Oct 20, 2019 at 2:15 AM

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
February 17

Share This Page

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind, Male, from RPG Maker Forums

Veteran

Since DND is being brought up here. Might as well shamelessly show of my WIP that handles stats simular to DND (link in reply) Sep 16, 2019

Seacliff was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Oct 20, 2019 at 2:15 AM
    1. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Apparently RPG Maker FES for the 3DS is being localized. I was hoping they would take the DS/DS+ approach and just make it a reasouce pack.
      1. alennor likes this.
      2. alennor
        alennor
        Agreed +1
        Feb 18, 2017
    2. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Yay, it's my birthday.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kogemashita
        Kogemashita
        Happy birthday man :D
        Feb 18, 2017
        Seacliff likes this.
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        Happy birthday!!!!!! ^__^
        Feb 18, 2017
        Seacliff likes this.
      4. Super121830
        Super121830
        Happy birthday, random stranger! :D
        Feb 18, 2017
        Seacliff likes this.
    3. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Professional
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    4. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      I've been replaying Final Fantasy 4 in hopes of getting over my love-hate relationship with the title.

Well, I guess my feelings for the game aren't that strong. More like a like/dislike relationship.

Regardless, it's not solving anything. It's only makes my feelings for diverse. Maybe when I finish I'll make a full post about it.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        DS or PS1. The one for the ds is more difficult and I think the story is better since they went from the ground up on recreating it. (Sigh) Why can't they do this for FF6. Can't wait to see FF7 when it releases the first episode though.
        Jan 8, 2017
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        SNES.

I would love a remake treatment for FF5/6 in the same style as 3/4. Instead we got mobile ports that look worse than the original and cost twice as much than just buying it on Nintendo's virtual console.

I hope FF7 remake is good though. The episodic nature worries me, like they had a complete game and cut it into pieces just to sell each one individually and make more off of it. But we'll see.
        Jan 9, 2017
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Money Money that is what people want. I think they could put in on a single game but they want more MONEY!

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-Fry.jpg
        Jan 9, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    5. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Nintendo NX to be revealed Tomorrow.

Freakin Finally...
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        OwwwwwwwO AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! But my wallets empty!!!!!!!
        Oct 20, 2016
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Revealed, not released, @Blue Shift. Plenty of time to fill your wallet. XD
        Oct 20, 2016
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Should be interesting; I hope there newer console if it does indeed have some sort of "gimmick" it is something that developers use to enhance their games rather than it being a tacked on feature. What made the original wii so great for nintendo is that a lot of games made the motion controls part of the game-play experience.
        Oct 20, 2016
    6. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      So less than an hour after the release of the Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo and data miners already ripped models of never before seen Pokemon from the code.

There's fast and there's lightning speed.
      1. kovak
        kovak
        And there''s Flash, the slowest man alive with motivational speech needs
        Oct 19, 2016
      2. Chaos Avian
        Chaos Avian
        It was actually crazy, 7am (UK time) my Instagram flooded with the stuff.
        Oct 19, 2016
    7. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      I swear, Paper Mario Color Splash has three writers.

The good one.

The awkward one.

And the Paper pun one.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I can't believe they put it on the WIU. Why not put it on a system that is still poplular 3dS or even on the NX coming out. :headshake:
        Oct 4, 2016
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @Hollow 1977The game's started development shortly before the Wii U launched, how were they suppose to know it would be a failure back then? :p
        Oct 4, 2016
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Did not know that. I thought it made to give the WIU one last hurrah.
        Oct 5, 2016
    8. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      If I had an old RM2k resource, and wanted help to find it's creator for the sake of crediting, where should I post the thread?
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        NM, found the creator.
        Sep 18, 2016
    9. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      What would a 2D game with a AAA budget look like?
      2. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @ArcheiaThe thought came to mind while playing Metal Slug 2 a couple days ago, actually. Seeing the amazing sprite work made me wonder what games would look like if 2D games were treated more seriously by the mainstream targeted crowd.
        Aug 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. kovak
        kovak
        Should look like Child of Light if that's your art style.
        Aug 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. AwesomeCool
        Aug 16, 2016
    10. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Quality of the movie aside, it looks like Ghostbusters 2016 flopped.

The box office shows it made $46 Million domestically with over $60 Million worldwide, which may seem impressive, but the movie had a budget of about $150 Million not counting another $100 Million for marketing.

Studios only get about half of the box office back, meaning it needs to gross double the budget before 'breaking even', and start making a profit. In this case Ghostbusters has to make $500 Million before that.

Personally, I skipped this one. I wasn't interested, even if the reviewers I followed did like it. Hope this wasn't too long for a status update.
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @ShazI agree, I can't see gender-flipping anything but a gimmick, no matter if it's male to female or female to male. It can be done well, but the entire marketing seems to be way too much focused on it. I don't care about the gender of the cast, just good characters, I've yet to see the movie (if ever) but a lot of the reviews tell me the characters are pretty one-note here. Like, we all know Hollywood is low on ideas, but with this is seems like Hollywood is also running out of gimmicks.

A good reboot should add something new to the franchise or at least try something different. Something we can at least say happened with the original Magnificent Seven (which is a remake of Seven Samurai, just with Cowboys) and Star Trek. Ghostbusters 2016 doesn't look like it's trying to add anything, it just trying to show females can be Ghostbusters... which already happened in the cartoons and comics. Outside of that it just tries to poorly rehash the original plot without trying to even outperformed it.
        Jul 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. kovak
        kovak
        Do you want empowered woman?

Type-Moon has done that before it was cool.

Does Madoka count on this?

I don't remember western stuff that did that in a good way (maybe Juno, idk)
        Jul 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Yeah I kind of knew it would tank. You can't replace the original cast. They were awesome. Some movies cannot be remade as some cartoons too. Not sure what to think of the new voltron.
        Jul 20, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      'Better than nothing' memes coming in 3... 2... 1...
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. kovak
        kovak
        i've never been curious about twitter, that's why :/
        Jun 23, 2016
      4. SLEEP
        SLEEP
        "better than nothing" was a fabrication of a translation, but hey "anime was a mistake" became a meme too and from these 2 examples i would prefer to live in Meme REality.
        Jun 23, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Just checked their Twitter - it's awesome.
        Jun 23, 2016
    12. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      You know you have been developing your game for a long time when you find dialogue in it you don't remember typing.

So far for me it's only been NPC dialogue... but still.
      1. 5 people like this.
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Even better when something you made long ago makes you laugh when you experience it while playtesting because you didn't remember about it.
        Jun 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Been watching Nintendo's E3 stream for over three hours, I think I should stop...

Breath of the Wild looks REALLY good.
      1. 3 people like this.
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Should also mention someone did the math and concluded that Breath of the Wild's world map is roughly twelve times the size of Twilight Princess. In comparison TP's world was much more bland and empty, so this is pretty exciting.
        Jun 15, 2016
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        Well, my problem with Metroid Prime 3 was simply that the game was too short and there really wasn't much at all to explore.  I mean, I beat the whole game in under 8 hours.  I even collected everything save for a few of the silly "Friend Pass" things or "you only get one shot to get this" medals.

By the time I had gotten to the end of the game, I had just gotten used to the new controls and gotten decent with using them.  If the game had just been longer and they'd done more with all the crap I'd been collecting and upgrading...

I dunno, I might've enjoyed it much more.  Then again, I really didn't like all the junk I had to do in Metroid Prime 2 either (a game where I spent more time in loading screens than playing the game).

Honestly, I'm just ready for a new sidescroller... or a new FPS version that plays like the franchise I love.  I want to explore, I want to kill big bosses, I want to use fun new items, solve cool puzzles with those items, master techniques and skills, and win the game while picking up all the expansions.

I don't care for just a shooter.  I can get that anywhere.
        Jun 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. terrorchan
        terrorchan
        I'm really excited for botw
        Jun 15, 2016
    14. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      I'm really excited for the Steins;Gate 0 localization later this year. I hopped that my future self would time leap the game data back in time to me, but alas, not in this worldline.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        I'm curious what they're planning too! 
        Like what story is it aaa

El Psy Congroo
        Jun 9, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @Archeia I slightly spoiled myself a little taking a look at the Japanese release... good thing I didn't tread too deeply though.

I mostly glad that we're getting the game in the west before the anime starts airing in Japan. I find it more fun to read the VN first.
        Jun 9, 2016
    15. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      'dem new Pokemans thou...

But hey, at least they've gotten rid of those Chibi Sprites.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @Seacliff - I hope it is extensive (not just one or two outfits).

I really really hope so.
        May 11, 2016
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Off topic but if the series falls flat. Does anyone else see Ash and Misty together. Also always wondered if they should let Ash retire and have someone new come in. Miss the original voices too.
        May 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @Hollow 1977

My opinion? Sadly, I'm more for Dawn or Serena.

That said, I never grew up with the show and I'm currently watching XYZ in Japanese (They've somehow kept the same voices for 18 years...) There's a lot of episodes unsubbed when it comes to the original series so I never gotten to it yet, so I can't say if I actually like Misty as a character or not. I understand the appeal for the 4kidz voice cast, but it sometimes makes me cringe.

However, if I have to be extremely honest, if the anime ever ended for whatever reason, I see them wrapping things up quite abruptly. They'll probably end whatever arc this happens on, but 'progression' isn't a huge theme with the anime. Not when it takes 917 episodes for Ash to win against a champion.
        May 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    16. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      For the writers out there, what is a good forum/website out there where I can get feedback for plot synopsis/Character bios for a novel?
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I sometimes post up chapters to writing.com to get feedback, lots of really analytical knitpicky people over there.
        Apr 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        @Altered StateI tried going to NaNoWriMo even before asking, It seems like a helpful site, but IMO the sheer amount of topic areas and posting rules overwhelmed me a bit.

@Alexander AmnellWritting.com a feedback section? I guess I'll give it a try.
        Apr 21, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Seacliff Writing.com is basically a literary version of this website, a place where amateur, aspiring and hobbyists go to get feedback on their works from like-minded individuals.
        Apr 21, 2016
        2 people like this.
    17. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      I just learned about this viral video: 

Apparently, this actually happened around the area I lived in.
      2. ALTERED STATE ?
        ALTERED STATE ?
        That might have been scripted though :p
        Apr 15, 2016
      3. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        It seems like her biggest concern during the whole event is that her brothers are idiots.
        Apr 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Rough. Scaring their sister like that.
        Apr 17, 2016
    18. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      My parents are Nathanial.
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Goshdarnnit, Nate.
        Apr 2, 2016
      2. Nathanial
        Nathanial
        I'm your what now?
        Apr 2, 2016
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        I was making a meme reference, but you were one step ahead of me.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y0sa6oDA1qcduuqo1_500.jpg
        Apr 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Finally updated my game. It's nice to know I'm 75% done. The next 25% does not seem that threatening.
    20. Seacliff
      Seacliff
      Okay, I've worned myself out complaining about Paper Mario: Color Splash on other parts of the internet so I spare y'all the pain of me complaining here.
  • About

Birthday:
    February 17
    First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Current Game:
    [​IMG]

Finished Games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interact

Signature

"I Vanquished the Empire as a Kid and Now the Economy is Crap"
    Game in Progress.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-as-a-kid-and-now-the-economy-is-crap.108314/

Flip Dimensions
    Full 20 Hour game.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/flip-dimensions-includes-demo.36235/