Sharm

Awarded Medals 7

Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 39)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 39, from USA

Finally coming down from my manic insanity. Now I can actually do real stuff. Jan 19, 2018

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      Finally coming down from my manic insanity. Now I can actually do real stuff.
      1. Thomas Smith and EpicFILE like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        @EpicFILE It's likely a higher percentage. There is a correlation with certain hobbies and ADHD. Creating games suits that kind of mind.
        @fimamati Ah, no fun. I hope you have a really great support system to keep you out of trouble.
        Jan 19, 2018
        fimamati and EpicFILE like this.
      4. EpicFILE
        EpicFILE
        @Sharm
        Actually I also noticed that the people in comic or art communities in general have similar working pattern: procrastinate, being obsessive toward certain project, procrastinate, and suddenly work on another project. xD
        Jan 19, 2018
      5. Poryg
        Poryg
        I see. Well, ADHD nowadays is very common, since nowadays in many countries of EU there are many things allowed that cause hyperactivity or troubles with focus. Various colourings and junk like that gotten from refined oil...
        Jan 19, 2018
        fimamati and EpicFILE like this.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      It's official! I'm not having problems with motion sickness anymore! It might be temporary but for now I'm enjoying Minecraft and Portal!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh! No. My problems with motion sickness were much more extreme. I've *never* played Minecraft or Portal or almost any game with 3D rendering. Even a few minutes would make me go green.
        Jan 14, 2018
      3. leenat40
        leenat40
        @Sharm that’s kinda scary. Do you know why it’s happening?
        Jan 14, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        The nerve damage is permanent, most likely caused by a viral infection. Eventually my brain will learn to compensate for it. What I meant earlier was if the lack of motion sickness while playing games was permanent. There's a chance it'll come back as the rest gets better.
        Jan 15, 2018
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      Lately I only feel awake when I should be sleeping. I miss my brain.
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        /me relates
        Jan 14, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        No, this is the only long term pain medication that we've found that doesn't make me horribly ill and I have to be on it to not be in loads of pain. I just have to get used to them.
        Jan 14, 2018
        Llareian and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. Llareian
        Llareian
        I hope you adjust well then, and soon. That's not a fun feeling. Glad they're not making you ill and they work, though!
        Jan 14, 2018
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      Aarg! Cut and pasted art files into my project instead of copy paste, then deleted what I didn't need! It's fine, I had backups!
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *head is spinning* It happened to me often! ACK!!! Yeah, even if we have the back-ups, the hassle to retrace them back or their date of last copy just just kinda gives a lot of worries!
        Dec 25, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Discovered something that I'd lost. An unflattened version of a sprite so that I could use the very lovely hair I made without the giant hat. Trying to split it up again but it's half gone.
        Jan 10, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs and pat on the back* Everyone reading this just go and save your work now!
        Jan 10, 2018
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      I thought finding a RL reference for cool looking lab equipment would be easy, but IRL it all looks like office printers from the 80's.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Hope you found more now ^^
        Dec 25, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        No, I just paused this particular part of the project for now and have been working on other parts. No worries, I'll figure something out.
        Dec 25, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        No truobles. BTW take a look on YouTube upon very first televisions. It might looks something else that we do not know of. :D

Merry Christmas.
        Dec 25, 2017
        Matseb2611 and Sharm like this.
    6. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      I feel the rise of visual novel maker will raise a lots the asking of CG and character artist it's recently most of people asked for sprite or tileset :c
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      3. Joy Diamond
        Joy Diamond
        But VN has blinking and small movements. Grab those & whenever you talk to a Person instead of the current menu and the NPC does not talk, it will blink & do small movements. Major improvement
        Nov 18, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yep, I know of a few ways to add that type of animation in MV, and I can't even code. There are a lot of things that VNM can do that RM can't but basic animation isn't one of them. A lot of the cool art things VNM offers can't be transferred into RM.
        Nov 18, 2017
      5. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yeah haha
        Nov 18, 2017
    7. Stanley
      Stanley
      Hi Sharm:kaohi:Happy Holloween ya~:kaopride:
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        You too!
        Nov 1, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Sorry I was too late to wish it to anyone as I wasn't myself this year from the night before Halloween to the night after! :p (Yeah that's scary.) So Happy eating all of your left over candies! ^^
        Nov 3, 2017
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      So many amazing people hang out here! You guys are all awesome!
      1. dahlys
        dahlys
        You too <(^-^)Y
        Oct 28, 2017
        starlight dream and Sharm like this.
      2. JmyDown
        JmyDown
        We tried hanging out other places but they weren't as cool.
        Oct 28, 2017
        Sharm and starlight dream like this.
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      Always fun to have been awake for more than 24 hours, especially when you spend nearly all of it in bed. Maybe I'll try to tack on 12 more.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        I hope you get some rest soon, and I wish you a fast recovery!
        Oct 28, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thank you all. :LZYsmile:
        Oct 28, 2017
        Guiguimu likes this.
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I wish you a cozy, comfy, restful sleep soon. Huggles.
        Oct 28, 2017
    10. Sharm
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Cool! forgot that one ^^
        Oct 26, 2017
        Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I just asked if I could make more smileys and the answer was yes. *shrugs* So there's no contest or anything.
        Oct 27, 2017
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awww that's neat! ^^
        Oct 27, 2017
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      Irony: When the medication to take to put you to sleep at night makes you clearheaded for the first time all day.
      1. Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Positive, I live alone. I've just been in a lot of pain lately and have insomnia, that tends to keep people awake. It's hard to get a sleep aid that keeps working long term, your body tends to adjust. That's okay, they're mostly for pain anyway and that's still working.
        Oct 26, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs* Tell your pain that yes, you know you are alive and to now please stop to remind it to you at each instants. :3 (I heard that for some peoples, feeling pain was the only proof that they were alive!)
        Oct 26, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Heh, yeah. There are better ways to prove that.
        Oct 26, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      It's so hard not to use IGMC as an excuse to buy more resources. So many potentially useful things that I do not actually need!
      1. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Well the Fantasy Pack may have had most of the stuff I bought last month but it did provide me with some backgrounds to use in my pet project so I can't be too annoyed.
        Oct 6, 2017
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I have everything I want from the Humble Bundle, so I won't be getting that one. It's a few other things that are currently tempting me. Like the Time Fantasy stuff for example. Don't have the newest pack yet, or any of the sprite packs.
        Oct 6, 2017
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        I actually knew I wasn't going to use most of the things, mainly because I don't use VXAce and because of stylic incompatibility. I bought it knowing I would never normally buy most of these things... But I was interested in the music :D
        Oct 6, 2017
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      Man, I hate VX/Ace/MV's three frame sprites. This run cycle I'm working on is ugly. Just one more frame would make everything work better!
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, I see. You're talking about a plugin. Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Not that I can do anything with it ATM, but more frames available would be nice.
        Oct 4, 2017
      3. gstv87
        gstv87
        sure, drop me a pm, we'll figure something out.
        Oct 4, 2017
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        @gstv87 Perhaps you could load these battlers on transition from menu - because that is the time when you change party.
        Oct 6, 2017
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Ugh, this art pack is too humongous. I can't figure out a way to split it up smaller and I'm never able to get more than 3/4 finished!
      1. Artificer, Hudell, Zanfall and 3 others like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Directly into the program. Refining an idea is easier with pixels, you can work from your concept sketch without worrying about stuff not erasing all the way and you don't have to add steps to get the idea transferred to where it gets finished.
        Sep 30, 2017
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Thank you very much!! :) I've been doing it directly in the program, but whenever I saw your pixel art, it made me wonder how you did it.
        Sep 30, 2017
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        References, implying and exaggerating, lots of practice and critique and study. I love art in general but there's a special place in my heart for pixel art and there always has been.
        Sep 30, 2017
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Sometimes I'm obtuse on purpose to get people to figure out what they're doing wrong themselves. I look dumb but there are less fights.
      1. HawkZombie, Marquise*, mlogan and 3 others like this.
      3. literarygoth
        literarygoth
        I personally like the Devil's Advocate approach; help to see better what a person's ideas really are, and at the same time challenge your own.
        Sep 1, 2017
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        Reminds me of a kind of similar problem here. I always give answers only hinting the correct answer, but then somebody comes and gives 100% solution... :D
        Sep 1, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        How many times I just did that to laugh at them in the past and more recently to not play the loudest voice wins the argument? I mean c'mon I need a respirator to sleep. -_-; Not like I would spend all my air and saliva on stupidity. One calm warn and... Well, let the Lord decide.
        Sep 13, 2017
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      I keep gathering resources instead of working on my game. I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        *raises hand* Guilty as charged
        Aug 30, 2017
      3. AlexFitz
        AlexFitz
        I've spent more money on tile packs than on food this month because I like looking at tiles in the map editor...
        Sep 2, 2017
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        I put in hundreds of hours doing that as well during the 4000+ it took me to make mine.
        Sep 30, 2017
    17. Sharm
      Sharm
      Sorry about being inconsistent and forgetful lately. The endless migraine is permanent, doctors are talking management instead of cures.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Aug 20, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Could be a new allergy but I don't know what it could possibly be. Probably not pollen, I have filters in my room for just that purpose and going outside doesn't change anything.
        Aug 20, 2017
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I wish we could more find the cause than treat the symptoms of a lot of ailments. Hold-on Sharm! All I can do is to pray for you unfortunately.
        Aug 23, 2017
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      2. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Don't take me too serious, it's good that you have some fun doing what you like, right? [:
        Aug 19, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's also good to know people love what I've been doing so far. ^_^
        Aug 19, 2017
        Lantiz likes this.
      4. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Yeah, I'm saving the tiny16 for a possible future project [:
        Aug 19, 2017
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      Nine days. That's how long I've had this sinus headache/migraine.
      1. Marquise*, Hollow 1977 and futrchamp like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Those won't work for me, but thanks for the advice. I'm doing my best to remove all the triggers, including sinus pressure (that's one of mine too). I really appreciate the well wishing.
        Aug 2, 2017
        Hollow 1977 likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        You're welcome! Anyway I can help others. Those headaches caused me to miss a few days of work along with the panic attacks. Hope you are able to find a better way to deal with them.
        Aug 2, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs* get well please!
        Aug 2, 2017
    20. Sharm
      Sharm
      I keep getting an itch to combine all the pixel resources I've collected to make a really pretty game. But I don't have any gameplay ideas.
      1. Marquise*, Guiguimu and just1witness like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Woah... Without edits? o_O Mmmmm... that can be interesting and challenging. Hope your tastes are constant!
        Aug 2, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        With edits. That'd be the interesting part, trying to get all the different parts to look like they were made by the same person without pouring too much work into them.
        Aug 2, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental hugs!* Hope you get all where you want with it. That will be a quite interesting task! :D
        Aug 3, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 39)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My Blog: StarWisps