Global Mod

I would be a happy drunk for certain! *is sleep deprived* Oct 6, 2018

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I would be a happy drunk for certain! *is sleep deprived*
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that it was good to know if you enjoy alcohol or not. I decided before my drunk accident that I didn't want to ever drink. I hated the experience, but now I have a funny story to tell so it's not so bad.
        Oct 6, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm happy that you like to learn about what I like and don't like. It's fun to make friends. ^_^
        Oct 6, 2018
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I am not worried about it and you do not have to say sorry to me. It is just an honest mistake. That is the problem with posting on text only, people can easily misunderstood each other's without see face to face.

It is good to understand other situations that is a part of being a human.
        Oct 6, 2018
        Sharm likes this.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      The past 3 days I've been stuck in a strange research fugue. It's like getting lost on Wikipedia or TV tropes but it's the entire internet!
      1. Traveling Bard likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        tfw your computer RAM is bigger than one in your brain.
        Sep 28, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Heh, pretty much. My brain's RAM is pretty big but I'm ADHD, so I have to keep all of something in my head at once to work on it (instead of just the relevant parts with other things retrieved as needed like a normal brain) and get reeeeeally easily distracted. It's better to keep notes and references so I can pick the whole thing up again when I refocus.
        Sep 28, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think this time the number of things I'm bouncing between when distracted or bored has just gotten out of hand. Normally it's just 3, right now it's more than 6. I might also be in a manic phase which dials up my ADHD, creative drive, curiosity, and lack of self preservation to an 11.
        Sep 28, 2018
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      This is about why you should learn drawing, even if you have no talent. It's good and short.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's cool. Breaks are good, but I know that debugging works best when you get in a flow and stick with it for a while. No worries. ^_^
        Sep 27, 2018
        Dreadshadow likes this.
      3. Arisa
        Arisa
        sounds lovely but i don't want to give people eye cancer with my art
        Sep 27, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        So don't show it off. Just do whatever you want with it. The whole point of art is to express, it's not about fitting into a box of expectations.
        Sep 27, 2018
        Meike and Arisa like this.
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      1. Archeia, Chiara, GolfHacker and 3 others like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ooops! Just realized I was making stuff without checking the scale. Those barrels are huge! It works, though, barrels can be huge sometimes.
        Sep 20, 2018
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I think I can honestly say that your sand detail is the first time I've seen sand tiles for a game with something that actually looks like the sea has flowed over it. That bottom left section looks like sand on a real beach.
        Sep 20, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yay! Honestly, sand is really hard to get right. It can be too many things all at the same time.
        Sep 20, 2018
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      Doing some Pixel Myth art! It's been a long time. No plans yet, just letting myself have fun and enjoy the style.
      1. Avery and GolfHacker like this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I too love this style, and would like to make my next project with it, but sadly I don't have battler sprites that fit.
        Sep 19, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, the best ones are Holder's and they're still too small. I'm planning on trying to make some, if this drive to pixel lasts. I found some really great references and I'm curious to know if I can do it or not. I can't make any promises though.
        Sep 20, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, forgot momentarily about Vibrato's battlers. That's a much better size. Would those work?
        Sep 20, 2018
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      The palette of Pixel Myth is a mess! Trying to decide if I want to start over, clean it up, or move on as if it didn't happen.
      1. Marquise*, shadefoundry and Archeia like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I really can't agree with you there, RBI, I think the NES Palette is poorly constructed. I really like Dawnbringer and Arne's stuff, but they both require a good understanding of color to use I guess.
        Sep 4, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah, just realized how misleading some of this might be. Pixel Myth's palette won't ever be completely static or changed to an already existing one. I just want a more clearly defined palette to work from.
        Sep 4, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Whatever you do, we believe in you! :)
        Sep 18, 2018
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      New meds and I feel fantastic! Pulse has been super high all day too so maybe not a permanent solution, but if it's not I will actually cry.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I am so happy for you. Hope it will well dosed and normalized for your heart. Must be a wee bit freeing.
        Jul 15, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        High pulse turned out to be nothing, I just kept accidentally checking it right after going up the stairs. Side effect is the return of the endless migraine. So, maybe not a solution but it is a step forward.
        Jul 15, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *gesture of victory* YES!
        Jul 15, 2018
    8. lunarrosecrow
      lunarrosecrow
      OH YEAH, Sharm we gonna fight hop on SFV and let's get it on!!! >. > (also I'm a big fannnnn notice me senpai.)
      2. lunarrosecrow
        lunarrosecrow
        I'd Lenny face you but it's not worth it in other news its hot :/ 85 degrees hot and I had to walk to 7 different stores today makes me upset in the worst type of way is it hot where you are too?
        May 26, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Not too bad. AC went on a bit early for the year but we're used to hot here.
        May 26, 2018
        Marquise* and lunarrosecrow like this.
      4. lunarrosecrow
        lunarrosecrow
        this is the worst type of heat though that's what makes it worst.
        May 26, 2018
    9. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      I didnt got really active recently here but....graduating from college and this one of the project I have to do for college : D https://i.imgur.com/USde9qo.png
      1. Marquise*, mlogan and fimamati like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Woah! I made a jack-in-the-box animation when I was in college. Nothing I made was that fancy.
        Apr 8, 2018
        Marquise*, fimamati and nio kasgami like this.
      3. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        well still impressive since its animation XD
        Apr 9, 2018
        Marquise* and fimamati like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Nice!
        Apr 17, 2018
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      There's more Card Captor Sakura?! This is going to be bad for my productivity. *binge watches*
      1. Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Unless you are speaking of a paid job. Maybe something in you needed that pause. But I think some of the things you do might kinda have a use for it in background ^^
        Mar 30, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I don't know enough Japanese to watch it as a background thing, it needs full attention so I can read.
        Mar 30, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Woopse! Yeah I have that problem with silent and subbed movies too. :x
        Mar 30, 2018
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      Just figured out why I can never write a tutorial for anything. I'm a kinetic learner, my tutorials would all be "Try it!" and no more.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        @Sharm, @starlight dream must have a point there; you can start a tread with things to try. Sometimes the most challenge seeking fellas will gather in the tread and themselves try that stuff and come in other treads with words for it and improvements maybe. Then, unless you seek credits for teaching, you'll be seeding lessons and new teachers for the knowledge you wanna spread. :)
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White and starlight dream like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm, interesting idea. I'll consider it.
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White and Marquise* like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        If all fails, you'll get into the Monthly progress tread ^^
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      I am Legend! *points to medals*
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Meanwhile, I'm still figuring out how to *draw* a dragon. XD
        Mar 16, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Congrats you deserve something called Legend!
        Hopefully he won't devour your toast..
        Mar 16, 2018
        Marquise*, Snow White and HexMozart88 like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        You certainly are here!
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      I wish the assets here were displayed like they are at OGA. So much easier to see what's new and keep track of licensing.
    14. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      Thake care @Sharm and get well soon!
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thank you very much. I guess you saw me mention I was going through a little extra right now? I'm fine, not in any danger, it's just that my body is in the middle of a freak out and it's going to take a lot longer than normal and an external push to get there. I have home nursing now! It's nicer than I was expecting.
        Mar 12, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Hugs from afar, Sharm. Glad you're receiving some extra help at home. Wishing you a better tomorrow..
        Mar 12, 2018
        Guiguimu, Marquise* and Thomas Smith like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Dc did to you that kinda nursing meow she does while nursing her repaired plush mouse! So you have an additional get well from a feline here. ^^ I'll pray for you.
        Mar 12, 2018
        Guiguimu and Thomas Smith like this.
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Found out that one of my best friends actually loves databasing. Can't use her talents because her time is completely taken up by kids. :(
      1. Guiguimu, Artificer and Marquise* like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        awwwe... still there might be a time some day to plan a cooperation. :)
        Mar 11, 2018
        Guiguimu and Artificer like this.
      4. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        My sense of humor is terrible because my first thought was "Kill the children."
        Mar 12, 2018
        starlight dream and Marquise* like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Whaaaa... oh wait I think I know who you are;

:D
        Mar 12, 2018
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      RM artists! Please watch for an excellent tip to make your art work better:
      1. Shaz, Marquise*, Chiara and 16 others like this.
      3. VertigoAffliction
        VertigoAffliction
        Mar 9, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Thank you. It is like saving projects and doing back-ups. We will never be remembered of this enough.
        Mar 10, 2018
        VertigoAffliction likes this.
      5. Shaz
        Shaz
        I was just lying awake in bed this morning, thinking about "borrowing" Zach's drawing tablet to see if I can make some tiles, and was thinking of Bob Ross's "you need the darkness in order to show the light". And then this pops up in the status feed!
        Mar 11, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
    17. Sharm
      Sharm
      I only have to make 6 more tiles to finish this sheet and I just don't wanna. Shouldn't I feel excited to be almost done?
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Maybe you need what I usually call a carrot. I did that before, not touching something I really want until I finish my work while having it on top of my computer taunting me until the job gets done! ^^
        Mar 7, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's never worked out well for me before, but I think I was trying it on things that were too big. Maybe with something this small it would help.
        Mar 7, 2018
        VertigoAffliction and Marquise* like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awwww. *cybermental hugs* I can understand that. Yeah size matter in that case especially if it is a chronovore.
        Mar 7, 2018
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      Someone actually broke Rule 14. I've been here for years and have never seen it before. So amazing.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        This is also true.
        Feb 21, 2018
      3. trouble time
        trouble time
        A gorriagle.
        Feb 21, 2018
      4. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        Well! Now I am actually taking that rule seriously :guffaw: I thought it was a joke as well @bgillisp :)
        Feb 21, 2018
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      Finally coming down from my manic insanity. Now I can actually do real stuff.
      1. Marquise*, Thomas Smith and EpicFILE like this.
      3. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        @Sharm
        Actually I also noticed that the people in comic or art communities in general have similar working pattern: procrastinate, being obsessive toward certain project, procrastinate, and suddenly work on another project. xD
        Jan 19, 2018
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I see. Well, ADHD nowadays is very common, since nowadays in many countries of EU there are many things allowed that cause hyperactivity or troubles with focus. Various colourings and junk like that gotten from refined oil...
        Jan 19, 2018
        fimamati and EpicFILE like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        That must be a relief! I am happy for you. :D
        Feb 20, 2018
    20. Sharm
      Sharm
      It's official! I'm not having problems with motion sickness anymore! It might be temporary but for now I'm enjoying Minecraft and Portal!
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh! No. My problems with motion sickness were much more extreme. I've *never* played Minecraft or Portal or almost any game with 3D rendering. Even a few minutes would make me go green.
        Jan 14, 2018
      3. leenat40
        leenat40
        @Sharm that’s kinda scary. Do you know why it’s happening?
        Jan 14, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        The nerve damage is permanent, most likely caused by a viral infection. Eventually my brain will learn to compensate for it. What I meant earlier was if the lack of motion sickness while playing games was permanent. There's a chance it'll come back as the rest gets better.
        Jan 15, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 39)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My Blog: StarWisps