Recent content by Setheim

1. Setheim

Setheim's Identity Design Workshop

Thanks everyone for your kind words. This is just a minor update. Due health reasons I kinda fell on my schedule a bit, no worries, this is not too much and will catch up shortly.  Be back to you soon-ish. -Updated waiting list.
  2. Setheim

Updated availability, waiting list and finished projects. 
  3. Setheim

Secret Santa 2.0

Alright, played Dead End Cave and left a review on the contest page http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/247#.VBezM_l5N8F
  4. Setheim

when you are down/ sad what you do?

Indeed! If you feel sad often then it should be treated, seek out its reasons to exist and deal with them. If not, most probably it is just a mood, and like all moods, it will come to pass on its own. We have different moods for so many different shallow reasons that unless your desire is to...
  5. Setheim

when you are down/ sad what you do?

Coffee, writing and meditation works best for me. I avoid music because I tend to listen to sad music anyway so it's a bad idea. Often watching Doctor Who helps a lot too.
  6. Setheim

Secret Santa 2.0

Sign me in. http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/156#.U7G6Vfl5N8F
  7. Setheim

How to Begin

I guess this is a bit like writing a story / novel. Or at least I use the same approach... since I don't usually have the desire to work in order or in a particular chapter all day, I simply work on whatever I want to do on that moment. In games; If I don't feel like mapping, I just create a...
  8. Setheim

Alright, updated availability and added a "waiting list". Remember guys I'm only taking 2 projects at the same time, so bear with me. Cheers. 
  9. Setheim

Hey there Alkorri, send the info via PM so I can assess it. I may take a bit to start it tho' since I already have a couple of projects on, if that's ok with you then let's do it!
  10. Setheim

@The Old Ferret - Alright. Sounds good, working on it, be back to you soon-ish.  Cheers. 
  11. Setheim

How to make fog?

Ok, I've been doing tests, I got something similar, using photoshop. Create a new file, I suggest it to be larger than your minimum screen size for VX ACE (at least). Press "D" to reset the colours (black front / white back) -Go > Filters > Render > Clouds. -Filters > Render > Differentiate...
  12. Setheim

A question on cutscenes?

It depends on how good are you at writing your story and making the cutscenes that go with it. If it's a good cutscene, by all means, take all the time in the world just... don't do it when the game starts, there's no need. A good story is told over time, not in the first minutes, if you feed...
  13. Setheim

What do you think makes a side-quest entertaining?

I played Final Fantasy XI for the good part of... 8 years? Or so... FFXI is mostly sidequests. It has amazing main storylines and plots, also great battles and hunts... but for people like me, who like to explore the world they are playing in, it's all about sidequests. For this reason I...
  14. Setheim

Updated availability and Completed logos for this Workshop.
  15. Setheim

Photoshop/GIMP question

It depends as to why you want it to look like that. But anyway, assuming that all you want is an exact copy I'd draw the shapes in a new layer and just blur them (With Gaussian Blur) until you get the effect you want. Should be the fastest way, at least for me.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonzyyy