        Seriel
        Ah, ok.

Good luck getting it sorted out! :)
        Jun 22, 2015
    15. sabao
      sabao
      Shenmue. Three. Looks like I'm getting a PS4.
      1. Jomarcenter
        Jomarcenter
        You should. but if you Ok with limited functionality because some of it's feature (like online gameplay) is restrictive unless if you have a PS+ subscription.
        Jun 16, 2015
      2. sabao
        sabao
        I don't really go online on my PS3 so I suppose it doesn't matter.
        Jun 16, 2015
      3. NPC
        NPC
        After that, No Man's, Last Guardian, and etc., I don't see how I can hold off ;-;
        Jun 16, 2015
    16. sabao
      sabao
      RM2k3 and the Luna Engine from Steam's flash sale. The flesh is weak.
    17. sabao
      sabao
      Long weekends are for finishing my backlog of freelance work! Erk.
    18. sabao
      sabao
      Lesson one in commercial game publishing: Customer support. I should write about this.
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Please do, even in non commercial I en devour to improve. It may help my understanding.
        Jun 7, 2015
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        ^ Do it do it do it!
        Jun 7, 2015
    19. sabao
      sabao
      My first commercial game ever just got published. Clicking reload on stats every ten minutes. Can't. Focus.
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Jun 5, 2015
      3. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        It looks adorable! Did your partner make the pole dancing bunny on your profile as well?
        Jun 5, 2015
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Thank you! Neither of us are really trained programmers so we figured with compensate with cute. And no, that one I nicked out from somewhere several years ago. Can't remember where exactly anymore.
        Jun 5, 2015
    20. sabao
      sabao
      So close to done. So close.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Keep going, don't fall at the final hurdle!
        Jun 1, 2015
      2. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        You can do eet!! :D
        Jun 1, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    March 3
    Home Page:
    http://sabao.xepher.net
    First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Former professional game designer, current arms dealer. Carly Rae Jepsen Fan.

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    sabao72

Signature

[​IMG]
    GAMES
    Done:
    Evergrow (iOS) x I Am President (iOS) x Heroes Above (iOS) x Toys, Inc. (iOS/Android) x Whiz Kitty (iOS/Android) x Glow (PC)
    Demo: Showdown! Super Idol Galaxy (PC) x Totem (PC) x Land of Heroes (iOS/Android) x Ascend (PC) x The Adventures of ManaBat! (RM2k/PC)​
    Dead: Weaponforge (iOS) x Apa Run (iOS) x Steel Hearts (RMVXA/PC)

RGSS3: Visual Novel Menu