Aug 19, 2018 at 4:05 AM

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
Jan 1, 1997 (Age: 21)

Share This Page

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar, Male, 21

Veteran

Today I looked at an old version of my game's outline, only to find that it was way better than what it morphed into. Time to revert! :D Aug 17, 2018 at 7:32 AM

shadefoundry was last seen:
Aug 19, 2018 at 4:05 AM
    1. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Today I looked at an old version of my game's outline, only to find that it was way better than what it morphed into. Time to revert! :D
      1. Finnuval likes this.
    2. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      I'm at the point now that I've got a text file full of humorous banter to use in my project, but no actual progress in said project. o_O
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        at least you had fun writing it (I hope lol) so now time to get to work! lol :D
        Aug 14, 2018 at 3:16 AM
        shadefoundry likes this.
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        Oh I'm having a blast writing them. I've even managed to fit them all into my outline, its just a matter of getting to those points now :p
        Aug 14, 2018 at 7:05 AM
        Finnuval likes this.
    3. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      It's dawned on me that my opening is very close to that of Final Fantasy VI. Guess I have the chance to make jokes about that game now :p.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    4. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Surprisingly, the hardest part of the one map challenge isn't the restrictions. It's remembering where you put your event hadlers! o_O
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        We can't use two maps that one is playable and one for dumping event for event cloning?
        Aug 12, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      2. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        I don't think so, no. I've got one singular map with a processor, a few npcs and a few events that act as touch events, bosses, etc. It's surprisingly how much you can do with so little tbh.
        Aug 12, 2018
    5. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      6 hours on a train to Toronto with nothing to do but work on my game... Time to procrastinate!
      1. Azmor and Finnuval like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Imagine if Bethesda were working on the Elder Scrolls 6 since the release of Skyrim but have been procrastinating till now.
        Aug 12, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      4. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        @FleshToDust I guarantee you there's at least one intern at Bethesda doing just that. :p
        Aug 12, 2018
        FleshToDust likes this.
      5. Azmor
        Azmor
        "So, Fred. Are you done with our main character models?"
        "... - Just give me one more day."
        Aug 12, 2018
        shadefoundry and FleshToDust like this.
    6. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Sorry I've not been around over much guys, I'm out of town and the WiFi at the place I'm staying at is worse than dial up. 200b/s o_O
      1. Frogboy
        Frogboy
        I'll forgive you ... this time. ;)
        Aug 9, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
    7. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      That moment when you're playing final fantasy and an enemy sprite has so much wrong with it that you could do better yourself o_O
      1. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        I know what you mean, though I could NEVER do it better myself though lol
        Aug 6, 2018
        shadefoundry and The Stranger like this.
      2. XIIIthHarbinger
        XIIIthHarbinger
        I know what you mean, though I tend to focus more collision mechanics, ai actions, & the like. Once you start making your own games, it impossible to not see the little things.
        Aug 7, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        @XIIIthHarbinger I find that I start noticing places where the devs cut corners, to the point that it takes me out of the experience a bit.
        Aug 7, 2018
    8. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Me: I should work on my project... Also Me: Or I could read this 200 page thread...
      1. SailorRose, mlogan and Marsigne like this.
      2. sleepy_sealion
        sleepy_sealion
        Don't read the thread. It will never love you like your project will!
        Aug 5, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        I don't actually think my project likes me tbh, it more tolerates me at best. :p
        Aug 5, 2018
        Finnuval and Marsigne like this.
    9. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      I'm finally close to finishing Oathbringer... What to read next?
      1. sleepy_sealion likes this.
    10. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      And now we begin trying to actually make the battle screen look nice.
    11. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Everyone's playing Octopath Traveller, and here I am with a copy of the game and no Switch to play it on.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        I don't even have a Switch, nor I plan to buy it.
        Jul 26, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Knayter
        Knayter
        I don't have a switch and I'm kinda suffering now TT I really need to get it
        Jul 26, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    12. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      I just had to explain to our in-house android developer why we should be using material design. Oh boy.
      1. Frogboy likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        I dunno, man. Some people are tired of the paper-flat design. The motion graphic part of it, though, that I can get behind. I <3 smooth animations.
        Jul 26, 2018
        shadefoundry and Marsigne like this.
    13. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Me 3 hours ago: "I'll just play Dishonored 2 for an hour, then work on my project." 3 Hours Later: "Crap."
      1. Shikashi, Marsigne and Dalph like this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Story of my life, too many distractions.
        Jul 25, 2018
        shadefoundry and Marsigne like this.
    14. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      I will never understand why people answer Amazon's frequently asked questions with "I don't know". If you don't know, don't answer.
      1. SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      2. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        I laugh every time I read those. Or the people who ask absolutly dumb questions and get trolled. I love Amazon.
        Jul 24, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
    15. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      You know there's a problem when the Aquaman trailer looks better than the Titans trailer. Seriously how did they mess up Titans this bad?
      1. SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      3. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        I've never understood why they're so worried about making Robin look dorky. He's a perfectly good looking character (and I will give you that his costume looked the part, if a bit too dark). Raven and Robin definitely got the worst of it in regards to inconsistent characterization. Something worth noting is that Dove is known for being a pacifist, so seeing her mutilating people was a pretty gross departure.
        Jul 23, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Yeah, I think they maybe went to in on Edgy Robin or at least emphasized too much of it (maybe that's just how he is in beginning before the titans). Robin's few live action appearances have generally portrayed a dorky side to his character and I think its given him a certain perception or fear of making him too much like that. Don't know much about Dove myself, that seems poor though.
        Jul 23, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      5. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        There's certainly a bit of a concern about making Robin dorky on DC's end. Even then I think it's entirely possible to do Robin well in live action without making him dorky. It's just a matter of letting all of the stuff that makes him a compelling character shine through. I do hope that the whole edgy Robin concept gets done away with pretty quickly, since it's just not what the character is about.
        Jul 23, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    16. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      I thought that limiting names to 8 characters would be a problem, but it just ended up adding to "early gameboy game" feel I've got.
      1. Marsigne, Knayter and sleepy_sealion like this.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Funny enough is that MS-DOS was also limited to 8 character file names with 3 character extensions (8.3 format). That is where some of the file names in Windows system files actually came from.
        Jul 21, 2018
        Marsigne and shadefoundry like this.
    17. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Welp, my small override to change the width of a window is morphing into a full on menu overhaul. This is good right?
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        And are u still hating Ruby?
        Jul 18, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
    18. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      Finally started messing with creating my own scripts. God I hate Ruby. ;_;
      1. View previous comments...
      2. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        I haven't try delphi as well, but I heard it's an upgraded version of pascal? I did try pascal in the past though, but only at the level of understanding how to write a syntax.
        Jul 18, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Yup, it's an upgraded version of pascal.
        Jul 18, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I have tried C++, some C and Go. C++ definitely wins for me tho.
        Jul 18, 2018
    19. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      And now, some good music from a terrible game :D
      1. futrchamp, Schade and SpaceBot like this.
    20. shadefoundry
      shadefoundry
      In my game, the forest level is also the fire level!:D How do you all spice up traditional RPG Level tropes?
      1. starlight dream and MMMm like this.
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Could have just burned a path in a straight line or something? Why torch the whole thing!? :kaoswt2:
        Jul 12, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        He probably tried to burn a path only but it was very windy ;)
        Jul 12, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      5. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        He intended to just burn a path, but the forest was very VERY flammable because it was an arid day.:p
        So basically Murphy's Law kicked in as it does.
        Jul 12, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 1, 1997 (Age: 21)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

Thing's What I Gone Done Like:
    RM2003 RTP Formatted for VXAce
    My Crappy MV Edits