Sharm
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 41)

Share This Page

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist, Female, 41, from USA

Veteran

I really, really like my new meds. It's amazing how solving a small underlying problem can help so many others that didn't seem related. May 23, 2019

1. Sharm
      Sharm
      I would love a tutorial on how to make text boxes pretty. I keep trying and they always come out looking dumb.
    2. Sharm
      Sharm
      Getting burned on my fingertips when I'm also alergic to aloe is very annoying.
      1. DarthVollis
        DarthVollis
        Try baby Lotion.

Most lotions will work, but make sure you avoid the ones with aloe in them.
        Feb 25, 2013
    3. Sharm
      Sharm
      I spent so long trying to decide if I was joining GMD that it started without me. I still can't decide.
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        You can still join, you know :)
        Feb 1, 2013
    4. Sharm
      Sharm
      Ah, my old enemy, Walk Cycles.
      1. StarkinGyra
        StarkinGyra
        They are your enemy too!?
        Jan 31, 2013
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Oh, definitely. My front walks skate and my side walks shimmy. It's not pretty.
        Jan 31, 2013
    5. Sharm
      Sharm
      Enjoying my vacation from the GMD by reading a book. I still have to decide if I'm joining the new one.
    6. Sharm
      Sharm
      I woke up with a bunch of things for my game that I couldn't wait to work on. Now that I'm ready to start I can't remember what those things were.
      1. Kevvviiinnn
        Kevvviiinnn
        oh man, i hate when that happens—it's like i open up RPG Maker and all of a sudden, my mind goes blank. for some reason, i only ever retain half of my ideas by the time i actually begin working on my project (which, in hindsight, is probably a good reason to write them down).
        Jan 29, 2013
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Sadly I was trying to write them down when I blanked. I managed to remember two of them which is enough to keep me busy for a while.
        Jan 29, 2013
      3. Nicke
        Nicke
        Hehe that happens to me sometimes as well.
        Jan 29, 2013
    7. Sharm
      Sharm
      Just got some bad news. The date is set for my niece to go to her mom for her turn. The mom likes to shut her in a room and ignore her all day, so I'm pretty worried.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Oh, that's definitely not good.

Kids need really close supervision around that age. They're constantly exploring the world and can get into pretty dangerous situations if left alone. :(
        Jan 25, 2013
      3. Vance Raehart
        Vance Raehart
        that mom sounds like a cute. oh and this is against the child abuse prevention and treatment act.
        Jan 25, 2013
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Thankfully me and her dad have been teaching her a lot when she's here, and she's a really smart and obedient child. Her mom *does* love her, she's just overwhelmed by having a daughter. Honestly, this whole thing would be easier if she didn't love her.
        Jan 25, 2013
    8. Sharm
      Sharm
      I have a special hatered for VXAce's autotile. 32x32 or 16x16, just pick one!
      1. Holder
        Holder
        I never understood why they changed if from how XP 2k3 handled them :( They're just a pain to try to do anything with.
        Jan 23, 2013
      2. Jawnsunn
        Jawnsunn
        Yeah, I wish there was a workaround to this and Ace's big resolution.
        Jan 23, 2013
    9. Sharm
      Sharm
      Cleaning out water damaged stuff when you've got a mold alergy is not a good idea. Sadly, it's also unavoidable.
    10. Sharm
      Sharm
      I got half a tree done in the time it took Celianna to do four. Clearly I'm taking to long.
      1. Celianna
        Celianna
        To be fair, my trunks were already done, all that was left was the foliage :)
        Jan 17, 2013
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        True, but foliage is the hardest part. At least it is for me. Hmm, depending how you look at it I may have just won your argument for you.
        Jan 17, 2013
    11. Sharm
      Sharm
      Everything I wrote today didn't get saved. Stupid windows auto update and stupid me for not saving before I left the room!
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        I found you can turn off the autoupdate (alebit too late, was in same scenario) through a set of obscure menu options.
        Jan 16, 2013
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        I did that once, ended up getting a horrible trojan that pretended to be an update. Scared me out of ever turning it off again.
        Jan 16, 2013
    12. Sharm
      Sharm
      Having one of those moments when I realize I have no idea what I'm doing.
    13. Sharm
      Sharm
      I managed to pour my water bottle all over my laptop. Thankfully it was closed and didn't get inside!
      1. Chaos Avian
        Chaos Avian
        Wooo! Close call! Reminds me of the time I dropped my old laptop in the bath once...
        Jan 13, 2013
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        thats what you get for drinking water! be healthy will ruin mre than just your stuff..jk
        Jan 13, 2013
      3. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        Chaos, why was it near the bath in the first place?
        Jan 13, 2013
    14. Sharm
      Sharm
      Game art is inspired by Tibet. Went to look up a Tibetan graveyard, couldn't find any. Turns out they don't usually bury their dead!
      1. EFizzle
        EFizzle
        What do they do instead? :0 I love foreign cultures
        Jan 13, 2013
      2. Thalzon
        Thalzon
        Jan 13, 2013
    15. Sharm
      Sharm
      Finally got the hang of drawing rock walls! It was eluding me for a while.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Sharm
        Sharm
        Grass wasn't as hard for me to get the hang of, don't know why. Water though, water is impossible.
        Jan 11, 2013
      3. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        It wouldn't be so bad if it was still. But animated water ... such a pain!
        Jan 11, 2013
      4. Choco-Elliot Wyvern
        Jan 11, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1978 (Age: 41)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I got my start doing commissions for indie gaming projects and eventually found my way here. While I no longer do commissions, I really love to make pixel art and love seeing my artwork move and be interacted with. I'm currently busy making the Pixel Myth packs and loving every minute of it. I'd like to someday make a game that incorporates elements of RPG, VN and Point and Click Adventure games in a way that it's none of those genres but something different. I also enjoy writing and crafting (usually crochet).

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]