Recent content by seryphi

1. seryphi

procrastinates on my horror game by making a pastel/candy themed RTP edit... with candy cane...

procrastinates on my horror game by making a pastel/candy themed RTP edit... with candy cane trees. mood whiplash much?
  2. seryphi

Game & Map Screenshots 10

@Kvothe Those are door locations! I need to make some arrows and such to make it more obvious and less, well, neon.
  3. seryphi

Game & Map Screenshots 10

holy crap yall have amazing stuff going... I've been editing the RTP as I go in mine, so far mostly bits and pieces of wall decor.
  4. seryphi

You are absolutely right and she is sitting in my lap at this exact moment, please send help

You are absolutely right and she is sitting in my lap at this exact moment, please send help
  5. seryphi

my cat "helps" so much with my game that I should probably add her into the credits section... hm.

my cat "helps" so much with my game that I should probably add her into the credits section... hm.
  6. seryphi

[RMMV] Random title screen?

@Aloe Guvner That's perfect for what I wanted, thank you so much!!! :kaocry: @Kwerty Ah, yes to the first and no to the second and third? I know there are plugins out there for animated title screens, but I just wanted a different static title image when you open the game. Thank you though!!
  7. seryphi

Sound ambience in your games

Thank you all very much! I'm learning a lot from this thread. @TheoAllen your explanation really helped!! That makes a lot more sense now, especially about sound effects being a "signature." @gstv87 that is an incredibly cool analysis. The analogy he makes to words and sentences really...
  8. seryphi

[RMMV] Random title screen?

I would like to have the title screen of my game be random from a pool of images. The biggest gimmick of my game is things being just a little bit different every time you look at them, so it would really push that aesthetic forward. The problem is that I can't seem to find a way to event this...
  9. seryphi

How would you go about subverting the player's expectations?

Yeah, it's much easier to understand with firsthand experience and/or practice. Good luck~
  10. seryphi

@Milennin That makes sense, thank you! @Marquise* thank you! Yes, Deaf people can enjoy music- we play it very loud at parties, lol. But the neighbors don't usually like it very much. :kaoswt2: If it's loud enough for me to feel it, it's probably loud enough to be heard through the walls... I...
  11. seryphi

How would you go about subverting the player's expectations?

I think the game Eversion did a great job of the kind of subversion you're talking about- if you look it up, the title screen makes it look like your average cutesy platformer, if a bit more blindingly vivid than some of its peers. (It is not a cutesy platformer. It is a horror game. Also...
  12. seryphi

Thank you both for answering! :kaothx: @Milennin What is it that you like or other people dislike about the defaults? Or is it mostly like what Kes said, that they've just been used too much? @Kes About that games shouldn't depend on only sound for their effects- yes!! That's why I like RPG...
  13. seryphi

As a Deaf gamemaker and game player I tend to forget about the effect of sound on the game atmosphere. Horror games are never as scary somehow, and in many other games I find myself getting bored when friends swear it is all very interesting. So I think sound has to have a pretty big effect. So...
  14. seryphi

October Goals and Progress Thread

My goal for the month is to finish my main horror game project for Halloween! I'm so close, I have the maps and most of the mechanics done. It's a very small game. Granted it's also a game where I kill most of my boyfriends like one of those vintage movie widows with the fluffy robes and pearls...
  15. seryphi

You can probably just generally assume I'm laughing evilly somewhere in the distance.

You can probably just generally assume I'm laughing evilly somewhere in the distance.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour