Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I don't like making overworld tiles. You've got to take something already crammed with visual info and somehow make an identical but much smaller version that still looks good. Maybe I should start looking at it as a challenge.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        @Marquise: Overworld maps are the most map looking of them, entire towns are shown in a single tile, trees are an autotile and put down one at a time, stuff like that. I don't use them, I prefer games like Secret of Mana where each between section is a kind of dungeon.
        Nov 11, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Other people like them, though, and they're useful for making fast travel maps, so I really should start making them instead of ignoring them and hoping no one notices.
        Nov 11, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Gotcha!
        Nov 12, 2015
    2. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      http://i.imgur.com/J26hEAu.png decided to go black and white because color take just so much time....what do you think of it :o ? for myself I find this 100 betters! and it's fast so I will being able to do more pages pers weeks!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Getting more pages done is a top priority in a webcomic. Plus, the black and white suits the mood. Go for it.
        Nov 6, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        thanks sharm :D ! and yes getting more pages is priority! or I gonna get whip by the editor ;3;
        Nov 6, 2015
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      Ah! No! Stop posting! I can't keep up! *dies*
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Depends by how long someone is dead, you can always make a seance and summon the soul though. Also if you got your soul back then you are human again (as long as your body is intact), undead are souless. :)

Jokes aside now, I'm glad you feel better, the website is pretty crowded recently.
        Nov 3, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        TY, I'm really glad to be back
        Nov 4, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        *cybermental pat on the back*
        Nov 5, 2015
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      Reminder! The status feed has rules too! If people can not follow them we may have to take it down.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^since when does having a golden box under a name equate to less rule-breaking?
        Nov 1, 2015
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Yeah the mods work for free and use their free time to keep the forums in order. It's like a second job but they still do it. Thanks guys!
        Nov 1, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Thanks for the links!
        Nov 1, 2015
    5. nio kasgami
    6. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      sharm sharm! look it's a preview of the second page
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Woah, lots of expression in those eyes. I feel really sorry for her, it seems she's got a lot of pain causing her to lash out.
        Oct 26, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        hahah yeah in this pannel Alicia (the bully) intend to cut by force the main character hairs :o
        Oct 26, 2015
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      People are so strange. I try to help someone get what they want and get told off. I use mod voice to tell someone to shape up, they like the post. I don't get it.
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Well that's strange,

I will like a mod post, but that's for if I understand what they're saying and have taken it in.
        Oct 26, 2015
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Well maybe moderation helps really or those moderated who likes you just shows they aren't taking it personally while critiqued they are just feeling their personal garden daisies are stomped. I mean, everyone<s a critic... very few are mods!
        Oct 26, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        That is weird. Caophony that's probably true. I got yelled by my boss once and after that I was like Yes Sir.
        Oct 27, 2015
    8. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      1. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        <3 <3 <3
        Oct 20, 2015
    9. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      sorry I deceived you...my flag didn't win :C...I know you loved it so much
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        You didn't deceive me. I really like how it came out, I think we'll still end up using it for stuff. You could make a really cool looking attack animation spell with it for one thing.
        Oct 19, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        awww yeah this could be a attack animation c: ! like IN THE NAME OF THE GODDESS!
        Oct 19, 2015
      3. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        But your flag was/is really great!

I love the softy colors - that was/is one of my favorite flags. =3
        Oct 19, 2015
    10. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      look a catgirl :D http://i.imgur.com/RBPctYn.png and noo this nothing pervert I just didn't finish the clothe design I am still strugling on the clothe choice xD
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      Okay guys, just as a word of warning, our best moderators and admins have been stretched to the absolute breaking point lately. Remember the rules, be kind, be patient and we'll all make it through this! ;)
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah, the number one reason people make multiple accounts. "You mean I have to be accountable for my past actions?! No fair! *deletes contents of all previous posts*"
        Oct 14, 2015
      3. Milennin
        Milennin
        Push the big red button!
        Oct 14, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Take care everystaff!
        Oct 14, 2015
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      I have no idea why, but I really love drawing pumpkins. Today's "Pixel Dailies" challenge is pumpkins. Yes! *makes lots of pixel pumpkins*
      2. Sharm
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        The cool things that come from this holiday, ghosts, skeletons, demons etc. oh and candy.
        Oct 14, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Yay go for it! (I miss pumpkin carving and cooked pumpkin seeds!)
        Oct 14, 2015
    13. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      http://i.imgur.com/fU4NHiK.png : D it's my main character from my first Ace game! she's a elfrot (half human, half elves ) who died in falling in the cold waters....but she's got revive by the "death" so she's a "death corpse" in a ways she's breath and move and think but his hearth stoped to beat c:
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Nice start. Show me again when she's finished.
        Oct 12, 2015
    14. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      *smirk* =w=
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        You're getting much better at that style of shading!
        Oct 10, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        thanks sharm! yes I am do proud of it too!
        Oct 10, 2015
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Still super exhausted and sleepy. I'm starting to think it's not because I forgot my asthma medication last night.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I wish it was something that mild. Oh well. I'm taking care of myself the best I can. Kind of wish I didn't live alone at times like this but family lives close so I'm alright.
        Oct 9, 2015
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        In theses days, this is one of the most precious things you can have ever!
        Oct 9, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I don't know what I would do without family. An awesome blessing to be sure.
        Oct 10, 2015
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      The difference between being patiently understanding and letting people walk all over you should be clearer.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Except that there are loads of people who use people accidentally, because they're too busy or not paying attention or just in a bad situation that they're to proud to admit they need help with. People who use others on purpose are much easier to spot and avoid.
        Oct 7, 2015
      3. Stapleton
        Stapleton
        Well if thats the case Sharm they are not putting effort into being nice to you. Accidental or not. :p
        Oct 7, 2015
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Being used sucks. I myself would probably be patient and wait to see if it gets worse, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. If they are asking for help then they should be grateful for the assist and not be so demanding. I hope you find a resolution that will work.
        Oct 7, 2015
    17. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, thanks! It's always good to have options.
        Oct 4, 2015
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        your welcome I am thinking to publish here myself !
        Oct 4, 2015
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      I give up. I wanna make castle tiles.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I would expect a pumpkin castle to be very different from just about everything.
        Oct 3, 2015
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Candy castle with gumdrops, chocolates, and candy canes.
        Oct 3, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Deep Sea pirate castle!

Like with a harbor and some kinda bits made in planks and other brick rocks and floating passerelles and observation masts and a BIG gate and some corals and reefs and grottos and different boats and broken ones used to make housings etc!
        Oct 3, 2015
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      Drat. Sent out a bunch of keys but the ones set to expire are still sitting here.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        :3 Nice! Expire??? As in you play and then "pouf" it breaks?
        Oct 2, 2015
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        No, expire as in "coupon is no longer valid". There are only two and they're coupons to buy it not fully free. Still, XP is a really good price.
        Oct 2, 2015
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        True. ^^
        Oct 2, 2015
    20. Sharm
      Sharm
      Oh, oops. I've got some keys from the last two humble bundles that are going to expire soon. PM me if you want stuff.
      2. Geoff Moore
        Geoff Moore
        Ooh! PM sent. :)
        Oct 2, 2015
      3. That Odd One
        That Odd One
        Still have one for sprite lamp?
        Oct 2, 2015
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sprite Lamp, Spriter Pro, and Axis Game Factory are gone.
        Oct 2, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]