Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 40, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      Went through all the trouble of making an animated tile before realizing that I'd made it 16x16 instead of 32x32! No wonder it looked funny.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ah. Yeah, thought about that but the scale was completely wrong. It would have been too busy.
        Aug 5, 2014
      3. Omega Weapon
        Omega Weapon
        ah, okay. No problem.
        Aug 5, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        I just need to come to terms with the fact that any time I'm working on animated autotiles it's going to be super frustrating.
        Aug 5, 2014
    2. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      Almost finish to draw the sketch of mlogan and you are the next...did you have preference for the color ;w;?
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        sure you choosing color!
        Jul 19, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Well, yes, but what color am I choosing? The color of my character's hair? The outfit? Her eyes?
        Jul 19, 2014
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        but the mostly globaly the hair the eyes and if you want the outfit~
        Jul 19, 2014
    3. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      Detective Conan...so much memory ;w;!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Both the manga and the anime are still going. It's impressive!
        Jul 18, 2014
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yes! but I just heard some stuff I need to watch it when I will have time!
        Jul 18, 2014
    4. Oriceles
      Oriceles
      has anybody told you, "hey Sharm! you are a charm!"? hehehe
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Heh, thanks. Not really, although some people have just straight up replaced the S with a C apparently by accident.
        Jul 13, 2014
      2. Oriceles
        Oriceles
        Oh I see :3 hahaha
        Jul 14, 2014
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      Entitled person: Gimme this thing! Me: That's not how you get this thing, here's how you get exactly what you want. Entitled person: Well if you aren't going to give me this thing you're a jerk! Me: *headdesk* This happens waaaay to often.
      2. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        @Ms Littlefish You'd think being polite would be something every home taught! It'd be nice if that were true!

@Sharm Dehumanizing. Nice word. That sums it up. I guess sometimes people just don't care enough to treat others with respect. Quite a shame really.
        Jul 12, 2014
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        @ DesperateMeasurez I really do know a lot of families who instill the belief that they are the big cheese at any given moment. And that getting what they want by any means and without any semblance of sacrifice is OK and that anyone can be your pawn. So you'd think. But no.
        Jul 12, 2014
      4. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        I know a few myself. Some are even relatives of mine in my "extended" family. It's sad but true. As kids, we were definitely taught to be polite and show respect. I'd never be able to look at someone as a "pawn." Feels inhuman.
        Jul 12, 2014
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      Did the math for how long this character pack should take me at this pace. It's depressingly bad.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        @Celi: Yeah, I'm doing some XP to Ace conversions to help with sanity.

@Vexed: Sadly, it's the busts that's making it take so long. Editing existing stuff should help though.
        Jul 10, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Offers a hug! Just letting you know we appreciate it :)
        Jul 10, 2014
      4. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        I think it'll be worth it, especially that your busts are so detailed. I bet the hair is the one that slowing the process! It's so well drawn! Vexed is right, everything goes smoother when you get use to the work.
        Jul 10, 2014
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      Designing an NPC nun, easy. Designing a PC nun, impossible. Gave up and made her a witch.
      2. Ratty524
        Ratty524
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhikkhuni

^ Actually it kind of is.

I think the settings need to be diversified for these RPGs anyway. Everything is either "OOOH SPOOKY MODERN HORRERRRRRS" or "MAGICALCHIVARLYANDFUSRODAH" :p
        Jul 2, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Okay, so I guess I need to be clearer about this so you get why I'm decided the things I have. I'm making lots of tile sets and character packs. Each one will have a different focus and inspiration. If I were throw that out and just do a whole bunch of everything, in the end I would end up with something less diverse because I'd just do what I enjoyed and was comfortable with.
        Jul 2, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Did not know about the Bhkkhuni, it makes sense that it could exist but I'm so used to very sexist way that most Asian cultures function that it didn't seem possible. Seems like it's an on and off thing, sometimes existing, sometimes not.
        Jul 2, 2014
    8. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      Sharm I know everyone say this to you but...you are just so much awesome o^o i am in love with your tileset I almost feel to change my victorian era to a german era! for my game alone x3! (and for woman who suffer of these horrible sickness...you are just awesome x3)
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Aw, thanks Nio. Victorian Era is one of my favorites when it comes to style, I totally understand why you'd set a game in it.
        Jul 2, 2014
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yeah most of horror game are set in this era but just because they are beautifull ;w;!
        Jul 2, 2014
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm in that wierd mental state where I just want to distroy something. If I were a normal, healthy person, I'd be cleaning the house right now.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        :( gives you uber gentle hug
        Jul 1, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Not fragile, just usually exhausted. But thank you. *hugs*

@Nio: Paper cookie. Hmm. I'll put it on my wall?
        Jul 1, 2014
      4. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        @Sharm : sure :D ! it is obvious!
        Jul 1, 2014
    10. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      it is.....Sharm *attack you with cute cat attitude* you miss me ;3! *whisper* and good new I product some pages of rpg maker story x3!
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hi Nio! Welcome back! I'm excited to read it when you get finished, I think it'll be fun.
        Jun 28, 2014
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yeah!
        Jun 28, 2014
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      My pack is out, my pack is out! *dances*
      2. frrrosty
        frrrosty
        Looks amazing! Really beautiful stuff. Is there a video or gif to show the animating water? I'm really curious how it looks!
        Jun 28, 2014
      3. Indrah
        Indrah
        *Yoink*

Oh wait I paid for it.

*Kaching!*

TAKE MY MONEY AND MAKE MORE OF THIS YOU BEAUTIFUL lovable <3
        Jun 29, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hehe, thank you Indrah, I will do so. I'm working on it right now in fact.
        Jun 29, 2014
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      I'm feeling brave today, I think I'll attemt an animated battler.
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Hmm. Dollmage's stuff seems to be set up the same way Holders are, just in a different visual style.
        Jun 28, 2014
      3. That Bread
        That Bread
        A bit, dollmages has less rows and the battlers are bigger compared to holders.
        Jun 28, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        The less rows thing is the only relevant bit, I'm using my own sprite as a base anyway.
        Jun 28, 2014
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      In the zone today for making sprites but unfortunately I must sleep. Such a shame, I doubt I'll do as well tomorrow.
      1. Cadh20000
        Cadh20000
        Rest well and hope!
        Jun 26, 2014
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        That always happens. Creativity spikes seem to strike during late nights.
        Jun 26, 2014
      3. Solo
        Solo
        You gotta believe!
        Jun 26, 2014
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Depression is winning today. :p
      2. The Forgotten
        The Forgotten
        It's a brain thing. Well, both are, but specifically artistic ability. Your stuff is great, better than mine by far. My brain isn't coded for original pixel art really. But I can take two pieces and combine them into something new and it is... passable... I know what depression is like though, I was there just recently when I fired from my job and it took 3 months to get a new one (just last week) and my wife is due to have her baby before I get my first paycheck. =/
        Jun 25, 2014
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Stay awesome Sharm!
        Jun 25, 2014
      4. B.Ultimus
        B.Ultimus
        Me too! But let us kick it's ass together!
        Jun 25, 2014
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Krita has the ability to wrap the edges of the canvas! This will make creating repeating tiles so much easier!
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I know! You'd think with how often you need something like that to make a good 3D texture that it would be extremely common.
        Jun 22, 2014
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Illustrator has that feature, but in patterns. I will see what krita can do with a certain pic.
        Jun 22, 2014
      4. Palsa
        Palsa
        There was a program on Steam that is supposed specialize in wrapping for textures, but I forget what it was called.

And true, especially with the number of people into game design.
        Jun 22, 2014
    16. Sharm
      Sharm
      I just realized that I made an entire waterfall for tiles that don't have any other water tiles. What was I thinking?
      2. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Ow... that's a problem then. Hmm...
        Jun 18, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Save it for the next pack or release as an add-on? :)
        Jun 18, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm replacing it with a stair step waterfall that will work with the stuff that already exists.
        Jun 18, 2014
    17. Sharm
      Sharm
      Hah, I can now convert Ace autotiles into XP tiles with a few key presses! I wonder if I could get it to work in reverse. . . .
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Photoshop. I'm converting my new tileset to work in XP.
        Jun 17, 2014
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I still think it would be cool if you could convert the art sets of Ace into 3D models... I'd love to see an RPG Maker 3D Ace or some such. Seriously, it'd be sweet.
        Jun 17, 2014
      4. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Yeah, I've ben busy converting the DS tiles to XP, it's pretty easy. The other way around is probably harder.
        Jun 17, 2014
    18. Sharm
      Sharm
      I should be working. I need to be working. *Goofs off on internet*
      2. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        You rang?
        Jun 17, 2014
      3. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        wow that's me right now
        Jun 17, 2014
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        @DM - You've made my day once again!
        Jun 17, 2014
    19. Sharm
      Sharm
      I am full of celebratory steak. Life is good.
      2. kj3400
        kj3400
        GIMME FOOD D:
        Jun 1, 2014
      3. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Uh...*phrasing?*
        Jun 1, 2014
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        What do you mean?
        Jun 1, 2014
    20. nio kasgami
      nio kasgami
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        How could I forget your favorite RTP character? Mrrn looks cute. Would you like some advice or would you like to wait until you're further along?
        May 30, 2014
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        yeahhh yeahhh advise advice like palladin also do =3! (you can send in pm so I will alway's can check it x3?)
        May 30, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 40)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]