Sausage_Boi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I see a board for "Past Events", is there one for Current events? Is anything going on right now?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I think current events are normally announced in the Community Announcements board. :)
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Lol, I guess that makes sense, huh? *face palm*
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm not 100% sure if all community events happen in the Community Announcements board, though. I remember seeing a few unique boards pop up during certain events too.
    I wanted to make Parallax maps, but I have no way to show my body of work. Im stuck on Linux and can't run any version of RPG Maker.
    WHY!?!? Why is Bitcoin Payment disabled on the Humble Bundle? I am FLUSH with BTC, but no Fiat/Card/Paypal funds...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Some bundles don't support BTC. It may be up to the publisher/providers of the contents of the bundle to decide.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Yeah, I noticed that. I noticed, also, the sale is for 2 weeks, thats enough time to scrape up some dough and still buy it. (Even if I do have most of the items within.)
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Good luck in transfering/buying/acquiring the bundle on time :D
    Hey everybody! How's life? I hate to do Q & A, but...where can I share some information about a new social media platform?
    Reactions: Marquise*
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    In the off topic forums?
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I myself have some stuff to post but think the status IS the place for it since I have no idea where to go and think carefully... errr... no self-promotion, no tread linking no... awww... XD
    wheeee! What's up everyone? I am still drawing precious breath. And you? Any undead need slain? :p
    Hey! The Criminal didn't take too long to make an appearance... :(
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    What criminal? I know this is old news but I seem to miss statuses alerts!
    "Wild primates mark their territory with body excretions on nature. Domesticated primates mark territory with ink excretions on paper." -RAW
    Reactions: Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    And now... By leaving it intangible on the web they are caught on!
    Can you believe it? 3 days into office and he starts killing people.

People hated Bush (understandably. I despise him as well.) for bombing FOUR countries and conducting 50 drone strikes.

Now Obama leaves office after over 500 drone strikes (10x as many as Bush), 7 countries bombed (Nearly DOUBLE the countries Bush destroyed), AND he gets to keep the Nobel Peace Prize? HE KILLED 20 CIVILIANS IN FIRST 3 DAYS OF OFFICE! 3 days in, 2 strikes 3 hours apart, 20 civilian casualties.

What kind of world are we living in where a mass murderer gets to leave office as a "Man of Peace"?
    Hold his feet to the fire or STFUAGO!
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/26/the-year-in-drones-2016/
    Reactions: 1 person
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Hi there, we don't allow political discussion in this forums. It's against our rules for many reasons :)
    As an Agnostic, I have to ask myself: WHY did I decide to edit, update and recompile what is considered by most to be a sacred text?

#CantFixStupid
    kovak
    kovak
    Deppends on his font
    kovak
    kovak
    Not implying he doenst know a dead language 
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Also... cultural things gets lost on context and times a lot without appropriate knowledge of the days they were written.  So even non religious things keeps getting OUT of context even in our days.  And history gets rewritten from time to time by idiots.  Got some folks protesting at a descendant of "draveur" family that in order to do the "drave" conduct logs trough the rivers with a perch by walking on them and dynamiting clogs in the river, the guys had to drink alcohol... we ought to think it was forbidden... well it was forbidden also then to drink and "drave".  Fortunately the person seemed the only one (last) on hand to write about it and ask her live ancestor about it before the knowledge just got lost!  Still...  Getting drunk on a job where you van get rolled over, drowned in icy water, unreachable under heavy moving logs and blown apart by dynamite... sure lets get not fired because we can't even keep our balance on those floating spinning logs!
    harambe.png

Rest in peace, Harambe
    I am sitting here reading the back of a tube of toothpaste... They recommend calling poison control if you swallow it, because fluoride is considered a neurotoxin (poisonous to the brain)...

But go ahead and drink that glass of water, because there is more fluoride in that than your toothpaste and its now totally safe, ammaright?
    SCIENCE! https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
    Reactions: 2 people
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Fluoride in water is something that really ticks me off.  It's been proven to cause all sorts of health problems if you swallow it, and has only been proven to help with teeth when placed directly on teeth like toothpaste and that paint stuff they do at the dentist.

I'm more sensitive than most people to fluoride, it makes me quite literally ill and did a number on my stomach lining until I figured out the cause.  Trying to avoid getting any is a huge hassle and rather expensive.

*grumbles at how hypocritical the heath conscious people are*
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Oh, yeah, I swallowed mouth wash once in second grade. Not fun... I was fine, but it was scary because I thought I was going to die. :(  
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Well, no wonder why we have more and more attention deficit disorders and Alzheimer!

But I guess hey, our societies do not need brains but the money out of our pockets after washing our brains as docile produc... err customers!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    If this is true, this and clothing might now be the VERY best use of it!  And medically for those in need at well supervised dosage, this might be vital.

I mean, imagine peoples making recreational use of toothpaste and you'll know what I mean.  ;)
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Amazing. I wonder how it will affect those who have high anxiety issues.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Apparently it both might soothes them down or soothe them down toward committing suicide.  (It kinda amplify if your life is a good or bad trip on which thereafter you do not care to fly one way or the other.)

Some guy trying to sell me to the relaxing idea of it remembered the bad side of alcohol being also this way and...  err backed up!

So you know, I am naturally weird!
    Seriously, people! You've gotta stop! Stop beating yourselves up because you don't think you're the best at something. Just put your chin up and practice! Focus on you're development, not where somebody else has gotten.
    Reactions: 7 people
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    " I've found the solution is just to know I'm better than everyone else."

Fake it till you make it!
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Usually, when I'm set on improvement, I don't usually look at what peers have done, I look at what the pros have done. Because, I find that I can't really be compared to the pros because they've been doing what they do their entire life, and it's all they do.  So instead, I pick someone I like who is a master of the craft, and model off of them. Where as, if I look at my friends or something, I automatically start comparing, thinking: "how are they so much better than me? Wait, they're all so much better than me. And if everyone else is better than me, that means I'm the worst!" And then "the worst" at one thing turns into "the worst" at everything, then that escalates into "useless" and I'm depressed for the rest of the day.    
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    (About what has been going on before @HexMozart88 )

Oh oh, the return of the pendulum got the other way now slicing up the guts of wisdom!
    Some crazy folk have been drinking too much kool-aid and reading the Watchmen, because they very seriously, and with as much generosity as you can invest in something so outlandish, suggested that a fake alien invasion would be staged to delay the elections... Seriously? WHO accepts these stories as fact?
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Brrrrrrrrrr....  You know, I think some folks in the rest of the world might choke from retaining their breath all around the world!
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Considering how much criminal activity has been exposed, I am surprised its not Red Vs Green at this point. Blue shouldn't even be in the running and MAYBE Lady Justice will do what needs done.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I say it is all B-red!
    The Gulls Sole Goal is to fill the Whole Hole.

Let's Ban Banns and Plain Planes because There Their Fleas Flee.

English...what would I do without you?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    *Snaps* English is hard. But that does make a pretty good rap (even though I don't get what it's about). Better than Sonic Adventure 2 at least. 
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Woah  that exterminator...  long time no see that movie *looks at avatar*
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Yeah! I recall watching it when I was a youngin, like 9 or 10. My cousins had it on video cassette. I rediscovered it on youtube the other day so now I've been trying to find other awesome animations like it.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    No, I don't think so. She copied it from the thread at Steam, so I'm assuming *that's* the thread it's referring to. You should be able to make a topic for your game in the sub forum. This is to the best of my knowledge.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @mlogan ah, that would make sense the steam one did say that. Archiea did say something in that thread though about using it to discuss the event so I wasn't positive.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I saw it first on Steam and it was as well locked!
    Part of the internet went down to a massive DDoS. Wikileaks is becoming a real big threat! lol /sar

But seriously, lets hear from the IT experts and not politicians, who are known to be inflammatory and just flat wrong on many issues.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Heh, allegedly Wikileaks seems to think their supporters are behind it. Having sent a tweet asking "Supporters to please stop taking down the US internet."

We need a more decentralized internet, me thinks. I understand its a lot more work, but damn. Thats a big chunk of web traffic and it is not very secure vs. an army of bots all trying to load your page. I heard of one attack reaching an obscene 620 gb/s of page requests at the peak of the attack. I'm surprised they didn't rupture the ISP that provided to the server.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Well yes, all it takes for a DDoS is a lot of things sending a lot of requests. It's really a very simple concept that just requires a lot of power. You're just brute forcing the servers so they don't have the resources and time to filter out valid requests for information, as well as actually serve those connections content.

My main issue today was that DNS lookups were failing. I had to witch my DNS servers to Google's public ones because my ISP's just weren't getting any address information, and even then some sites like Twitter completely failed to get address info, but it was better than before.

The problem with everything on the web is that it was originally designed insecurely because in the beginning of computing no one really thought anyone was just that big enough of an rear end in a top hat to ruin it for everyone just for the fun of it. It was a tool meant to make communication and learning easier and possible from large distances. It was even originally intended to be limited to governments, but I don't know the story behind why it was released publicly.

But we're just now getting to the point in time where security is becoming a big part of any program, and for a lot of things it's not implemented. For example, writing an HTTPS client in 

Well yes, all it takes for a DDoS is a lot of things sending a lot of requests. It's really a very simple concept that just requires a lot of power. You're just brute forcing the servers so they don't have the resources and time to filter out valid requests for information, as well as actually serve those connections content.

My main issue today was that DNS lookups were failing. I had to witch my DNS servers to Google's public ones because my ISP's just weren't getting any address information, and even then some sites like Twitter completely failed to get address info, but it was better than before.

The problem with everything on the web is that it was originally designed insecurely because in the beginning of computing no one really thought anyone was just that big enough of an rear end in a top hat to ruin it for everyone just for the fun of it. It was a tool meant to make communication and learning easier and possible from large distances. It was even originally intended to be limited to governments, but I don't know the story behind why it was released publicly.

But we're just now getting to the point in time where security is becoming a big part of any program, and for a lot of things it's not implemented. For example, writing a web library on your own is not easy for one thing, but then needing to learn and program the math behind HTTPS? It's just not something people want to concern themselves with in a small team. There are entire college degrees that focus on security because it is, by design, not easy to do. In my opinion, that's a big reason for why security is so bad in things, it's not easy to do and companies have deadlines to get products shipped so they don't go bankrupt, and it's always been a prominent issue that rushed products are bad.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I hope we are safe from the cyber storm... Although if you follow my comparison I think the US Hornet Nest must be MAAAAAAAD~! now!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...
I've been busy working on my next music pack, and I've also been busy composing some personal compositions. Depending on the type of mood and setting, sometimes I just really love the sound of music created in lofi mono. It has its charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petsterr