Oct 11, 2019
Birthday:
March 3
Home Page:

Share This Page

sabao

Veteran, from Tokyo

Veteran

Just picked up RMMV Trinity for Switch. Streaming for a bit for funsies. Come by if you want to check it out! ID: sabao72 Nov 17, 2018

sabao was last seen:
Oct 11, 2019
    1. sabao
      sabao
      Two game prototypes done for work this week. Three if I finish this one by the end of the day.
    2. sabao
      sabao
      Building as many game prototypes to pitch for a project today. Fingers crossed that I at least finish one. :|
      1. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Good luck~
        Mar 21, 2015
    3. sabao
      sabao
      Two hours of work lost to a software crash. This should be nothing new and something I'm trained to prepare for, but I'm going to weep quietly in my workstation for the next five minutes.
      1. Susan
        Susan
        Cheer up. Things might even turn out even better than before. ^^
        Feb 13, 2015
        2 people like this.
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Aw man. Take yur time to mourn.

But then recover, look up and be strong. Make this next time count.

This time, be sure to save often and back up your work frequently As Susan said, usually second or third times around are even better than before. :) Be strong-- You can do it!
        Feb 13, 2015
      3. sabao
        sabao
        I think the problem is it was a little trickier to save than hitting ctrl+s, which is at this point something I do every minute. Thankfully the losses weren't major as I was working on side components that were saving themselves as I went along. It's just.. blah. Between the crash and another unrelated problem in our code that we can't seem to pin down just yet.
        Feb 13, 2015
    4. sabao
      sabao
      New art of dead things from old friends!
      1. sabao
      2. sabao
        Dec 14, 2014
    5. sabao
      sabao
      I haven't opened RM in years. Seeing the splash screen again's like greeting an old friend.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. sabao
        sabao
        One or two, maybe? I'd jumped to different tools for game making out of necessity toward the end of college, and then straight up dropped making my own games when I got my current job in a games studio that does stuff for mobile.
        Dec 14, 2014
      3. sabao
        sabao
        ... I decided to stay in for the weekend and tool around with RM again, hopefully to clear my head and remember I actually love what I'm doing.
        Dec 14, 2014
      4. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        Ahh.
        Dec 14, 2014
    6. sabao
      sabao
      2. sabao
        sabao
        @Archeia I keep three local backups and an SVN repo or work stuff these days. SH was a hard lesson in that I suppose. I managed to recover the entire project this morning actually, but only the experimental VX build and not the primary XP one that had all the high res raws. Oh well. These are still nice to look at.

@Hirei I really wish I finished this then. Now Poro and I are wee bit older and a little bit too busy to try our hands at something like this again. ;o;
        Dec 8, 2014
      3. sabao
        sabao
        @philteredkhaos More like I kept the entire laptop. I actually managed to repair it by wiping it clean seberal years back, but using Recuva to retrieve the deleted files didn't occur to me until fairly recently. Like, soon after one of my other external drives failed and I had to recover work stuff and my entire music library from it. Who says hoarding is bad, amirite?
        Dec 8, 2014
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Dec 8, 2014
    7. Cawill
      Cawill
      whatsup im pnoy too :3... i grew up in california though... my family from camarines sur lols..
      1. sabao
        sabao
        um, cool?
        Dec 29, 2013
    8. sabao
      sabao
      Ugh Day of the Doctor day. Ugh.
    9. sabao
      sabao
      Happy 50th, Whovians!
    10. sabao
      sabao
      I am so lost with RGSS3.
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Currently attempting to create a 'simple' script that pulls appropriately labeled events and uses their names to populate a list type menu. Choosing that item then triggers the event. I figured it'd be useful for stuff like world maps or text-based RPGs.
        Nov 13, 2013
      3. Nicke
        Nicke
        You could always watch some tutorials which can be found on this site. Might help! Or you might want to visit Ruby docs. :)
        Nov 13, 2013
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Looking through them at the moment! Trying to learn this without bothering too many people. Once I have it done on my end I may just post it up for critique and everyone else's use.
        Nov 13, 2013
    11. sabao
      sabao
    12. sabao
      sabao
      Illustrating music-inspired pinups. Last week was EDM. This week, mariachi. Appropriate playlist in the background all the while. Hee.
    13. sabao
      sabao
      Workshop resuscitated! Boy oh boy oh boy.
    14. sabao
      sabao
      So uh, I need to practice. I'm up for requests for character portraits/any other miscellaneous illustration/design needs!
      2. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome
        Paladin-Cleric of Awesome
        You have a page or shall I just PM you?
        Oct 22, 2013
      3. sabao
        sabao
        PM will do for now. My thread needs fixing!
        Oct 22, 2013
      4. sabao
        sabao
        Oh, and samples.

A couple logos here,

Background samples here,

Some more illustrations here!
        Oct 22, 2013
    15. sabao
      sabao
      Wacom finally stocks the latest Intuos series right after I caved and bought a Bamboo Pen & Touch. Lovely.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Maybe you're actually lucky and only needed a Bamboo tablet?
        Oct 17, 2013
      2. sabao
        sabao
        I have a previous generation Intuos at work, so I was really hoping on getting the same at home for practice, but at the time stores just didn't have any stock of Intuoses at all. It was apparently that way for several months already without any word on when anyone would get a fresh shipment again so I gave up and picked up a Bamboo. It's nice enough, but I found the Intuos's touch dial convenient, and the Bamboo's almost rubbery-feeling surface feels really awkward to draw on...
        Oct 17, 2013
      3. sabao
        sabao
        Oh well. It gets the job done.
        Oct 17, 2013
    16. sabao
      sabao
      Good news: I just landed my dream job. Bad news: I'm not exactly very good at it.
      2. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        It's important to find someone you can blame for your failures early on.
        Jul 17, 2013
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        What is it?
        Jul 17, 2013
      4. sabao
        sabao
        It's an illustrator job. I'm not bad I suppose, but definitely not better than the artist I'm supposed to replace. Wee bit of pressure on me on that regard but hell I asked for this job so I'm in no way going to back down.

I'll blame the hardware.
        Jul 17, 2013
    17. sabao
      sabao
      I always did say I wanted to learn spriting. Whelp, here we go.
      1. Νύξ
        Νύξ
        Would you like some help?
        Jul 16, 2012
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        I want to learn too.
        Dec 26, 2012
    18. sabao
      sabao
      RMW Pixel Quilt thingie done. And it only took half the bleeding day! YAY.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Still laughing at your avatar! I love it!
        Jun 30, 2012
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Yeah I think he's adorable. Still my favorite Pixar short ever.
        Jun 30, 2012
      3. Νύξ
        Νύξ
        So adorible....Anyone got a dogie bag?
        Jul 6, 2012
    19. sabao
      sabao
      Building tilesets. Eyes bleeding.
      1. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Dude your avatar makes me chuckle every time I see it. Thanks for brightening my mood.
        Jun 26, 2012
    20. sabao
      sabao
      Am I the only one here seeing everything hosted by imageshack here as 'Domain Unregistered'?
      2. sabao
        sabao
        Wait, I already have one. Doesn't help with the images I can't see though. D:
        Jun 24, 2012
      3. Archeia
        Archeia
        Yes exactly, It's so dumb I don't get it either. I just had to use a proxy to view ANY image ;_;
        Jun 24, 2012
      4. Jeneeus Guruman
        Jeneeus Guruman
        What I do is login (checked the remember me), close browser, reopen, then boom!
        Jun 24, 2012
  • About

Birthday:
    March 3
    Home Page:
    http://sabao.xepher.net
    First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Former professional game designer, current arms dealer. Carly Rae Jepsen Fan.

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    sabao72

Signature

[​IMG]
    GAMES
    Done:
    Evergrow (iOS) x I Am President (iOS) x Heroes Above (iOS) x Toys, Inc. (iOS/Android) x Whiz Kitty (iOS/Android) x Glow (PC)
    Demo: Showdown! Super Idol Galaxy (PC) x Totem (PC) x Land of Heroes (iOS/Android) x Ascend (PC) x The Adventures of ManaBat! (RM2k/PC)​
    Dead: Weaponforge (iOS) x Apa Run (iOS) x Steel Hearts (RMVXA/PC)

RGSS3: Visual Novel Menu