Recent content by Shake0615

1. Shake0615

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

At this point there would need to be something truly revolutionary for me to buy. A QoL upgrade from MV won’t do it. I know I’m in the minority but if this one is still 2D then I’m probably passing.
  2. Shake0615

Talking about Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Spoiler Warning!)

No offense, but I can tell from these quotes (and others) that you just don't understand the system. I'd recommend researching a little more and trying again.
  3. Shake0615

Sat: Strep throat. Mon: Food poisoning. Today: Woke up covered in hives. What a freaking week...

Sat: Strep throat. Mon: Food poisoning. Today: Woke up covered in hives. What a freaking week...
  4. Shake0615

I've been watching them too and they've been super helpful!

I've been watching them too and they've been super helpful!
  5. Shake0615

Accessing objects in another plugin

So I'm really new at coding and I had no idea you could do all that from the console! Thanks!
  6. Shake0615

Accessing objects in another plugin

I created a simple Victory Aftermath plugin and it's running smoothly except for one thing: the battle status windows and turn order windows (I'm using Olivia_BattleSysOTB.js and Olivia_SideBattleUI.js) are still visible while the aftermath is processing. How can I access those windows from my...
  7. Shake0615

RMVXA SpongeBound: The Attack of Giygas!

TBH I've been using RPG Maker for longer than you've been alive and I've never managed to release anything. So kudos to you for completing a project!
  8. Shake0615

CGMV Encyclopedia w/ Bestiary

Just want to say that this plugin is extremely well-documented! Even an amateur like me is able to easily root around in the code and make adjustments that the plugin parameters don't address. You have no idea much I appreciate that @casper667! This plugin has been a lifesaver.
  9. Shake0615

June Goals and Progress Thread

Finish my main menu scenes. It's slow going because I'm learning Javascript as I go and I don't know any other programming languages. But I'm amazed at how much I've learned by just studying the source code and a bit of googling. Wrote my first stand-alone plugin today and not only did it not...
  10. Shake0615

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments! I think I was getting hung up on whether a 2D game is...

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments! I think I was getting hung up on whether a 2D game is the right medium for this story, but I'll take a whack at making a super condensed version in MV after all. If nothing else, I think the challenge of trying to nail a creepy atmosphere will give me an...
  11. Shake0615

@KaBlooZio That's a good way of looking at it. I think ultimately that's what I would be going...

@KaBlooZio That's a good way of looking at it. I think ultimately that's what I would be going for - a narrative-driven suspense game with horror elements. I vaguely remember seeing Pocket Mirror but I think I'll give it a try. "Riveting" is a pretty high compliment!
  12. Shake0615

@Poryg That's the way I feel about it too. I've had a horror story in the works for years (as a...

@Poryg That's the way I feel about it too. I've had a horror story in the works for years (as a novella), but I can't imagine the tension will transfer to this medium well. I've played a lot of horror games but I'm struggling to think of 2D ones that did it really well.
  13. Shake0615

Anyone find 2D pixel horror games genuinely scary? I'm debating whether I'll have a go at making...

Anyone find 2D pixel horror games genuinely scary? I'm debating whether I'll have a go at making one but I'm not sure...
  14. Shake0615

RMMV Ember's Knight

Looks nice! I’ll definitely be giving this one a look once a demo is dropped.
  15. Shake0615

Inspirational Music/Playlists

Depends on what I’m doing. If I’m writing dialogue or quests then it’s silence. If I’m mapping, working in the database or bug testing then it’s 80’s/retrowave music.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Every group of friends has that one "stupid friend". If you aren't sure who is the "stupid friend" in your group... it's most likely you.
Just spent 30 min growling at a mesh not importing properly to unity.
Then the programmer asked "Did you send me the updated texture?"
*Nervous laughter*
Well, that explain the transparent texture eh?
If you have ever played these games and miss them, please look forward to it.
Miss the old retro style? I'm a fan of it, especially these Famicom games.
"Dragon Ball Z from Nintendo Entertainment System"
dragonball-z.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FM445