shadefoundry
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Ok so Spider-Verse was hands down the best Spider-Man movie. Ever. Even better than Spider-Man 2. Yes Really.
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    If that movie has spider ham in it, I am really hoping they didn't overuse him this time. I forgot what the name of this particular Spider-Man cartoon was, but they had Spider-Man and all these alternate Spider-Man fight the Goblin and then Electro, and I honestly felt like they spammed spider ham.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Benny Jackdaw That cartoon was Ultimate Spider-Man, and don't worry. He's basically a side character in the movie. He shows up, makes like two jokes and then leaves, and never outstays his welcome.
    I just *love* when people blindly defend game companies that pull scummy shenanigans. Oh wait the opposite.
    Reactions: Uzuki
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Whenever a developer I like does something terrible, I ask myself if I'd support it if EA did it. If not, I can't support it when they do it either. If we give fan favorites leeway, it just lets the less liked companies know that they can get away with it as well.
    trouble time
    trouble time
    This is probably why I'm more a fan of individual developers over companies or game series. Even then I'm critical of everything. Including myself, especially myself.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @trouble time That's a good thing tbh. Being able to recognize your own flaws is a good way to move towards self-improvement. :)
    I swear every time I come back to my project after a long break I start picking it apart and then it gets abandoned. ;_;
    Just finished the hardest exam of the semester. One more to go and I can die.
    So the character sprites from the Nostalgia Graphics Pack look better with my tiles than my own sprites do o_O. Guess I'm switching over.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I always feel strange when I discover something like this. On the one hand, it's exciting to have something that looks better with less work, on the other hand, my pride doesn't like someone being better at this than me.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Sharm Thankfully, my work isn't particularly great to begin with so I just expect people to be better at this than I am :P.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    LOL, well, maybe someday then. ;)
    I love how the only new features that OSX Mojave advertises is group face time calls, and 70 new emojis. Emojis are features now.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The only difference I noticed is on the touchbar screenshot button, which I hated.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Hudell Lol I don't even have a touchpad. I explicitly bought the model with regular function keys because I frequently use them and the touchbar is a stupid feature. :P
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Yeah, the touchbar is a pain. I hate it, but it used to make taking screenshots a bit easier, now I don't have even that.
    Company got me the latest macbook pro at the time, while all I wanted was a regular PC.
    Me: Wow, Hydlide was a terrible game. Also Me: Remaking Hydlide as a side project is a great idea!
    Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Reminds me of people who tried to remake action 52 games. I know, at the very least, Streemerz was completed. personally, there was one point where I was tempted to try and remake Dam Busters.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    At least with Hydlide, you have a lot of references from games that came out later to borrow gameplay elements from to improve the game. Even in the 8-bit era, there's Zelda, Valkyrie no Bouken, and (dare I suggest) Hydlide's sequels.

Bottom line, just don't make the combat crap and it's already a massive improvement from the original.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    I'm pretty sure that I used the default VXAce combat with no modification it would be an improvement over the original :p. Jokes aside I think the best way to go about it is a more zelda-esque combat system.
    I think I've hit that rut where I'm constantly refining the same part of my game without making any progress with anything else. Send help.
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Dialogue is a definite thing that will change, and constantly; so don't let that get ya--but hey, if you're savvy, am always up for helpin' any way I can. Hit me up if ya need a pair of eyes for help.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Thank you! At this point though I'm not sure this thing is ready to be shown to anybody just yet. It's not polished enough for my liking :p
    samkfj
    samkfj
    Understandable :)

One thing I can help with--though am sure you've heard this before; make the dialogue seem natural. If you have an idea of these characters, imagine yourself in a room with them. How would they speak if you were present. Would they use proper language? Or maybe they're more like me and use a lot of slang. Ask them questions in your mind, and gauge how they would respond.
    For some reason I make the most progress on my project during exam week when I should be studying o_O.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Just don't start writing event commands on your exam papers. xD
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    Conditional Branch, if Players Head is facing Down, show balloon animation "zZz"
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    I mean, at least I'm making progress? Yeah, I should be studying...
    Been home sick for 3 days now. I miss being in classes. :(
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Oh my goodness so much great advice! I'll keep it all in mind while I try to recover. I've already decided that if I haven't improved by Monday, then I'll be returning to my clinic to get reexamined. Either way, my fever is fading a bit, so I think my condition's improving a little.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's great news! I hope you feel better soon.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Me too, it'd be nice to go out this weekend :p
    Reactions: Sharm
    *emerges from ps4* Spider-Man is fantastic so far! *Returns to PS4*
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Rip progress on my project this weekend.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I saw some gameplay of it, it looks like a really fun game that did a good job of getting the character just right.
    shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Sharm It really is/does. As someone who grew up reading the comics it's really fun to pick out all the little references they hid away in the world.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was working on grid movement and did this as a joke.

Or is it

New PC is built. Now I walk that fine line between wanting it NOW, and being responsible and waiting for the stress test to be finished. By this time tomorrow it'll be up and running. And my desk will have had a much-needed clean.
Remember to pet your astral kitty!

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brodyslav