Last Activity:
Oct 5, 2018
Birthday:
Apr 9, 1987 (Age: 32)

Share This Page

seita

Donn_M, Male, 32, from California

Veteran

Getting the layering right in this playground took a bit of magic ;x id=1925400961011879;type=video May 20, 2017

seita was last seen:
Oct 5, 2018
    1. seita
      seita
      So glad I have some programming experience. Just a simple iterative loop makes eventing so much easier.
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        There's a bunch of advantages to knowing basic programming.

One being that the basics are pretty much the same across most languages, with only a few differences. It makes it a lot easier to learn others, knowing the basics.
        Jul 29, 2013
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I wish I had some experience with that! Would make a lot of things much easier! :(

At least I can do most things that I want in my game.
        Jul 29, 2013
    2. seita
      seita
      Does anybody have the high fantasy pack? I need to test something
      1. deilin
        deilin
        I have it
        Jul 29, 2013
      2. Jef299
        Jef299
        Test out stiff sprite animations? (Oh no he di-int oh yes he did!)
        Jul 29, 2013
      3. seita
        seita
        Nah I wanted to test out a script in there to see if it works for my needs before buying the pack~
        Jul 29, 2013
    3. seita
      seita
      I used this video to explain RPG Maker and my game to my class last semester~ Decided to share it. Could be nice to use as an intro to the program?
      1. echo
        echo
        I like this, but the thing I always struggle with in VXAce is the tilesets. I just don't get them. That's why I still use XP. Something on that would be cool. But this is useful nonetheless.
        Jul 27, 2013
      2. Shablo5
        Shablo5
        Neat, although I disagree that you start with story. I believe you start with mechanics and emotion.
        Jul 27, 2013
    4. seita
      seita
      whatever happened to the last RSW? Both here and RMN
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Fomar0153
        Fomar0153
        I must have missed the blog post with the winners, I'll have to go track it down.
        Jul 26, 2013
      3. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        I must have missed that too, if you stumble upon it Fomar, would you be kind enough to PM me the link? :D
        Jul 26, 2013
      4. seita
        seita
        send it to me too please~
        Jul 26, 2013
    5. seita
      seita
      Welp. I thought I had money so I was gonna send an advance to my dev team, but I just paid my credit card and it went *poof* =_= I'm not getting paid for a few more weeks
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Well that sucks D: Good luck with the game :)
        Jul 26, 2013
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        Your game rocks! Wish I had half the experience you do ;D
        Jul 26, 2013
    6. seita
      seita
      never tried it, but will GIFs animate when using the Show Picture command?
      2. sabao
        sabao
        You could just open up the GIF with an editor and export the frames as individual images.
        Jul 23, 2013
      3. Chrome
        Jul 23, 2013
      4. seita
        seita
        Cool, thanks guys. I'm only asking because my "kamehameha" event had a lot of redundant events since the energy ball/path was animated.
        Jul 23, 2013
    7. seita
      seita
      Either I'm brainfarting or I never noticed before. Is there a default way to mirror the text message face to the right side?
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Not in the default engine! That would be convenient! Can't have that!
        Jul 21, 2013
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        In RPGMaker2000, you could. Alas... VX Ace has decided to get rid of all the cool and USEFUL features inherent to the design of an RPG. Maybe it's the company's way of spiting people for having pirated RM2K and translating it? I miss so many things from that program...
        Jul 21, 2013
      3. seita
        seita
        That's what I thought. Ugh =_=
        Jul 21, 2013
    8. seita
      1. Jef299
        Jef299
        It better be a movie about an RTS....
        Jul 21, 2013
    9. seita
      seita
      Giant robot suit. so awesome
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        epic
        Jul 20, 2013
      2. Jef299
        Jef299
        That was awesome.
        Jul 20, 2013
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        I wonder if I can get one of them to be my bodyguard?
        Jul 20, 2013
    10. seita
      seita
      I need a consultation with a scripter that is well versed with tileset manipulation, particularly the passable over and under player bit.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Send me a PM, or post in RGSSx Script Support. I love this sort of stuff.
        Jul 20, 2013
    11. seita
      seita
      my girlfriend bought me The Last of Us. goodbye productivity
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        You haven chosen well, Seita.
        Jul 18, 2013
      3. StarkinGyra
        StarkinGyra
        It is a great game.
        Jul 18, 2013
      4. seita
        seita
        I've wanted it since I saw the first trailer, but I knew it'd consume me. Plus the money. Now here it is >___> sheep.
        Jul 18, 2013
    12. seita
      seita
      Can't believe how big of a difference having custom sprites for Jumping makes.
      1. Elements
        Elements
        Don't believe it then.
        Jul 16, 2013
      2. Taien
        Taien
        For the main character or others?
        Jul 16, 2013
      3. seita
        seita
        For the main character of course
        Jul 16, 2013
    13. seita
      seita
      are there any rounded versions of the rtp water autotile?
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        based on the size of that alone I can say yes, yes it does. It's much bigger, giving you more room to curve and whatnot.
        Jul 15, 2013
      3. Celianna
        Celianna
        XP's autotiles were all evenly divided in 32x32 tiles. VX/Ace has 16x16 corners and a 32x32 middle. This makes for a very square autotile as the corners don't give enough space to work with.
        Jul 15, 2013
      4. seita
        seita
        Oooh I see. That sucks monkey balls.
        Jul 15, 2013
    14. seita
      seita
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        good job :p Now we'll get more support questions >.<
        Jul 14, 2013
    15. seita
      seita
      So I made fresh banana bread yesterday. I noticed a jar of Nutella next to it... why didn't I think of it before?
      2. Jef299
        Jef299
        Melted butter or it's sacrilege! > :o
        Jul 13, 2013
      3. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        When I was young, I would put cheez whiz on everything from banana bread to waffles to a slice of meat on a stick.
        Jul 13, 2013
      4. SlaveOfThaMind
        SlaveOfThaMind
        lol when I was a child I used to dip my dinner rolls in a glass of pepsi.
        Jul 13, 2013
    16. seita
      seita
      Finally got my paycheck, man I seriously thought this job wouldn't pay. =_= time to work on YANTH.
      2. Jef299
        Jef299
        You should try waiting for SSI or disability to show up. They say it's go to be somewhere between now and 90 days? They give it to you day 91 :p
        Jul 12, 2013
      3. seita
        seita
        Eh the pay is bleh, it's hardly worth it. Minimum wage. I won't be getting SSI since this is only a summer job~
        Jul 12, 2013
      4. Jef299
        Jef299
        You mean unemployment. Unless you're terribly messed up like me. :D
        Jul 12, 2013
    17. seita
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Silly Seita, that's been there!
        Jul 10, 2013
    18. seita
      seita
      The more i watch Les Stroud on Survivorman the more I want to make a survival game.
    19. seita
      seita
      First day alone at the new place in SF without the GF. Time to netflix it up. I hope my illustrator didn't go MIA on me =[
    20. seita
      seita
      In case you missed it, two beautiful WIP pieces by Darren for YANTH:
      1. Jef299
        Jef299
        I love it. Awesome!
        Jul 4, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 9, 1987 (Age: 32)
    First Language:
    English
    Hi guys! Just wanted to say a little about myself and my history with the RM series.

I first got into the RPG Maker series when I was about 12, with RPG Maker 2000. It was an unofficial release that was translated by Don Miguel. I was fascinated by the simplicity and complexity of it all. The included demo by DM (my initials!) gave me hours of enjoyment, trying to figure out how everything worked, hoping that the conflict between the red and blue knights would be experienced in the upcoming release. Although I knew very little about the engine, it served as my gateway into game creation, giving me the ability to make an rpg without actually making an rpg.

I dabbled with RPG Maker 2003, though not as deeply as I did with 2000. When I found out that RPG Maker was released for the original Playstation, I immediately bought the game with my allowance. I spent hours and days and weeks using it, creating my own game despite it not having the efficiency of its PC counterparts. I expect I never got past the first hour of my game.

I then found RPG Maker XP, an official release for the PC, something I found so incredibly advanced compared to its predecessors that I jumped on the chance. Between high school and college I created my first full game. Although I only got one chapter finished, I learned so much. Time management and realistic goals was my lesson. If you've ever heard of "Ballad of the Wind", that's the game.

During college I had no time to work on any games, thus I skipped RPG Maker VX, an engine I particularly didn't like due to its limited mapping capabilities. Now here I am, working on You Are Not The Hero, created on RPG Maker VX Ace. Please look forward to it, I'm putting my very heart and soul into its release, not to mention money.

Game design & development, 3D modeling and animation.
    Hockey, anime, manga, games.