Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. mark2481
      mark2481
      Sharm, please you can make for me sprites battler butterfly?
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Please do not use Status Updates to make requests of this kind, that is not their purpose. In addition, if the person does not have a thread taking requests, it is not likely that they will take on random requests.
        Jul 27, 2019
    2. Lilly
      Lilly
      Resource Type: (Characters, Battlers, Tiles, Icons, ect.)

Does this include scripts?
      1. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        @Lilly If you're talking about the Resource Requests section, then no that section doesn't include scripts. You want to use the Script Request section in the RGSS Boards.
        Jul 2, 2019
      2. Lilly
        Lilly
        Thank You.
        Jul 2, 2019
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Romanticist
        Romanticist
        I've sadly had no meds or therapy help me :/ Glad yours is working out though.
        May 23, 2019
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It took me a long time to get the right diagnosis and doctor to get to this point, so I know how you feel. This particular medication wasn't even available for my illness 6 months ago. Hang in there.
        May 23, 2019
        Romanticist likes this.
      4. Nekohime1989
        Nekohime1989
        i need to get my meds squared away. i've put on too much. im double my senior graduation weight... -_-
        Jul 13, 2019
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      Does anyone use the "Which Graphics Packs Match Which" list? I was thinking about updating it today, but I don't know if it's worth it.
      2. Kauzz
        Kauzz
        Aaah, okay. Thanks. :)
        May 22, 2019
      3. Kauzz
        Kauzz
        Yup, i'm very close to finish my 2nd pack of the same collection tiles, so I hope they accept me hahaha
        May 22, 2019
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        That and they seemingly only release resource pack only 2 (sometimes 3) at a time.Probably so that they don't inundate people with products.
        May 22, 2019
        Kauzz likes this.
    5. AmieLK
      AmieLK
      Thinking of you and your appendix!! Hope that sucker is long gone and that you're recovering nicely!
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yup! Currently healing from the surgery. Even with the pain from being all cut up, I already feel much better and I'm able to do more.
        Apr 16, 2019
        Tea's Jams and AmieLK like this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        That's so good!!! I'm so glad you're on the mend.
        Apr 16, 2019
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      My right shoulder too messed up for mouse use. Luckily, I have alternatives, and can use my left with an active stylus.
      1. Wavelength, Finnuval and Elliott404 like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        I do everything right-handed. My left hand is really just for show haha I envy those that can use both hands for anything haha
        Apr 14, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Most people are right only. I've never met a single person who was born ambidextrous, it seems to be a learned skill. Cross dominant is funny, the dominant hand depends entirely on what's being done and switches around.
        Apr 14, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Yeah, my mom was born left-handed but was 'corrected' when she was young so now she does 5 things right-handed and everything else left. Real fun playing table-tennis with her though as she can switch hands mid-game -.-
        Apr 14, 2019
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      I know it's very strange to be so excited about tomorrow's surgery, but I can't help it. I'm excited to start recovering.
      1. Poryg, Mrs_Allykat, Corona~! and 6 others like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Surgery went well, it's hard to be certain because I'm all cut up and on some serious pain meds, but I think the original pain is gone.
        Apr 12, 2019
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        Hope you recover quickly!!! I'm glad it went well
        Apr 12, 2019
      5. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        I hope you can recover quickly and feel well soon!
        Apr 12, 2019
    8. Lilly
      Lilly
      Can you close this Thread immediately?
      1. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        Just report your thread and that's it.
        Apr 10, 2019
      2. Lilly
        Lilly
        Thank you!~
        Apr 10, 2019
        Elliott404 likes this.
      3. Elliott404
        Elliott404
        No problem
        Apr 10, 2019
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      It was appendicitis after all, I was right! Just a really rare form of it that doesn't show up on CTs or x-rays and comes and goes. . . .
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Please oh please track down that specific doctor. Tell the surgeons that you need to keep the biohazard for VERY good reason. The reason being revenge.
        Apr 6, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I should have sued him but I was so messed up from the combination of drugs and throwing up everything that I couldn't remember his name. It's not worth it to me to track him down now.
        Apr 6, 2019
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        @KaBlooZio I should have said this earlier. I'm really sorry about your niece, that is a huge tragedy.
        Apr 6, 2019
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      With how graphics got streamlined when moving from XP to VX, I sometimes wonder why characters aren't only 7 frames in MV.
      1. AmieLK likes this.
      3. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Like I was going to use full screen tints for time change indications but honestly? That saps a lot of the contrast and prettiness away from the potential. So I'll probably just. Custom paint settings for morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It'll look waaayyy better that way.
        Apr 6, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        That sounds both pretty and like a lot of work. I agree with the dollhouse thing, that's mostly what I do when I make stuff in RM. I enjoy the art part and there's nothing wrong with focusing on the part I enjoy.
        Apr 6, 2019
        AmieLK likes this.
      5. AmieLK
        AmieLK
        Weirdly? Though I adore the step, inking by FAR takes the longest for me. It makes my paintings waaay more precise, which is necessary for projects like this. But the painting/colouring bit? Speedy. So as far as extra work goes, it's not too bad!
        Apr 6, 2019
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      *pokes forum* This place has been really quiet lately. Everyone must be working hard on games! *hopeful*
      1. liviticus, AmieLK, CleanWater and 7 others like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oooooh. I see. I've never seen "I am" in a contraction when it's supposed to be a full sentence, so I expected a subject. It might be one of those obscure language rules that English has. "When the subject of a sentence is implied, contractions can't be used on the verb." or something equally snooty sounding.
        Mar 24, 2019
        CleanWater likes this.
      4. CleanWater
        CleanWater
        Or maybe it's just a plain translation error of my side. :guffaw:

I'm -> "Eu estou" in PT-BR. I'm working -> "Eu estou trabalhando", but we can also simply answer "Eu estou" or "Estou" instead of the full sentence.
        Mar 25, 2019
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Interesting! I love learning about language quirks like that. What's extra interesting is that in this case saying "I am" would have actually worked, because I'd said "Everyone must be working hard on games!" It could be seen as a response, saying "I'm a member of this group you mentioned!" It was just putting "I am" into a contraction that didn't work.
        Mar 25, 2019
        CleanWater likes this.
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm sorry if I've seemed more proud or obtuse or mean or anything like that lately. I'm stupid from lack of sleep, it's not intentional.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        When they were first married he would kind of flip out if she tried to cuddle, saying "No, I'm married!" This happened more than once.
        Mar 7, 2019
        AmieLK, Shaz, Marsigne and 4 others like this.
      3. Nekohime1989
        Nekohime1989
        Okay that made me laugh. So sweet. Now theirs a man that deserves to wake up to his favorite breakfast.
        Mar 7, 2019
        Marsigne and Sharm like this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        That reminds me of this joke:
        "Doctor, I need help. Quite often I dream that I am boxing!"
        "So what, do you wake up beaten up?"
        "Not me. My wife."
        Mar 7, 2019
        Marsigne likes this.
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      My new diet seems to be making me lose wrinkles. I'm not sure how I feel about that, I already look much younger than my actual age.
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        Baked potatoes--totally recommend them. I ate those mostly in college :D
        Feb 28, 2019
      3. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        Would you do if you took like dollar with nickels and popped then in your mouth, would you die? :D
        Feb 28, 2019
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I think anyone would die from swallowing that many nickels. ;) My allergy presents as a rash, and the mouth is actually surprisingly resistant to allergens. But a single needle prick for drawing blood has my arm covered in spots, and that was only 4% nickel, so yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm glad they don't make nickels out of nickel anymore.
        Mar 1, 2019
        Nekohime1989 and Vance Raehart like this.
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      I've been in a wonderfully calm and happy mood all day. I want it to last forever but I also enjoy that it happened at all. :LZSproud:
      1. Finnuval, Chiara, Poryg and 6 others like this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        It's nice to know when others are calm and happy. Brings a smile to my face. I hope it lasts you a while :)
        Feb 13, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        @Vance Raehart You could try anyway. You could also get your butt banned. So many possibilities! ;)

@samkfj I'm glad you got an extra smile out of this! :D I think it will, I know what I did to make the day start calm, and I intend to do it again tomorrow.
        Feb 13, 2019
        Finnuval, BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
      5. Kes
        Kes
        It's early morning in my time zone, and this is great news to start my day. So pleased.
        Feb 13, 2019
        Finnuval and Sharm like this.
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Went to bed feeling normal, woke up with a horrible head cold and raw throat. How does that happen so fast in so few hours?!
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aww. I hope you feel better too. Ginger is my favorite thing for all things upset tummy. It's spicy hot the same way cinnamon is but it really helps and you can get used to the kick.
        Feb 6, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah. The last thing I need is the flu. And really Vance, with minds like ours, any comment can be turned into a dirty joke, believe me.
        Feb 6, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, um, dirty joke teasing isn't a family thing, just FYI. It's playful ribbing that is normal for us. *doesn't want to suddenly get a bunch of dirty jokes*
        Feb 6, 2019
        Finnuval and samkfj like this.
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      Organizing my resource collection! I feel like a dragon sorting their hoard. Bwa ha ha!
      1. dragoonwys, Shaz, Finnuval and 6 others like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        That's good! I always worry that I'm being annoying, since I'm normally much more shy.
        Jan 21, 2019
        Center, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Apparently organizating my resources also means downloading even more. There's a lot of good stuff you can find for free out there!
        Jan 21, 2019
        The Stranger, Finnuval and samkfj like this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        You? Being annoying? Maybe the day swine would develop the ability to take flight.
        Jan 21, 2019
        The Stranger, Finnuval and Sharm like this.
    17. Center
      Center
      uh,hello。
      (I very glad you tell me the rules,
      thank you, happy new day, lady。)
      1. Sharm likes this.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        *waves*
        Jan 16, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        She doesn't bite. Maybe.
        Jan 16, 2019
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      I wanna do something for someone. Inspire me to draw something pixel related, preferably tiles! But it must be a super small request.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I don't think so, but I am certainly not against someone using it that way. Whatever works for you! Personally, I think if you're going to match it to an RTP, it matches XP better. It needs a palette change, but that's easy enough when you're dealing with pixel art.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* and Gary-Sutherland like this.
      3. Gary-Sutherland
        Gary-Sutherland
        Misread your earlier comment, sorry about that. I will have to take some time and look at these programs. The extent of "graphic editing" i have done so far has been using yanfly's icon generator.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        No worries. No one expects you to be an expert when you're just starting out, and you don't have to be good at everything to use RPG Maker.
        Jan 11, 2019
        Marquise* likes this.
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      70% Cocoa is officially (for me) the best darkness level. Sweet enough to be palatable and pure enough to for maximum chocolateyness. Yum!
      2. samkfj
        samkfj
        My girl hates it too--she says it's because of the fake taste and how it's mostly sugar.

For me things like that are all I know.
        Dec 21, 2018
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Girls are weird about chocolate. There's a lot of things in chocolate that are super useful for certain times of the month. Magnesium, iron, caffeine, sugar, and more. Also the mood benefits are apparently true, it boosts production of endorphins and neurotransmitters. Not all girls like or crave chocolate, but there's a reason why so many do.
        Dec 21, 2018
        samkfj likes this.
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        That's really neat. I had no idea.
        Dec 21, 2018
    20. Finnuval
      Finnuval
      a little late to the party but happy B'day!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thanks! I didn't say anything yesterday, so I didn't expect anyone to remember. I had a fun day out with my family.
        Dec 17, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Well...I didn't 'remember' but I saw it just now lol Guess I'm still observant when I want to haha. Well that's good having fun with the family :) Here's to a better year then the last one! :D
        Dec 17, 2018
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Happy birthday. In the voice of frosty the snowman.
        Dec 17, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]