Sharm

Awarded Medals 9

Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Global Mod

I've been in a wonderfully calm and happy mood all day. I want it to last forever but I also enjoy that it happened at all. :LZSproud: Feb 13, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I've been in a wonderfully calm and happy mood all day. I want it to last forever but I also enjoy that it happened at all. :LZSproud:
      1. Finnuval, Chiara, Poryg and 6 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's nice to know when others are calm and happy. Brings a smile to my face. I hope it lasts you a while :)
        Feb 13, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        @Vance Raehart You could try anyway. You could also get your butt banned. So many possibilities! ;)

@samkfj I'm glad you got an extra smile out of this! :D I think it will, I know what I did to make the day start calm, and I intend to do it again tomorrow.
        Feb 13, 2019
        Finnuval, BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
      5. Kes
        Kes
        It's early morning in my time zone, and this is great news to start my day. So pleased.
        Feb 13, 2019
        Finnuval and Sharm like this.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      Went to bed feeling normal, woke up with a horrible head cold and raw throat. How does that happen so fast in so few hours?!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aww. I hope you feel better too. Ginger is my favorite thing for all things upset tummy. It's spicy hot the same way cinnamon is but it really helps and you can get used to the kick.
        Feb 6, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah. The last thing I need is the flu. And really Vance, with minds like ours, any comment can be turned into a dirty joke, believe me.
        Feb 6, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, um, dirty joke teasing isn't a family thing, just FYI. It's playful ribbing that is normal for us. *doesn't want to suddenly get a bunch of dirty jokes*
        Feb 6, 2019
        Finnuval and samkfj like this.
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      Organizing my resource collection! I feel like a dragon sorting their hoard. Bwa ha ha!
      1. dragoonwys, Shaz, Finnuval and 6 others like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's good! I always worry that I'm being annoying, since I'm normally much more shy.
        Jan 21, 2019
        Center, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Apparently organizating my resources also means downloading even more. There's a lot of good stuff you can find for free out there!
        Jan 21, 2019
        The Stranger, Finnuval and samkfj like this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        You? Being annoying? Maybe the day swine would develop the ability to take flight.
        Jan 21, 2019
        The Stranger, Finnuval and Sharm like this.
    4. Center
      Center
      uh,hello。
      (I very glad you tell me the rules,
      thank you, happy new day, lady。)
      1. Sharm likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        *waves*
        Jan 16, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        She doesn't bite. Maybe.
        Jan 16, 2019
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      I wanna do something for someone. Inspire me to draw something pixel related, preferably tiles! But it must be a super small request.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I don't think so, but I am certainly not against someone using it that way. Whatever works for you! Personally, I think if you're going to match it to an RTP, it matches XP better. It needs a palette change, but that's easy enough when you're dealing with pixel art.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* and Gary-Sutherland like this.
      3. Gary-Sutherland
        Gary-Sutherland
        Misread your earlier comment, sorry about that. I will have to take some time and look at these programs. The extent of "graphic editing" i have done so far has been using yanfly's icon generator.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        No worries. No one expects you to be an expert when you're just starting out, and you don't have to be good at everything to use RPG Maker.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      70% Cocoa is officially (for me) the best darkness level. Sweet enough to be palatable and pure enough to for maximum chocolateyness. Yum!
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        My girl hates it too--she says it's because of the fake taste and how it's mostly sugar.

For me things like that are all I know.
        Dec 21, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Girls are weird about chocolate. There's a lot of things in chocolate that are super useful for certain times of the month. Magnesium, iron, caffeine, sugar, and more. Also the mood benefits are apparently true, it boosts production of endorphins and neurotransmitters. Not all girls like or crave chocolate, but there's a reason why so many do.
        Dec 21, 2018
        samkfj likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        That's really neat. I had no idea.
        Dec 21, 2018
    7. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      a little late to the party but happy B'day!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thanks! I didn't say anything yesterday, so I didn't expect anyone to remember. I had a fun day out with my family.
        Dec 17, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well...I didn't 'remember' but I saw it just now lol Guess I'm still observant when I want to haha. Well that's good having fun with the family :) Here's to a better year then the last one! :D
        Dec 17, 2018
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Happy birthday. In the voice of frosty the snowman.
        Dec 17, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      I've gotten super into XianXia stories lately (think magical martial arts) and I just realized they're set up perfectly to work as an RPG!
      1. GolfHacker likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, I haven't been on for a while, I had a rough patch with my health. Had a bad reaction to a medication that takes months to get out of my system. I'm starting to get better though.
        Nov 25, 2018
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I hope you are getting a speedy recovery.
        Nov 25, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        No, but I'm happy with any rate of recovery, especially if that means it's a full one. ^_^
        Nov 25, 2018
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      I would be a happy drunk for certain! *is sleep deprived*
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that it was good to know if you enjoy alcohol or not. I decided before my drunk accident that I didn't want to ever drink. I hated the experience, but now I have a funny story to tell so it's not so bad.
        Oct 6, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I'm happy that you like to learn about what I like and don't like. It's fun to make friends. ^_^
        Oct 6, 2018
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I am not worried about it and you do not have to say sorry to me. It is just an honest mistake. That is the problem with posting on text only, people can easily misunderstood each other's without see face to face.

It is good to understand other situations that is a part of being a human.
        Oct 6, 2018
        Sharm likes this.
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      The past 3 days I've been stuck in a strange research fugue. It's like getting lost on Wikipedia or TV tropes but it's the entire internet!
      1. Traveling Bard likes this.
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        tfw your computer RAM is bigger than one in your brain.
        Sep 28, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Heh, pretty much. My brain's RAM is pretty big but I'm ADHD, so I have to keep all of something in my head at once to work on it (instead of just the relevant parts with other things retrieved as needed like a normal brain) and get reeeeeally easily distracted. It's better to keep notes and references so I can pick the whole thing up again when I refocus.
        Sep 28, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think this time the number of things I'm bouncing between when distracted or bored has just gotten out of hand. Normally it's just 3, right now it's more than 6. I might also be in a manic phase which dials up my ADHD, creative drive, curiosity, and lack of self preservation to an 11.
        Sep 28, 2018
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      This is about why you should learn drawing, even if you have no talent. It's good and short.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's cool. Breaks are good, but I know that debugging works best when you get in a flow and stick with it for a while. No worries. ^_^
        Sep 27, 2018
        Dreadshadow likes this.
      3. Arisa
        Arisa
        sounds lovely but i don't want to give people eye cancer with my art
        Sep 27, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        So don't show it off. Just do whatever you want with it. The whole point of art is to express, it's not about fitting into a box of expectations.
        Sep 27, 2018
        Meike and Arisa like this.
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      1. LMichelle, Archeia, Chiara and 4 others like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ooops! Just realized I was making stuff without checking the scale. Those barrels are huge! It works, though, barrels can be huge sometimes.
        Sep 20, 2018
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I think I can honestly say that your sand detail is the first time I've seen sand tiles for a game with something that actually looks like the sea has flowed over it. That bottom left section looks like sand on a real beach.
        Sep 20, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yay! Honestly, sand is really hard to get right. It can be too many things all at the same time.
        Sep 20, 2018
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      Doing some Pixel Myth art! It's been a long time. No plans yet, just letting myself have fun and enjoy the style.
      1. Avery and GolfHacker like this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I too love this style, and would like to make my next project with it, but sadly I don't have battler sprites that fit.
        Sep 19, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, the best ones are Holder's and they're still too small. I'm planning on trying to make some, if this drive to pixel lasts. I found some really great references and I'm curious to know if I can do it or not. I can't make any promises though.
        Sep 20, 2018
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, forgot momentarily about Vibrato's battlers. That's a much better size. Would those work?
        Sep 20, 2018
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      The palette of Pixel Myth is a mess! Trying to decide if I want to start over, clean it up, or move on as if it didn't happen.
      1. Marquise*, shadefoundry and Archeia like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I really can't agree with you there, RBI, I think the NES Palette is poorly constructed. I really like Dawnbringer and Arne's stuff, but they both require a good understanding of color to use I guess.
        Sep 4, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah, just realized how misleading some of this might be. Pixel Myth's palette won't ever be completely static or changed to an already existing one. I just want a more clearly defined palette to work from.
        Sep 4, 2018
        shadefoundry likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Whatever you do, we believe in you! :)
        Sep 18, 2018
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      New meds and I feel fantastic! Pulse has been super high all day too so maybe not a permanent solution, but if it's not I will actually cry.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I am so happy for you. Hope it will well dosed and normalized for your heart. Must be a wee bit freeing.
        Jul 15, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        High pulse turned out to be nothing, I just kept accidentally checking it right after going up the stairs. Side effect is the return of the endless migraine. So, maybe not a solution but it is a step forward.
        Jul 15, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *gesture of victory* YES!
        Jul 15, 2018
    16. lunarrosecrow
      lunarrosecrow
      OH YEAH, Sharm we gonna fight hop on SFV and let's get it on!!! >. > (also I'm a big fannnnn notice me senpai.)
      2. lunarrosecrow
        lunarrosecrow
        I'd Lenny face you but it's not worth it in other news its hot :/ 85 degrees hot and I had to walk to 7 different stores today makes me upset in the worst type of way is it hot where you are too?
        May 26, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Not too bad. AC went on a bit early for the year but we're used to hot here.
        May 26, 2018
        Marquise* and lunarrosecrow like this.
      4. lunarrosecrow
        lunarrosecrow
        this is the worst type of heat though that's what makes it worst.
        May 26, 2018
    17. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      I didnt got really active recently here but....graduating from college and this one of the project I have to do for college : D https://i.imgur.com/USde9qo.png
      1. Marquise*, mlogan and fimamati like this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Woah! I made a jack-in-the-box animation when I was in college. Nothing I made was that fancy.
        Apr 8, 2018
        Marquise*, fimamati and nio kasgami like this.
      3. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        well still impressive since its animation XD
        Apr 9, 2018
        Marquise* and fimamati like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Nice!
        Apr 17, 2018
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      There's more Card Captor Sakura?! This is going to be bad for my productivity. *binge watches*
      1. Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Unless you are speaking of a paid job. Maybe something in you needed that pause. But I think some of the things you do might kinda have a use for it in background ^^
        Mar 30, 2018
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I don't know enough Japanese to watch it as a background thing, it needs full attention so I can read.
        Mar 30, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Woopse! Yeah I have that problem with silent and subbed movies too. :x
        Mar 30, 2018
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      Just figured out why I can never write a tutorial for anything. I'm a kinetic learner, my tutorials would all be "Try it!" and no more.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        @Sharm, @starlight dream must have a point there; you can start a tread with things to try. Sometimes the most challenge seeking fellas will gather in the tread and themselves try that stuff and come in other treads with words for it and improvements maybe. Then, unless you seek credits for teaching, you'll be seeding lessons and new teachers for the knowledge you wanna spread. :)
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White and starlight dream like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm, interesting idea. I'll consider it.
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White and Marquise* like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        If all fails, you'll get into the Monthly progress tread ^^
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
    20. Sharm
      Sharm
      I am Legend! *points to medals*
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Meanwhile, I'm still figuring out how to *draw* a dragon. XD
        Mar 16, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Congrats you deserve something called Legend!
        Hopefully he won't devour your toast..
        Mar 16, 2018
        Marquise*, Snow White and HexMozart88 like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        You certainly are here!
        Mar 30, 2018
        Snow White likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]