Recent content by Shaddow

1. Shaddow

Skills for Classes in Database not Transfering Over to Game

Is Potion set as a skill and not magic? I ran into that issue a few times too, since this character can only use magic, any 'skills' will not show up for her.  This may be unrelated, since it is only this character, but maybe a step towards a solution.
  2. Shaddow

How to make recruitable party member's level scale?

under 'control variable' there is an option called 'game data' within that there is a section called 'actor' and then you set it equal to that actors level. So basically within an event you choose Control Variable -> Game Data -> Actor -> Level. Then when you add the party member you choose...
  3. Shaddow

How to make recruitable party member's level scale?

Variables. The simple solution is to just make a variable that matches the party leaders level, then when you put the new member on, set it's level to match that variable.
  4. Shaddow

Pinata

Pinata
  5. Shaddow

Loafer

I do not know what you mean, everything I am saying is exactly what I mean to say.
  6. Shaddow

This forum is making me want to loaf around.

This forum is making me want to loaf around.
  7. Shaddow

Respawning Resources Trouble

@BonnieLass - I did not have any trouble extracting it or playing it once extracted. I also had a few others try it and there was no trouble. I wish I could give some more help, what is happening when you try to open it once extracted? Are you attempting to play it or open it as a project...
  8. Shaddow

MV over VXace?

I am also still using Ace, but I downloaded the trial of MV to see what I liked differently. I really like the cross platform as well as the mouse support. The resolution and integrated SV battle system are also a plus for me. I want to get MV but as of yet can't bring myself to pay that price...
  9. Shaddow

Respawning Resources Trouble

I made a playable tutorial that covers this, it has a day time system and a farming system that is based on variables and days. It may cover what you want. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8syli9w95a6yso/Lighting_Tutorial.rar
  10. Shaddow

They really don't care. Developers that do this know that they'll have die hard fans that will...

They really don't care. Developers that do this know that they'll have die hard fans that will pay, as well as the idle rich who just buy everything anyway. Not to mention that in a thing like Roblox, they will have a whole new generation of 'fans' in a few years, so what does it matter if they...
  11. Shaddow

Sylvant (Demo v1.2 now out!)

Demo downloaded, I'm interested. The story seems somewhat generic from what I read but the characters look very like-able and the art is amazing. I might actually be in love. I will be watching this, it looks like it has a lot of potential. Edit: Okay just started but I've noticed something...
  12. Shaddow

Jump to Label constant activation

If the event is based on party size of 2 or higher, and it does not matter who is in the party. The simplest method would be to set a variable = to party size. If that variable is two or higher, you can enter; else display the message. You might just be making this overly difficult...or I am...
  13. Shaddow

Advanced Help with my Move Route/conditional branch

That is a great idea. I usually try to make my own things 'original' but that seems foolish when I'm doing things I have no skill with lol. I will check out some of these others and see if I can get some ideas or see how it was done. Thanks again Shaz.
  14. Shaddow

It has been a while since I made any sprites, but had to step away from learning code for a bit...

It has been a while since I made any sprites, but had to step away from learning code for a bit, so making the main character of my new game. It feels good.
  15. Shaddow

Advanced Help with my Move Route/conditional branch

I considered that angle, the problem I run into at that point is the attack of the enemy. I am making the enemies attack when they are in certain X and Y vs the player, so if I make it trigger on action button, I am unsure how to proceed with the enemy's attack as well.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The power of tutorials. This was fun to make,parallax lightning makes more sense to me now. Now comes the annoying step of doing stuff without a step by step show though !_!
With the new phone, I can now play a lot of old RPGs that my old phone just didn't have room for. Some RPGs definitely show their age even with updated graphics and quick saving.
I don't think I have ever stuck to a project this long....And I'm still just in the planning stages basically xD
It's not about the engine, it's about the resources.
After several days, my new pc is finally built and working. What an ordeal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harith