Last Activity:
May 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM
Birthday:
Jun 15, 1988 (Age: 30)

Share This Page

Shake0615

Reanimator, Male, 30, from USA

Veteran

Anyone find 2D pixel horror games genuinely scary? I'm debating whether I'll have a go at making one but I'm not sure... Mar 31, 2019

Shake0615 was last seen:
May 27, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    1. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      Anyone find 2D pixel horror games genuinely scary? I'm debating whether I'll have a go at making one but I'm not sure...
      1. KaBlooZio likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. KaBlooZio
        KaBlooZio
        ...theres the saying, that true horror comes from the unknown...or something like that. In a 2d medium like MV, youll make a better horror/suspense experience by letting the player mull over in their own mind whats on the other side of the door. I dont think that means you cant use visual aids, but they should be used more as tools than anything. Unless you intend to "explain everything" at the end or something.
        Mar 31, 2019
        Knighteriius likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's pretty true, when things are sketched in but not quite defined our mind fills in the gaps, and when we're prepared to expect something scary it fills those gaps in with the scariest thing to us. There's also the flow of pressure and release like a rollercoaster that make it similar to comedy in timing, and is why those are often mixed. Neither of those things need visuals to work.
        Mar 31, 2019
        Shake0615, Knighteriius and KaBlooZio like this.
      5. Shake0615
        Shake0615
        Thanks for all the thoughts and comments! I think I was getting hung up on whether a 2D game is the right medium for this story, but I'll take a whack at making a super condensed version in MV after all. If nothing else, I think the challenge of trying to nail a creepy atmosphere will give me an opportunity for growth as a developer.
        Mar 31, 2019
        KaBlooZio likes this.
    2. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      What image hosting site do you guys use when posting screenshots of your games?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Neo_Kum0rius_6000
        Neo_Kum0rius_6000
        Yea Imugurs good...
        Jan 12, 2019
      3. TWings
        TWings
        On this forum, I just use the forum upload.
        Jan 12, 2019
      4. Shake0615
        Shake0615
        Thanks guys!
        Jan 12, 2019
    3. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      So. Close. To. Finishing. First. Demo...Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Release. Early....:kaodes:
      1. samkfj
    4. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      Chrono Trigger fans should check out Chronicles of Time on iTunes! 81 covers of Yasunori Mitsuda's score with arrangements in just about any genre you can imagine. It's a testament to the staying power of some of the best video game music ever written!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Chrono Cinematica is also pretty fantastic.
        Feb 19, 2016
    5. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      Has there been any update on the memory leak bug fixes and music problems? My games continue to lag and crash and I'm getting a little discouraged about using MV...
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        There is a thread that is tracking the updates and what not, might find an answer there. Don't have mv myself though:
        Nov 10, 2015
      3. Shake0615
        Shake0615
        Yeah, I had seen that one but to my knowledge there hadn't been any more info released. I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks.
        Nov 10, 2015
      4. Archeia
        Archeia
        We had been discussing about it over here:
        Nov 10, 2015
    6. Shake0615
      Shake0615
      So excited about MV. Now that I've pre-ordered, I have to decide which of my failed projects on the last 3 makers I'm going to resurrect (for the nth time)!
      2. Shake0615
        Shake0615
        A group of fifth graders challenges an evil god king who came from another planet? Sounds like a blockbuster to me!
        Oct 14, 2015
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Why not? If Rune Factory 2 can have a 7 year old beat up a dragon, why can't you have 5th graders beat up an evil god?
        Oct 15, 2015
      4. Schlangan
        Schlangan
        In Digimon you see young children fighting world destroyer creatures too :p
        Oct 15, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 15, 1988 (Age: 30)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV