Sami-Fire64
Last Activity:
Jun 15, 2018

Share This Page

Sami-Fire64

Veteran, Female

Veteran

Hanging around a bit. Looking for a project to compose for. Money troubles, umpteen times over... Jun 6, 2018

Sami-Fire64 was last seen:
Jun 15, 2018
    1. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Hanging around a bit. Looking for a project to compose for. Money troubles, umpteen times over...
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        I dont have any projects ongoing but maybe I should if there is a composer lookin to collab
        Jun 6, 2018
    2. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      In a mood. Want to mess around in VNM. I should really get off my butt and just draw my characters myself, but... -snore-
      1. fimamati likes this.
    3. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Plinking away at the opening cutscene. Will I get beyond that, or keel over when I have to map a house/village?
      1. The Mighty Palm likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        not a fan of mapping?
        Mar 26, 2018
      4. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        I kind of have no sense of scale, so I'm never sure exactly how big to make the maps or how much to load them up with. I hear too much empty space is a problem, and so I generally make my maps small to circumvent that, but then it just feels too tiny. T_T
        Mar 26, 2018
      5. Kes
        Kes
        Maybe post a couple of maps on 'Game & Map Screenshots' and get some feedback on them?
        Mar 26, 2018
    4. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Suddenly in the mood to make a small game again. If only I could actually finish something in RM...
      1. Thomas Smith and The Mighty Palm like this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Find someone you can talk about your project with. Having a friend you can gush to about the progress helps in my experience.
        Mar 24, 2018
        Thomas Smith and Sami-Fire64 like this.
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        That's a good idea! Mostly what kills my games for me is asset issues, though, not lack of inspiration (though that definitely doesn't help when everything gets gummed up in the works). I'm trying to gather my thoughts for a post in the Ideas That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread section.
        Mar 24, 2018
        starlight dream and Thomas Smith like this.
      4. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        I finished a small game made with RPG Maker. It was pretty fun, a bit difficult at times, but it was worth it. PM me if you need any help :LZSproud:
        Mar 24, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    5. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Byoooop. Thinking of looking for someone to do VNM sprites for me to play with.
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Does VNM have sprites? or am I misunderstanding
        Mar 20, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        The different character expressions in VNs are often referred to as sprites, if that helps.
        Mar 20, 2018
    6. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      But really, what is a bassline and can I eat it...
      1. Sauteed_Onion and Llareian like this.
      2. futrchamp
        futrchamp
        If it's tasty enough...I've done it
        Feb 19, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It sounds fishy but it isn't.
        Feb 19, 2018
        Sami-Fire64 and Sauteed_Onion like this.
    7. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Not dead, not dead! Just hecka busy. Got some little music dealies to present, though!
    8. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Life ate me for a bit. I should really get back to doing something around here...
    9. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I should do more music things, but I'm in a slump and having bad feels about my work. :/
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Why are you having bad feels about your work? Are you doubting its quality? :(
        Dec 5, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Don't beat yourself up about it, everyone gets them.
        Try not to pressure yourself into success and take the time to try and sort out why it's happening if you can.
        Dec 5, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Most of the time when I get into creative slumps it's because I'm self limiting myself to one goal too strictly. When I give myself permission to goof off with my creativity, fail, and do things that aren't in line with my goals, explore and have fun, I find myself able to create again. Remind yourself why you enjoy music in the first place and you'll find yourself unable to stop creating again.
        Dec 5, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    10. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Survived NaNoWriMo and won it! Time to do other things now...
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Well done :) What were you writing for NaNoWriMo?
        Dec 2, 2017
      2. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        I was trying to finish one of my novels for a particular series. How to best explain... basically, it's about magical beings who wound up in a new world, and they're trying to adjust to it the best they can. (This kind of leaves out a lot though XD)
        Dec 3, 2017
    11. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Starting the opening event of my maybe-game. Got placeholder sprites down. Maybe this will go somewhere?
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        As long as you don't give up, I'm sure you can get that maybe game into a full playable game. Just keep it small, do it to have fun learning new stuff and to create a game for you and your friends! ^^
        Nov 19, 2017
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Thank you! I'm mostly struggling with mapping and trying to figure out what fancy gameplay elements (if any) I should put in, but I'm hoping that'll come to me as I develop it more.
        Nov 20, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
    12. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Visual Novel Maker's almost out... it's so tempting, even with my bad VN history T_T
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I'm going to grab it, just to be silly with when I get some free time in a week or so.
        Nov 17, 2017
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        That's my initial plan, too. I hope to eventually have a VN that doesn't fail, but it'll be fun to play with in the meantime.
        Nov 17, 2017
      4. Kuro DCupu
        Kuro DCupu
        I'm used to RM, making vn bed time story for my little cousin. Will definitely grab this VN maker if there's something that can't be made with RM.
        Nov 17, 2017
    13. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      When I get money next, do I want to get sprites for my RPG or art for my Visual Novel? Decisions are hard.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Which one is more important to you? Go with that which you are more interested in, or have the most work done for. :)
        Nov 16, 2017
      2. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        In that case, it's neither of them XD Though I've been wanting the RPG sprites of certain characters for a while, because at least one character's sprite can be reused across games.
        Nov 16, 2017
    14. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I'm eyeballing Visual Novel Maker, but I'm trying to tell myself not to get it, because all my VNs crash and burn...
    15. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I want to update my samples, but I need to make more things that stick and are consistently good. =3=
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        So far your compositions are really good :)
        Nov 13, 2017
    16. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Suddenly, a game idea... but getting/making the assets for it will KILL me. T_T
      1. starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Oh yeah. I understand. Same problem xD
        Nov 12, 2017
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        I can't even seem to get the storyline together, and normally that's easy for me =3= come onnnn, this made sense an hour ago...
        Nov 12, 2017
        starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Relax, just write down the parts of the story you already have planned. Sooner or later the rest will appear and you'll just need to make everything fit!
        Nov 12, 2017
    17. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Not dead, just NaNo-ing.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
    18. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I'm thinking of upgrading my instruments, but to what? EastWest Composer Cloud looks like a good option... (SGM can only get me so far =3=)
      1. Stanley likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        That sounds good, but I don't see a subscription option on it. ;3; I'll have to keep it in mind for when money's less tight.
        Nov 1, 2017
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        I use NI Komplete Ultimate (currently on 11). Now that they have Symphony Essentials bundled in there I'm not as interested in also picking up EastWest. At first, I considered it because I'm such an orchestra girl, but Symphony Series is being quite nice to me!
        Nov 1, 2017
      5. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Does Komplete have any choir instruments? (Can't check right now.) Right now what's pulling me to EastWest is the choir instruments plus cost considerations. I gotta start saving up, haha...
        Nov 1, 2017
    19. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Trying to get back on the music wagon, I say with deadlines and NaNoWriMo on the horizon.
      1. starlight dream and Llareian like this.
    20. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Today is a fine day for punching Musescore and FL Studio in the face! (Lovingly. Gently. Carefully.)
      1. VideoWizard
        VideoWizard
        And we should also punch Crayson in the face. It's always a fine day for that!
        Oct 19, 2017
  • About

First Language:
    English

Signature

Sometimes I headbutt Musescore (and/or FL Studio) and music comes out! Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/sami-fire
    If you'd like something from me, check my classified page or my workshop!