Last Activity:
Apr 7, 2018
Birthday:
April 25

Share This Page

SebazWorld

Veteran, Male, from United Kingdom

Veteran

Whoa, it's been a while. Again. I'd like to say I'll make sure to be on more, but I already know I won't keep to it haha. May 26, 2017

SebazWorld was last seen:
Apr 7, 2018
    1. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Whoa, it's been a while. Again. I'd like to say I'll make sure to be on more, but I already know I won't keep to it haha.
      1. KanoaHowell and Arisa like this.
      2. Arisa
        Arisa
        Welcome back~ :kaohi:
        May 27, 2017
    2. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Well... looks like my motivation's gone again. I don't think it'll come back as quickly this time, unfortunately. I'll keep trying to do a little on my project though.
      1. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        Little by little each day is the best way to go about it.

Hang in there!
        Jan 23, 2017
        2 people like this.
      2. barnzie8
        barnzie8
        56846.IPB
        Jan 23, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    3. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      I find it kind of ironic that the day after I got my motivation back I got sick. Oh well... at least I'm better now. :p
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's how it always works for me.
        Jan 20, 2017
    4. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Here's that dev blog I mentioned I might make in my last post, if any of you feel like checking it out.

https://sebazworld.wordpress.com/

I have one post on there, and it's not the best looking thing in the world, but I don't think it matters too much, since I'm only really just starting to take game development seriously (not that I didn't before, but I'm going to focus on it more consistently from now on). So yeah. Guess this means I have my motivation back.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. BoredSoul
        BoredSoul
        Yay!!!

Throw a party!

Actually,don't,that's procrastination in a way.

Good luck.
        Jan 18, 2017
      3. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        Jan 19, 2017
    5. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Welp, motivation = gone (again). Dammit 2017, don't be like 2016. Seeing as my motivation drops and rises whenever the universe feels like throwing things my way (which seems to be often), I'm considering creating a blog to post about the development of my games and stuff. Hopefully having the commitment to that will boost my motivation a little.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. BoredSoul
        BoredSoul
        Motivation....dayum....

It can be hard,but if you truly want your projects to work,keep pushing.
        Jan 15, 2017
      4. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        Here you go! Best of luck with your project!
        Jan 16, 2017
      5. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @GoodSelf That was a really great guide! Thank you! I will be sure to try and follow some of those tips :D
        Jan 16, 2017
    6. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Finally decided to actually do some work. I scrapped all my projects. The projects I had planned were all typical, had been done before (a farm sim aswell as an open world skyrim-esque type game). Decided from now on to try and focus on making my projects as original as they can be. I have an idea, and it's more the story that's original than the actual gameplay. But I think it's the story that's more important for this game. What's your opinions? Is it good to focus on story over gameplay sometimes? I think that as long as it isn't a detriment to the game it's fine. Sorry for this long thing but I mean... I don't do much else on here eheh.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. sabao
        sabao
        If you're going to worry about this or that being done before, you're likely not going to get too far. I say if you have an idea you want done, do it to the best of your ability regardless of whether or not you think it's already been done. I reckon this will better hone your skills all around (writing + actually making the game) and will serve you well should your muse strike on your next project.

Plus yeah, I think sticking with what you have and figuring out how to make it work is pretty ace as well.
        Jan 12, 2017
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        You can check out my workshop if you need some help balancing your project.

Aside from that it really depends on what you are making now.   If it's a standard RPG then you will want more work put into dungeons and design than the story.  Most RPGs can stand on the premise of a single goal with no elaboration.
        Jan 13, 2017
      5. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @Kes Yeah, that's what I thought right after posting this, haha. But I haven't really even looked at the forums in a while so I forgot.

@sabao Originality is important to an extent in my opinion, though. In the end, I felt like the experience you got from the projects I was working on (albeit I didn't get too far) is something you could get, if not an even better one, from another game.

@Palladinthug True, an RPG can stand usually with not much story, but I think it's pretty great when a game breaks the usual conventions of a genre, and I kind of want to do that with my current project (in more ways than one).
        Jan 13, 2017
    7. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Happy New Year, RPG Maker forums! My New Year's resolution is to come on at least once a day. Let's... see how this goes. I'm not very good at keeping to these things. But I'll certainly try lol, since this is a great community and I missed it.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    8. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Weeeeeeeeell, I certainly haven't been on here in a long time. 2016's been a tough year for me. Hopefully should be on more in the New Year. God, I haven't touched any of my projects in months. It feels weird even going back on RPG Maker. Eh, I guess it'll become normal again soon.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Welcome back :p
        Dec 18, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        Glad to be back :)  (Even if I didn't come on for another 12 days after posting this xD)
        Dec 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    9. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Why are some incapable of forgiving? It feels really bad when you make one mistake and then they ignore you as if you committed a crime.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @Gin I might react similarly, but I would forgive them in a day or two. It's been a bit longer than that here.
        Jul 7, 2016
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Unfortunately, I don't think all of us sitting here speculating is going to do much for you. It sucks that some people can't overlook things. You've done what you can do on your end, the only thing left to do is give it time and hope they get over it. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, it's a sucky feeling.
        Jul 8, 2016
      4. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @mlogan To be honest I didn't expect this many replies... but yeah it's not really gonna do much for me.
        Jul 8, 2016
    10. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      So much for staying active on here. I haven't been on since May.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        May was only a couple of weeks away
        Jun 18, 2016
      3. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @Shaz True, but my goal was to come on at least once a day. And I left it like 3 weeks.
        Jun 19, 2016
    11. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Stayed up all night watching Fullmetal Alchemist. No regrets xD
      1. 1 person likes this.
    12. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      I hardly believe I can be called a veteran when I went inactive for like 6 months, lol. But I guess I've been working with RPG Maker for a long time now (not as long as some people tho...) so yeah, I guess it works. :p
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        The veteran title just means not newb.  New members have a slightly restricted use of the forums.
        May 27, 2016
      3. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        @Sharm Yeah, I know that. But as I said, I went inactive for ages, so you could still consider me a bit of a noob. But not really. :p
        May 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        It's simply based on post count and your posts didn't disappear because you were gone. :p
        May 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      I plan to be more active on here from now on. So get ready to see my face more :p
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I see your face :D
        May 25, 2016
      3. SebazWorld
        May 25, 2016
    14. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Updated my profile pic (for the first time in ages) using MV this time. It's an improvement, but it's incredibly different from my last one lol.
      1. 2 people like this.
    15. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      It sucks when you're the one in an indie team with the most free time but you can't use it productively because you have to wait for other people who have actual lives xD
    16. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Just bought RPG Maker MV, can't wait to start using it :D  
    17. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Wow I have not been on here in ages. Looks like a lot has changed! To be honest I've barely even touched RPG Maker in a while (I'm sorry I'm a disgrace to this forum xD). I still need to buy MV... it's on my long list of stuff to buy :p  
    18. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Oh god. MV is up for preorder. Guess I have to add that to my long list of stuff to buy (but proberbly won't for a long time) along with Super Mario Maker and Sims 4... *sigh*
    19. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Just saw the page for MV (something I didn't know about until 5 seconds ago). And just wow. Welp, looks like another load of what little money I have will be taken by RPG Maker :p
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Save up to about $150 (with large margin of error included) by Christmas and you should be ok lol
        Aug 12, 2015
      2. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        Don't think that's gonna happen lol, I have stuff I need to buy first :p
        Aug 12, 2015
      3. Warpmind
        Warpmind
        If it helps, keep in mind that it's the thought that counts, present-wise. So save money on gifts and get yourself MV instead. ;)
        Aug 12, 2015
    20. SebazWorld
      SebazWorld
      Ugh... I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on projects at the minute. Any ideas?
      1. rondchild
        rondchild
        Disconnect your internet, play some music and open your project !

or watch some epic video game for m0od booster.
        Jul 13, 2015
      2. SebazWorld
        SebazWorld
        Heh, good idea! That'll really stop me being distracted. Thanks!
        Jul 13, 2015
      3. rondchild
        rondchild
        your welcome,

The method is useful for me .

I hope you will finish your game, good luck !
        Jul 13, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    April 25
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there! My name is Seba. I make games... or at least try to. My favourite game series is The Legend of Zelda and my favourite game is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. My favourite animes are Fairy Tail, Magi, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Pokemon (Why not list my favourite anime? This is about me after all...).

Interact