Recent content by Saboera

1. Saboera

Why people think Rpg maker is limited

There is some limitations to the various RPG Maker, the older ones more so than MV. More often then not, I think when we say it's limited, we are referring to the basic product you get and in that case, I would agree. You can often overcome those limitations or deal with them, but it's a...
  2. Saboera

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Very nice, I like the offbeat vibe it has, reminds me a bit of a tame version of the weird trailer for LISA. A lot of rpg maker devs should take notes here!
  3. Saboera

Would you buy a game like this? If so, what do you think it should be priced at?

It sounds conceptually interesting. However for me personally, default combat engine and RTP graphics combined together are a big turn off for any RPG maker commercial project. It would make a great IGMC game contestant or prototype worth playing but I doubt it would have enough appeal for me...
  4. Saboera

It's the encoding method you use that causes this, some methods make the gifs smaller that way but weirdly sped up. I ran into the same issue recording my gifs. Depending on your recording software, you can try changing the encoder and see what works for you in term of quality/size.
  5. Saboera

Running some tests in 720p Recorded some gifs but the quality gets destroyed when uploading to image host services. So... links to my google drive instead.
  6. Saboera

Making an engaging warrior class

Techniques, Stances, Weapon Swaps come to mind as things you could potentially explore. Technique Examples Applying oil to the weapon and then lighting it on fire. Making enemies vulnerable to further physical attacks. Stunning an enemy with a pommel strike. Disarming an enemy, reducing their...
  7. Saboera

Enforcing difficulty lock when installing from unofficial download services

No offense but what's the point of doing this in the first place? It's funny when it comes off as a joke from a really popular Triple A blockbuster game but as an indie dev, it's kind of a pointless waste of your time in my opinion. Knock yourself out if you want, but that really sounds entirely...
  8. Saboera

How to make fun "Attack"?

Removing it entirely is a consideration and probably what I would do personally. The attack command is like a relic of the old school systems, just like random encounters, there's nothing interesting about it. You could also replace it with something that replenishes resources instead or...
  9. Saboera

Been working on a game and struggling

This is a week late for this piece of advice, but it's a lesson that everybody learns at some point. Make backups frequently. I'm fairly sure we've all been there and lost large amount of work to X factor out of our control. For my own projects I now back things up on a USB key and on google...
  10. Saboera

To be honest, it was pretty hard, yes, given my very rudimentary coding skills and the fact I knew nothing of javascript when I first started. It's mostly built via some serious eventing (lots of script calls and stuff) and some basic scripting to incorporate or modify engine features that I...
  11. Saboera

Some shots of Metropolis 13. (Being made in MV) Started as an idea for last year's IGMC, a year of coding, assets production and polish later I'm about to have a playable alpha. I'll most likely start making gifs of it in 720p at some point later in the week to actually display how it looks in...
  12. Saboera

Good Examples of Episodic RPG Maker Content

Space Pilgrim is what comes to mind, seems it did pretty well commercially overall. The developer also has a few other short form games that did well if I judge by the amount of positive reviews. However there's a significant decay in buyers over the episodes it seems.
  13. Saboera

2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

That awkward moment when you realize you started your game in a blank project from a 2015 trial version of MV... Yea, had to scrap it and start over after bricking the game trying to revert scripts to default lol. Thankfully I spent more time messing around outside MV than anything else. At...
  14. Saboera

2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

I've been working on a card game RPG hybrid. So far, so good, but I still have a lot of work to do. I got the framework for the design done, but I'm still brainstorming some mechanics. I have a WIP sketch of one of the character which helps me get a feeling for the artstyle and theme (sort of...
  15. Saboera

Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Sums up my gut feeling about this haha. I will probably still try to enter but it would be disappointing to be excluded from the competitive part of it and not even have my entry judged.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...
I'm so back and forth on pre-ording MZ. I can totally wait for a better deal down the road (since I don't need the extras and waiting to see how YEP plugins turn out) but there's something about the fun in playing with "a new toy".
:rheh:
Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkyfat