Share This Page

Sami-Fire64

Veteran, Female

But really, what is a bassline and can I eat it... Feb 19, 2018 at 4:52 AM

Sami-Fire64 was last seen:
Feb 19, 2018 at 5:43 AM
    1. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      3 days left in Articy Draft trial. I don't think my game is going to be fully outlined by then. X_X
      1. Artificer and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I use LibreOffice for basic notes and what not. It's quite good. :)
        Sep 30, 2017
      4. Artificer
        Artificer
        is there a way where you could get multiple trial versions?, like giving another email or install it in another laptop? You can purchase it later.
        Sep 30, 2017
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        The trial limit pushed you to get some of your story done.^^ Even if you don't finish, you have a part of the work behind you.
        Sep 30, 2017
    2. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I've got a fire in me today, but I don't know what to use it for... Also, having story panic. I don't know what my game is doing anymore.
      1. readydotexe likes this.
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        I'm barely even past the beginning of my game, haha... somehow it's just not coming together, and I can't string the elements along and introduce them in a way that makes sense.

Yeah, I'm trying not to start anything new (though the urge to junk the game and leave game-making to the people who know what they're doing is strong). I guess all I can do is keep outlining and hope it all comes together.
        Sep 25, 2017
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        What I did when I started out was I just kept going with the first idea that came to mind. THEN after a few months of that, I looked at it, saw what worked and what didn't, and started over.

Maybe not the best idea, but it worked for me.
        Sep 25, 2017
      5. readydotexe
        readydotexe
        I undertstand, just a month ago i finally made sense of the game I'm making
        Sep 25, 2017
    3. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Seems I'm in a composition rut. Can't figure out how to continue what I start, or how to get the sounds I want.
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I currently have about 4 unfinished tracks. :/
        Sep 24, 2017
      2. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Ugggh, that's the worst feeling. I have having unfinished things lying around, especially once they pile up. X_X I finally figured out the instruments for this character's theme (seems an electric piano was the key), but now the composition itself is really disjointed and mediocre. Blahhh.
        Sep 24, 2017
    4. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I gotta kick myself to outline my story before my Articy Draft trial expires...
      1. Guiguimu and Verdelite like this.
      2. Verdelite
        Verdelite
        Do it! Do it! Do it! Gogogo~ You'll thank yourself later! :kaojoy:
        Sep 21, 2017
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        I'm working, I'm working! This program is really fun to work with. I gotta figure out what actually happens in my game though...
        Sep 21, 2017
        Verdelite and starlight dream like this.
    5. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Considering sliding some of my profits to a friend who's in financial trouble so that people can help two at once...
      1. starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Awwh. That's good of you. Don't do it because you feel you must, do it because you genuinely want to.
        Sep 20, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
    6. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Mapping anxiety! When I go to make my maps, my brain disintegrates into a pile of "does this look good, does it make sense, aaaa".
      1. umbralshadows likes this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        *Nodding*. Pretend you're looking at someone else's game map. And ask yourself... what would I change here? ;p
        Sep 19, 2017
    7. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Client got back to me, so back to freelance hell I go. Never doing anything larger than 10k on a deadline ever again...
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        The important thing is you learned from your mistakes. :)
        Sep 18, 2017
        Sami-Fire64 likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        I am puzzled at the thought that a game dev has organized their work flow so that 10k words are needed in just a couple of weeks. Given how long it takes to do the initial planning, database work etc., it seems strange that the story has been left to the last minute. And no, it's not bad form. Quality work needs time.
        Sep 18, 2017
      5. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Oh, no, this isn't for a game. This is freelance ghostwriting I'm doing, so I'm writing short novels (probably not anymore, though). I'd imagine that the work flow for freelance game writing specifically is way different.
        Sep 18, 2017
        The Stranger likes this.
    8. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I'm still so freaking giddy... >w< There's nothing like having your progress recognized by someone you respect.
      1. Verdelite
      2. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Yup, pretty much!
        Sep 17, 2017
        Verdelite likes this.
    9. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Game started, workshop posted, classified offer waiting for approval... yay, productivity!
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Like I said in your classifieds ad, I really hope it goes well for you. :)
        Sep 16, 2017
        Sami-Fire64 likes this.
    10. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I want to use RTP (MV) map tiles because it's what I'm used to, but I'm worried about people panning my game on that point.
      1. MMMm likes this.
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        That being said, find me a modern story that compares with any Suikoden title, Illusion of Gaia, FFIII, etc. The list can go on and on. Make a story worth telling, and people will be engaged. Graphics are nice, but they are meant to be the icing on the cake. :)
        Sep 16, 2017
        starlight dream and bgillisp like this.
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        @bgillisp I even went to price things out, 'cause I eventually want some custom stuff in my game. Just for custom music, I was looking at $15-$20 for a 1 minute loop of music. For a whole tileset, I was looking at a month long waiting period and $30. I mean... I dunno people who can afford custom everything. I do envy those that can make their own stuff though.
        Sep 16, 2017
      5. MMMm
        MMMm
        Make the game anyways, then release an updated version in a year with custom everything.
        Sep 16, 2017
    11. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I want to make a classified offer for my music, but I'm... worried about how that will end. X_X I need the money, but I'm nervous.
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Go for it, I believe in you! :)
        Sep 15, 2017
        Plueschkatze and Sami-Fire64 like this.
      4. Plueschkatze
        Plueschkatze
        Just give it a try! Open a shop with some examples of your work and be transparent with your clients. Send them inbetweens while you're working to get some feedback and don't be aftraid of that! It will help you improve and to make your clients happy, because they can back and forth with you to get an result they like.
        Sep 15, 2017
        Sami-Fire64 likes this.
      5. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Thank you! Actually, the funny thing is that I already make sure to send lots of WIPs to my clients when they come. I should remember to note that when I set my shop up.
        Sep 15, 2017
    12. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Having to do 5000 words in a day for a freelance assignment is why you should never procrastinate.
      1. starlight dream and futrchamp like this.
    13. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I want to make a simple game/story, but I'm worried it'll get panned because there's nothing ~original~ or ~epic~ about it.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        Sometimes simple and "clean" (as in organized) can be good rather than long, complex, and confusing or even frustrating. There are quite a good amount of games with a simple story or gameplay that is good (and popular too). Long and overly complex games can sometimes turn down players mainly due to bad gameplay/storylines.
        Sep 14, 2017
      3. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        There are quite a number of examples of bad games involving a long complex gameplay and/or story that just makes people give up without even finishing it because it's simply too messy and plain horrid (bad). Thus like @The Stranger said, all that matters is how well a story is written and also how well the gameplay itself is executed in the end.
        Sep 14, 2017
      4. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        Maybe someday, your simple game can one day turn into something viral and popular. Certainly, wish you the best of luck friend! :)
        Sep 14, 2017
        Sami-Fire64 likes this.
    14. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Hmm. Thinking of maybe opening a music workshop or something in classifieds. Should probably get re-settled first though...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Skunk
        Skunk
        AHH I dig your simplistic/honest style :)
        I follow ya! -Sacarious
        Sep 13, 2017
        Sami-Fire64 likes this.
      3. Sami-Fire64
        Sami-Fire64
        Ahh, thank you! I'm trying to work my way up to more complex things eventually, but sometimes, if it's not broke, why fix it?
        Sep 13, 2017
      4. Skunk
        Skunk
        Exactly! If you ever need/want and tips or feedback im always happy to help.
        Ive been composing and producing music for.. too long :)
        Sep 13, 2017
    15. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Now that my computer's back, I'm sitting down to try making a song again before today's writing. The question is... what kind of song?
    16. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Feeling like giving making stuff around here another go. Hopefully it won't end too poorly.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    17. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Back after a school-induced hiatus! Still probably can't work on my game though. Music only for now.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        Welcome back!
        Dec 4, 2014
    18. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I came back to my project after a hiatus and realized I have no idea how to do half the things I wanted to do. And I still have 10+ characters left to design. I don't want the project to die, but...
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        Ease in slowly :)
        Nov 9, 2014
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Were the things you wanted to do technical? Or story related?
        Nov 9, 2014
    19. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      Oh good lord. I just realized that, if I don't get at least my face icons and sprites soon, I have going to have to manually replace every. single. one. Looks like my project is on hold till I get those resources. X_X
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Here's what you do: Name the icons and facesets whatever you're going to name them. THEN, when you get your final versions, just replace the files by name. INSTANTLY fixed. How easy is that? That's how you can switch out placeholders for the final _____.
        Oct 4, 2014
      2. RainbowGrenade
        Oct 4, 2014
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Ohhhh that fat cell tho. *shiver*
        Oct 5, 2014
    20. Sami-Fire64
      Sami-Fire64
      I'm trying to make a practice composition to put some of my new ideas/concepts into action but it turns out that I have no idea what I actually want and that's making things difficult. Any tips?
  • About

First Language:
    English

Signature

Sometimes I headbutt Musescore (and/or FL Studio) and music comes out! Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/sami-fire
    If you'd like something from me, check my classified page or my workshop!